Army May 2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Army May 2021

Hope you okay Jacks? You seem very out of sorts? Get yourself a nights sleep anyhows and we'll work on you from there:heartbeat:
    Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
    contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Three days down - tomorrow to go.
      I'm too old for this shite.
      I'm tired. Reception desk being sort of the hub of the nursing home - I get answer the same questions over & over for 8 hours - it's so draining. And I've nowhere to run to ......

I'm telling my boss tomorrow - no more weeks like this - I'm part-time FFS !

@tabbers - I agree with every word of that.

As for getting a tattoo :egad: he sounds quite the evangelist. It's fine for him to say that - it's the field he works in - he spends his day talking about it and it serves him to be so open. Funny enough though.. the further I get away from it - the more sober time I get .... I find I really don't care anymore who knows because I've achieved something huge in getting sober. I still like to keep nosy people guessing though.

Mine & Rusters weight loss guru is/was addicted to alcohol - been sober years - he's brilliant. Dragged himself from the gutter in Dublin & is now a wonderful motivational speaker.
      Being a graduate of AA he too is very open about his addiction.
      I love listening to him. Talks so much sense.

Comment

Great post [MENTION=21798]Tabbers (a.k.a. KTAB)[/MENTION], lots to ponder. And maybe we dont need a label at all, as rustop says, noone really cares. Or heres a new one Ive just made up, we can be BOWA's (better off without alcohol :happy2

Good for you [MENTION=22839]brit[/MENTION]! something to look forward to. When do you think you'll be allowed to travel?

Cracking day here, wasnt expecting that either Molly!
        AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

Originally posted by satz123 View Post
          Three days down - tomorrow to go.
          I'm too old for this shite.
          I'm tired. Reception desk being sort of the hub of the nursing home - I get answer the same questions over & over for 8 hours - it's so draining. And I've nowhere to run to ......

I'm telling my boss tomorrow - no more weeks like this - I'm part-time FFS !

@tabbers - I agree with every word of that.

As for getting a tattoo :egad: he sounds quite the evangelist. It's fine for him to say that - it's the field he works in - he spends his day talking about it and it serves him to be so open. Funny enough though.. the further I get away from it - the more sober time I get .... I find I really don't care anymore who knows because I've achieved something huge in getting sober. I still like to keep nosy people guessing though.

Mine & Rusters weight loss guru is/was addicted to alcohol - been sober years - he's brilliant. Dragged himself from the gutter in Dublin & is now a wonderful motivational speaker.
          Being a graduate of AA he too is very open about his addiction.
          I love listening to him. Talks so much sense.
          Maybe it is the distance from that addict life that makes the difference..I dunno..but I get what you say about loving listening to your guru...when I was in treatment they had a long term person come in and do a talk every Saturday and they were so inspiring it was them I aimed to be like ...not the so called normal drinker ....and of course I'll say it again...we ALL have a right to our lives being private if that's what we choose...100%...all I'm saying is that I don't feel that need..not telling anyone else they should..was feeling a bit 'cornered' there

Comment

Amazing how all the non-alcoholics have all of the answers for us. 'Just have one' 'Just control yourself' Believe me, I had to exert a load of control just to get out of bed for years.
            Hope those who are out of sorts get back in the sorts.
            I hate my new job. It's shite. My garden, however, is looking better and better every weekend. Yay! Application to work part time has been accepted starting from July 1 . Yay! Finding the positives. Yay!
            If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
            Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Morning and waves to the world,
              [MENTION=8529]mollyka[/MENTION]............I am okay its hard to put into words but I still have a lurking anxiety..not all the time. Its driving me nuts trying to work out what's making me so anxious. The Peer group is helping.

I don't go back to the library until the middle of October. I hope they mean 2021 not next year.

Oh good news..........the woman who rents to Jenny and Ads wants to sell it to them. Its an eyewatering £175,000 for a one-bedroom bungalow but it is near York. You could add on another 50K and it would be snapped up.
              It could be worse, I could be filing.
              AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

That'd be great value over here..they should grab it! Anxiety is horrible isn't it..it's nearly harder to cope with than depression...at least with depression you know what's wrong but anxiety is insidious... good you have the group..I think you need face to face when in troubles...I do anyway! Take care!
                My anxiety is all financial at the moment..bills come in torrents in May and looming retirement feels terrifying if I'm skint and still earning!
                How part-time Bridge? 3-4 day week? Get the best deal for you..job sounds scabby..like you tho my gardening is a godsend and doesn't have to cost a fortune..loving doing cuttings and grafting plants..haven't done any of that for yonks and it's a real sense of achievement (getting something for nothing :thumbsup

Comment

Originally posted by mollyka View Post
                  ..but also sobriety has made me a person I like much better so no i don't feel any stigma at all..
                  I guess I needed to be humbled, Molly, and addiction certainly did that. I also like the me who crawled out the other side much more than the me who was pretty much primed to become addicted to something.

I'm glad for you that you don't feel stigmatized by the experience. I'm afraid that where I am, there remains a lot of judgement, pity, and even disgust.

Early on in my AF life, FallenAngel told me she was glad to have been addicted because it made her the person she had become, a person she liked. That sounded absolutely CRAZY to me when she said it but over time, I came to understand it. And I am grateful to have been changed, but just wish if it could have been a less painful process!

Comment

Originally posted by NoSugar View Post
                    And I am grateful to have been changed, but just wish if it could have been a less painful process!
                    That’s for sure NoSugar. Evening everyone, just in from work so having a quick look back before I grab something to eat. Sorry about the job Bridget, yourself and Molly are blessed to have your gardens. Hope you have recovered from work Satz, how is young Satz? Hopefully the nicer weather will cheer you up JC.

My SIL is staying and is helping out in the garden and was reorganising the garage today for himself. I’m delighted. Nice to have a bit of help.

Comment

Originally posted by mollyka View Post
                      That'd be great value over here..they should grab it! Anxiety is horrible isn't it..it's nearly harder to cope with than depression...at least with depression you know what's wrong but anxiety is insidious... good you have the group..I think you need face to face when in troubles...I do anyway! Take care!
                      My anxiety is all financial at the moment..bills come in torrents in May and looming retirement feels terrifying if I'm skint and still earning!
                      How part-time Bridge? 3-4 day week? Get the best deal for you..job sounds scabby..like you tho my gardening is a godsend and doesn't have to cost a fortune..loving doing cuttings and grafting plants..haven't done any of that for yonks and it's a real sense of achievement (getting something for nothing :thumbsup
                      Don't worry about money Molls - once you have bricks & mortar you'll never be poor :hug: and you'll get the huge State Pension of €248 a week - I suppose not to be sniffed at ?
                      And with your garden producing - you won't starve

Comment

Originally posted by rustop59 View Post
                        Hope you have recovered from work Satz, how is young Satz? .
                        I am unwinding now Rusters to go back on Friday - but I will not do it again. A 4 day weekend is just too much.
                        Young Satz hasn't been seen in 3 weeks. Plenty of promises of calling out etc - but didn't appear.
                        If I'm honest I'm tired of it & have accepted that if he doesn't want to get sober - then I'll just accept that.
                        He has so much help - Life ring Meetings - a therapist - offer of in-house treatment again - so feck it. Enough is enough.

Comment

[MENTION=9094]satz123[/MENTION].........a four day weekend shove another day in and you'll be full time.

I took Mikey on a walk today and he got spooked by a magpie and just stopped and wouldn't go any further so we came home.

We'll be talking to Jenny and Ads soon. Its exam time so their up to their ears.
                          It may be a tiny bungalow but its got a huge garden that would make Molly jealous so given time (and funds)they'll be able to expand.

Always a pleasure to see you,Sugarbabe.
                          AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Originally posted by JackieClaire View Post
                            @satz123.........a four day weekend shove another day in and you'll be full time.

I took Mikey on a walk today and he got spooked by a magpie and just stopped and wouldn't go any further so we came home.

We'll be talking to Jenny and Ads soon. Its exam time so their up to their ears.
                            It may be a tiny bungalow but its got a huge garden that would make Molly jealous so given time (and funds)they'll be able to expand.

Always a pleasure to see you,Sugarbabe.
                            MAgpies are little feckers !

Comment

Good morning Army and the sun is shining.

Comment

Morning and waves to the world.
                                Originally posted by satz123 View Post
                                MAgpies are little feckers !
                                Don't I know it. We're all magpies in this house. Its the emblem for our footie team.
                                If you see a solitary magpie................you're supposed to salute and say 'good morning sergeant'. Its supposed to bring luck' Please don't ask why its ingrained from birth.

I have finally started the tapestry of a British Bulldog I'm going to have made into a cushion for my brother's 60 birthday in October.

[MENTION=22839]brit[/MENTION]............its sunny here too but still a tad chilly.
                                AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Working...
                                X