Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Army Garrison April 2021

Originally posted by starty View Post

Defo no huggage here either. The best bit about this shitty situation imho is the social distancing :haha:
    :harhar:
    Yes it's starting ..... I'm noticing more cars on the road ..........:ambivalence::ambivalence:
    Last edited by satz123; April 14, 2021, 01:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by IamMary View Post
      T
      Picked up the kids from school earlier and less than 10 mins later there was a fatal crash on the one I just had just been on. Very sad and slightly terrifying. I could have passed one of the cars on the way home..
      Yeah saw that Mers - a poor cyclist
      @JackieClaire, not too early at all for clothes shopping. Looking forward to the fashion show :dancegirl:
      [MENTION=7008]JackieClaire[/MENTION] .... yes JC time to start thinking about the outfit.
      ALTHOUGH I'm before you :haha:

I have the dress from last year that i never got to wear ..... but will treat myself to a mad hat.
      Thanks be to God we'll probably only be allowed 50 guests at most ...... another good thing about the shittiness of lockdown ...

Comment

I have a friend coming over for a run later this morning.
        One thing about this bereavement thing is that people have been so kind and offers of walks, coffee and garden visits have been so helpful.
        All the posh wine is catalogued and on a spreadsheet ready for sale and will get me a new bathroom!
        [MENTION=22839]brit[/MENTION] - brave woman is right !!!! Able to find a positive (kinda) side to everything.
        I hope the run gave you a little lift ?
        "this bereavement thing'' made me smile.
        I'm hoping you'll be smiling again soon...:heart:
        At the rate Boris is going you'll soon be off flying to see your daughter ?

Comment

Originally posted by JackieClaire View Post
          So glad I've got the peer group tonight. Mr. JC and I had one of those humdinger rows before we went to bed.............so got to get that sorted. One of those rows that was over nothing and everything and lots of slamming doors in between.
          How did the peer group go [MENTION=7008]JackieClaire[/MENTION] ?
          Just getting out & talking to real people helps greatly. I went to chemist today, chatted to a few 'new' people & felt great afterwards.
          Pathetic but hey whatever keep you sane eh ?....

Comment

Oh Jesus - just thought maybe I've turned into one of those old ladies telling all her ailments in a Pharmacy :egad:

Comment

Originally posted by rustop59 View Post
              Does Gerard watch you get on the scales? Jesus need a pedicure if he does.
              AH no Rustop!! That would be too weird!! did you see that meme of the girl taking her weight photo, but unfortunately her shiny scales reflected a lot more back :haha:

Hope things are settled tonight [MENTION=7008]JackieClaire[/MENTION]. Impossible to sleep after a barney.

Sorry [MENTION=22839]brit[/MENTION], I missed your post too. Have you a buyer for all the wine? Great outcome! Good that your getting out a lot and talking :hug:

Originally posted by satz123 View Post
              Oh Jesus - just thought maybe I've turned into one of those old ladies telling all her ailments in a Pharmacy :egad:
              AH... now I DO know who you are in real life!!

No news from this corner. Went to a kitchen place yesterday, most exciting thing I have done for months! Project is a long way away, cant get a builder yet!!
              AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

Hope all goes well with the Covid test Molls...
                AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

Good morning very sunny day with blue skies although very cold.

Hoping to get out for a run tis morning!

Love you Army people!

Comment

Morning!!! ah Satz -- don't even talk to me about old ladies in pharmacies... or libraries for that matter - with their ailments -- that truly seem to go on forever -- it's a miracle any of them are still alive!! mind you -- the old men are worse - but you don't have to pay the same attention to the men - they are so wrapped up in themselves they don't notice you aren't listening!

Covid was fine Mary -- it was just cos it's a covid free hospital so you can't get next nigh or near the place without a test -- tomorrow's the big day!!

Vaccinations are moving along at a rate of knots now thank goodness -- Joe should be done next week - me a short while after - then they will shovel through the under 50's -- new restrictions being eased on the 4th May -- including me going back to work!! quite excited actually -- my world has become WAY too small --

Love you too MrsA -- keep up the running - and if you find it getting tough - you can always walk -- so good for you -- it'll get easier -- xxxx
                    Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
                    contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

How very sad about that cyclist Mary. That makes you stop and think doesn't it? There was a very bad accident here about 18 months ago Two people were run into by a truck and their car exploded and they burnt to death. Right there on the motorway. Traffic was backed up for hours with people trying to get home but at least they were able to go home right? The other driver has been charged with manslaughter. Can you imagine?

So that's cheerful. You're welcome.

Last day in the old job tomorrow. Nothing has been organised or planned by the genius' so next week is going to be an absolute, unequivocal clusterf*ck. There will be nobody to hand my job to, and nobody to hand over to me for the new job. Not my problem. It's actually pretty funny.
                      If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
                      Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

That's a really quick result for Joe, Molly. The system would be much slower that that here - you'd be waiting for months from now. What a bloody relief it will be to have that over and done with!
                        If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
                        Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Good morning everyone.

Cross posted with you yesterday Brit, :hug:, you are doing fantastic, just getting up and putting one foot in front of the other is an achievement, enjoy your run and remember that your army is here for you.

You are right Bridget, it is nearly comical. Have you talked to your union yet? Hope all peaceful again on the home front JC.
                          Heard about that accident Mary, M50 nearly back to normal and people not used to driving in months, bad combination.

Delighted Joe getting both vaccine and operation. Things are slowly getting back to some sort of normality. Enjoyed my walk on promenade yesterday and did around a reservoir this morning. Lab/retriever was in heaven with all the swimming. We have not been there in four months. Small things but a change is as good as a rest. Waves to everyone else.

Comment

Originally posted by byebyebridgetjones View Post
                            That's a really quick result for Joe, Molly. The system would be much slower that that here - you'd be waiting for months from now. What a bloody relief it will be to have that over and done with!
                            Well sadly it's private health care...but I wouldn't be without it! His insurance costs 75 euros a month and I reckon our bills would be 20k if we'd had to pay privately..our public health can be slow but it has a very bad name and I don't think it's that bad..when Joe broke his foot ..it was shattered...a few years back they were fantastic and not too much waiting around...this time I wasn't taking chances tho!!
                            Staff meeting this morning ...d'ya know Bridge ..I think our organisation is as shambolic as yours...lovely to be my age and I can sit back and laugh...shower of muppets

Comment

Max started almost swimming yesterday Rusters..he had been petrified by the waves up to this ..but I got in paddling with him and he loved it...right up to his chest..guessing he'll be swimming properly soon..lots of dogs in so I think that encouraged him

Comment

An elderly lady walks into a pharmacy and asks the assistant for some b*m deodorant.

The pharmacist, a little bemused, explains to the elderly woman that they don’t sell bum deodorant, and never have.

Unfazed, the elderly lady assures the pharmacist that she has been buying the stuff from this store on a regular basis, and would like some more.

“I’m sorry,” says the pharmacist, “we don’t have any.”

“But I always get it here,” says the elderly lady.

“Do you have the container it comes in?”

“Yes!” said the elderly lady,

“I’ll go home and get it.”

She returns with the container and hands it to the pharmacist who looks at it and says to her,

“This is just a normal stick of underarm deodorant.”

The annoyed elderly lady snatches the container back and reads out loud from the container,

“To apply, push up bottom
                                “Outside of a dog a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read”

Comment

Working...
                                X