Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Army May 2021

Morningish,
    Have we all taken our supps and medication?
    I've prolly told you before but I joined a group from 44 - Error: 44 go to one on a Wednesday night and it seems to be working. There's normally just six of us of all ages and it seems to work for me.
    We have a sneaky Maccy D's after.

Declared that we are doing nothing today. We are going to potter about but will prolly end up taking the dog for a walk in the big woods near us. Might even ring my brother and see if he wants to bring his two dogs down.

Mr JC's been advised to use OTEX. Would you believe our doctor doesn't do un-waxing ears so we've ended going private again.
    It could be worse, I could be filing.
    AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Originally posted by JackieClaire View Post
      Morningish,
      Have we all taken our supps and medication?
      I've prolly told you before but I joined a group from 44 - Error: 44 go to one on a Wednesday night and it seems to be working. There's normally just six of us of all ages and it seems to work for me.
      We have a sneaky Maccy D's after.

Declared that we are doing nothing today. We are going to potter about but will prolly end up taking the dog for a walk in the big woods near us. Might even ring my brother and see if he wants to bring his two dogs down.

Mr JC's been advised to use OTEX. Would you believe our doctor doesn't do un-waxing ears so we've ended going private again.
      [MENTION=7008]JackieClaire[/MENTION] the link ain't working.

I thought I told yiz that same thing happened to MrS - went to specsavers for ear test & it was just wax - FFS !
      How do men not know it's not normal to have that 'underwater' - hearing your own voice in your head sensation ???
      Docs hate doing it and usually make the nurse do it.
      But the drops will go a good way to helping making the job easier - or not even needed :thumbsup:

Comment

Originally posted by fickle View Post
        Hey Bridge,
        I also am experiencing a workplace like a washing machine stuck on spin cycle so know how you feel.
        Also with the Arthuritis. I hear ye
        Ficks:hug:
        @fickle [MENTION=9170]byebyebridgetjones[/MENTION] - I always thought that heat was good for the Arthuritis ? Yiz are always boiling down there ?
        Maybe humidity counteracts that ....... just wondering .........
        Last edited by satz123; May 13, 2021, 07:20 AM.

Comment

Afternoon everyone. Feel for those of you dealing with challenging work situations. Would not like to be doing my job full time but two days are fine. Beautiful morning here and had a lovely walk. Long queues yesterday at the vaccination center but have it done now. Arm is a bit sore today but other than that all good.

Need to go now and clean the house, my SIL is coming for a few days. The place is floating in dog hair.

Comment

[MENTION=9094]satz123[/MENTION].....muchos apologies, Satsuma. Hope this one works. There's a real mix of people with mental/home/behavioral problems. Its helping with my anxiety that I've carried around for years (which was a huge reason I drank) and I'm meeting people who feel the same. And we have good laugh as well.

PeerTalk : Facing Depression Together
            It could be worse, I could be filing.
            AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Just wanted to pop in and thank those of you who recommended Line of Duty. I've been binging as only an addict can :haha:!

Comment

Evening!...what a peach of a day..went straight out the garden after work and only stopped 10 mins ago...exhausted but happy !

No news here so will say goodnight for now xx
                Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
                contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Originally posted by JackieClaire View Post
                  @satz123.....muchos apologies, Satsuma. Hope this one works. There's a real mix of people with mental/home/behavioral problems. Its helping with my anxiety that I've carried around for years (which was a huge reason I drank) and I'm meeting people who feel the same. And we have good laugh as well.

PeerTalk : Facing Depression Together
                  Looks to be great idea. As they say sometimes we just need to know we are being listened to ... :hug:

Comment

Exactly Satz. How cold it gets depends on where you are Satzy. And the humidity where I am is some of the highest in the world, I can tell you it really doesn't help arthritis at all!
                    OK, off to the office for another day of rubbish.
                    Have a great one peeps!
                    If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
                    Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Sorry to hear that [MENTION=4040]fickle[/MENTION] & [MENTION=9170]byebyebridgetjones[/MENTION]
                      How bad is bad? Is there anything that can be done?

Well done on the vax Rustop!

We've got a skip at last, YAY!!
                      AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

Good morning. Have had a sad few days and took to my bed yesterday, but determined to try and move my mood this morning.

Drinking thoughts to try and blockout the pain, lonely feelings and sadness keep coming .

Going out for 7 am to have a walk and to think about how grateful I am to have a supportive, kind family, great friends and although I cannot replace Mr A I have much to be thankful for.

Comment

[MENTION=22839]brit[/MENTION] :hug: MsA I can only imagine what it is like to lose a lifelong partner. Must be like losing a huge chunk of yourself.
                          BUT ..... here is what I believe.
                          MrA is not lost ..... the essence of who he was is still there .- his soul (or whatever one likes to call it ) ... so try not to be sad. We are more than just a bag of bones. We don't just disappear.
                          You cannot see him physically but talk away to him anyway. BE that mad owl wan chatting away.

Don't try to forget him - get over him - be strong ....... or any of that shite.

Comment

Now I'm up and off to the coalface :llama:

Comment

Originally posted by satz123 View Post
                              Now I'm up and off to the coalface :llama:
                              Good luck at the coalface. Keep thinking it is Saturday for some reason. I echo what Satz just said Brit, it really must be like loosing part of you.

Taking some of my crochet group on a nice walk this morning so going a little later. Nice being able to relax and not rush out.

Comment

Originally posted by satz123 View Post
                                [MENTION=22839]brit[/MENTION] :hug: MsA I can only imagine what it is like to lose a lifelong partner. Must be like losing a huge chunk of yourself.
                                BUT ..... here is what I believe.
                                MrA is not lost ..... the essence of who he was is still there .- his soul (or whatever one likes to call it ) ... so try not to be sad. We are more than just a bag of bones. We don't just disappear.
                                You cannot see him physically but talk away to him anyway. BE that mad owl wan chatting away.

Don't try to forget him - get over him - be strong ....... or any of that shite.
                                What brilliant advice thank you. I do miss him so much as we were together 56 years and married nearly 53 but I have lots of good memories . He never ever believed I was an alcoholic and was always encouraging me to just have one glass of wine as he could do that and put the stopper back on the bottle!

Rusters, hopefully we will be able to get over to Norway soon and see our daughters.

Comment

Working...
                                X