Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Army Garrison April 2021

Originally posted by brit View Post
    Good morning I have just been out for a run and met someone who didn't know that Mr A had died. It was awful and now I am in bits.
    Bless your heart our Whizzy.:hug: There's no time limit on grief.
    It could be worse, I could be filing.
    AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

I'm very, very lucky and grateful I have a pal who would look after Bess if we couldn't take her and my cousin will have Mikey if we need to leave him.
      We've got Buddy the Beagle for a week in August. I may need psychiatric help by the end of a week.
      Other than that I always tick the dog-friendly box. We're dog friendling in the Yorkshire Dales in October.
      AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Afternoon all. :hug: Brit, that must have been so hard. Just back from a beautiful walk, the sun is shining. Had to bring my daughter for hospital appointment this morning and the traffic is certainly back to normal. More treatment and back in four months. On the plus side she’s being monitored closely so that is something.

We used doggie sitter who looked after them in her own home. Only takes small dogs so don’t know what to do with the big fella but then again he is not mine:happy2:

Comment

Afternoon...pulling my teeth out at this zoom meeting...I can't even read my book cos I need to keep up...have to send a report tomorrow...3 more hours of this tomorrow:egad:
          Anyway ..yeah the size of the dog will be an issue but I'm giving up worrying

Anyway my big best news ...Joe's GETTING HIS VACCINE TOMORROW!!! So pleased!
          Last edited by mollyka; April 22, 2021, 10:20 AM.
          Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
          contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Hi Army folk of all stripes. So happy to hear Joe is getting his vaccination. That must have been a worry as he’s been in/out of medical facilities. Thinking of you all. Have a wonderful day, evening, or night wherever you are. Blessings x
            Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Originally posted by mollyka View Post

Anyway my big best news ...Joe's GETTING HIS VACCINE TOMORROW!!! So pleased!
              :yay:
              MrS got his first this eve - has to wait 12 WEEKS for second dose. I didn't think that extension between doses had been approved ? Did you Molls ?

Comment

Delighted you're getting your jabs.

I got 1st dosage vaccine on 4th March and my second is 26th May.
                Had no problems with the first apart from the area was a tad sore and needed a bit of nap. Second not a bother.
                The in-laws are done and dusted with both vaccinations and they've been grand. Slightly tired but they're both in their 90s...........think I'd be tired too.
                Boris cocked up so badly at the beginning he's had to get back into the good books.

[MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION].....nearly missed you there, you bring so much calm with you.

Sleep well, :heartbeat:
                AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Hows your mam doing [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION]?

Thats awful [MENTION=22839]brit[/MENTION] :hug: I suppose as Molly says, its bound to happen. You sleeping ok? Did you manage to flog off the wine yet?

Great your daughter in the system [MENTION=15758]rustop59[/MENTION]. Hows Norway daughter doing?

Its BRILLIANT to see holiday chat!! At long bloody last :radiate:
                  AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

Originally posted by IamMary View Post
                    Hows your mam doing [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION]?

Thats awful [MENTION=22839]brit[/MENTION] :hug: I suppose as Molly says, its bound to happen. You sleeping ok? Did you manage to flog off the wine yet?

Great your daughter in the system [MENTION=15758]rustop59[/MENTION]. Hows Norway daughter doing?

Its BRILLIANT to see holiday chat!! At long bloody last :radiate:

Thank you for asking, Mary. She is about the same. No change. I’m trying to get in to see her again!
                    Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Originally posted by satz123 View Post
                      :yay:
                      MrS got his first this eve - has to wait 12 WEEKS for second dose. I didn't think that extension between doses had been approved ? Did you Molls ?
                      Actually no ...I thought they were very anxious about that big gap...sort of feel the 60's are being thrown under the bus with AstraZeneca...not worried about the clots but very poor protection against variants they think...I'd rather any of them but that..but no choice I spose ...better anything than nothing!

Comment

Sunny morning and feeling a bit more positive.
                        Re the vaccines 12 weeks seems to be the optimum time between vaccinations as it builds up a stronger immunity reaction. This is according to my medical friends.
                        I have a gardener coming this morning to give me a quote for work and my garden as I don't have clue as I never did any gardening. So much stuff that Mr A did in the house and outside that I am quite lost.
                        The wine is in the process of being sold and I will be glad to see the back of it. Although I never liked red wine, it is so tempting on these miserable days.

Comment

I never liked red wine either...have to say no matter how much I fancied a drink I'd never have touched it.

2nd half of this poxy dignity at work nonsense so I'd best go and dress my upper half
                          Was talking to my pal who's husband was killed in a car crash 2 years ago..she's doing so well now..she nearly broke in half (both mentally and physically) after the crash..she just sounded so well..and a 2nd little grandchild on the way...
                          Right ...must away!!

Comment

Morning everyone. As you say Molly, something is better than nothing. Good to hear that about your friend. Time is a healer but that does not make going through it any easier. Keep telling that to daughter in Norway. She was really down last week and wondered if she should just have packed up and come home. Not being able to travel is making everything so much harder. However she has her health, a nice place to live in and is working so it could be a lot worse.

Hubby can register on Sunday for his vaccine. No idea yet what they are going to do with us 50+ year olds or even what they are going to give us. Off now to do the dreaded grocery shop.

Comment

Morning,
                              Read the clock and to my muddled brain had it 10 to 2. I flew downstairs just about shoved Mikey's dinner down his throat and realized it was 10 am. I'm his best friend today.

[MENTION=22839]brit[/MENTION].............beautifully put and easy to follow. I doubt in my life if we ever find out the truth.
                              We'll never know the real truth for centuries.

The only thing I didn't drink was whisky. Mr JC's got quite a collection that he'll never touch.
                              AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Hello Army friends. My trip has been suspended. I’ve notified the Irish family, the British friends and my cousin in Paris. On the upside I will get a 15% bonus when I reschedule. My daughter was able to return to Germany last week to continue her University work for Masters Degree. She is two weeks behind due to her late vaccination. So, once I get rebooked, I will spread the word, if anyone is interested in a meet up? I try and always keep my travel schedule as flexible as possible. The ONLY downside is missing my dog, Maddie. My itinerary involved stops in London, Glastonbury, Cork, Paris, the Loirre Valley, then Mainz to meet with my daughter. I do hope we can still meet when I get to London, JC. Lunch and/or dinner is on me. That is non negotiable :-)

Hope you all have a beautiful day. Remember [MENTION=22839]brit[/MENTION], you’re a runner. That also helps build a strong immunity. That said, I’m going to lace up and hit the trail. Blessings x

Comment

Working...
                                X