Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Army May 2021

Hi Army. Great to see you back Ficks!
    “Outside of a dog a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read”

Comment

Originally posted by fickle View Post
      What a boring vortex it is.
      Love that [MENTION=4040]fickle[/MENTION] .........
      take your time ... I've no doubt you'll get there again :hug:

Comment

My news is I've decided to get a CT scan to rule out any possibility that I'll just drop dead in the street ..... I'd be morto :egad:
        They'll check for blocked arteries, calcification etc. It can detect the presence of calcium at a very early stage even before any significant blockage has developed.
        It's happening all 'round me - dropping like flies :haha: I heard Ray D'Arcy went for one & ended up with stints - he's in his 50's - cycles everywhere and runs bloody marathons....

It's scheduled for Thursday @ 1pm.

It'll cost me 450 - but I'm worth it. .............. my car is serviced yearly.
        My Health Insurance will maybe pay for some of it ..... we'll see .... but I won't allow money or lack of it to be a factor. :thumbsup:

Comment

Good for you [MENTION=9094]satz123[/MENTION], peace of mind.

Hope to see you back tomorrow [MENTION=4040]fickle[/MENTION]. You made it back here, that's a big step.

Watching Mare of Easttown. Kate Winslet is superb.
          AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

Thinking of you satz123 years old (thinking ahead). We have a program here called Lifeline Screening. Mostly geared toward 50+ crowd. They set up shop randomly in different areas. They drawn blood, urine, BP, and other common medical testing. It’s roughly $100 out/of-pocket. I always thought it was bullshit. Just a way of ripping folks off. However, a friend of mine went there six months ago and they determined that she had a 85% blockage in a major artery. She was hospitalized and is doing fine today. Of course, I am now registered for the next opening when it’s available here next month. You are doing the right thing!
            Last edited by techie; May 5, 2021, 12:01 AM.
            “Outside of a dog a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read”

Comment

How are you holding up there [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] ?
              If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
              Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

That's a great idea Benjy...should be doing that myself...

Morning all!
                Late shift today so wondering what I'll do this morn....should I be productive..........or not?:happy2:
                How's MrsA? Techie? Fickle? Thinking of you all xxx
                Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
                contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Originally posted by mollyka View Post

Morning all!
                  Late shift today so wondering what I'll do this morn....should I be productive..........or not?:happy2:
                  Morning Molly and all to come. Thinking of you all too. I have a busy morning, have already walked the dogs and now I need to drop his boat engine off for service. The place is in Dalkey. Lovely spot so I might stop for a coffee. Then I have to bring daughters car back for something they did not have last week. I will wait. Lovely waiting area and they give you Bewleys coffee. Brought my crochet with me last week and had a most enjoyable hour. Didn’t tell them that at home though, played the Irish Mammy, waiting for hours I was!

Comment

Originally posted by rustop59 View Post
                    Morning Molly and all to come. Thinking of you all too. I have a busy morning, have already walked the dogs and now I need to drop his boat engine off for service. The place is in Dalkey. Lovely spot so I might stop for a coffee. Then I have to bring daughters car back for something they did not have last week. I will wait. Lovely waiting area and they give you Bewleys coffee. Brought my crochet with me last week and had a most enjoyable hour. Didn’t tell them that at home though, played the Irish Mammy, waiting for hours I was!
                    OMG Rusters ...we can never break our creed...Irish Mammies are the hardest working and most put upon people IN THE WORLD!!:welldone: it'd be a brave sprog or partner who would challenge THAT!!!!
                    Enjoy (on the quiet ;-) )

Comment

Evening all, on reviewing what has happened since I was last here in November, I had a whole lot of dramas happening, piling up on top of each other. I am not surprised I struggled so much now I have taken time to think on it. I had a few weeks AF here and there throughout but couldn’t make it stick.
                      I am indeed awaiting my moment. Its like trying to get of a merry-go-round. If I try to get off while it’s going too fast, I just hurt myself. If I wait for it to slow down, getting off is a lot easier. Hopefully not so much drama for a little while now. Am having quiet evenings, early nights and no excitement
                      V excited about your posts on CBD oil and have just done a bit of research on it. They say they are going to start selling it in Aus but not saying when yet, just ‘soon’ from an article in Feb 2021.

Comment

Morning (just). Had to ring doctor about a repeat prescription. It takes what feels like weeks.

[MENTION=4040]fickle[/MENTION]..........so happy you're giving this another go. What's done and can't be un-done. Put it in the bin. A day at a time has never been truer.
                        After moaning and growning about Mr. JC working from home I'm going to be rather lost when he's back to the office full time.
                        It could be worse, I could be filing.
                        AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Originally posted by byebyebridgetjones View Post
                          How are you holding up there [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] ?
                          I’m doing ok, Bridge. I am missing her already but she had no quality of life. I know it’s cliche, but she is in a better place. Thank you xoxo

Comment

Originally posted by mollyka View Post

Morning all!
                            Thank you Molly xoxo

Comment

Evening oh quiet folks!! just in from work -- cold - tired and grumpy --- but jesUS am I grateful to be me --- a pal and a colleague of mine at work -- she's a great pal actually -- she has a little boy with autism and ADHD -- and bless him - he's having a terrible time - as are the whole family obviously -- I listened to her talking this evening - and i really truly intend to count my blessings from now on -- shocking way to live - and there are about three groups of professionals s'posed to be helping them -- but each organisation is passing it off to the other... bit of the 'it's a plumbers job' scenario (as spoken by my two electrician sons.. you get my drift) -- my heart goes out to them really - and no reason to believe anything will get much better in the near future...

Techie -- I missed my mum something shocking -- in fact I still do - and she's dead since 2008 -- I talk to her nearly every day.. and when Joe was so ill I cried to her every day -- but like your mum - mine had no quality of life at the end - her heart was so weak that she couldn't even get out of bed -- I nearly felt guilty mourning her because she was better off where she was.... take care of yourself xxx

Comment

[MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] and [MENTION=8529]mollyka[/MENTION]........bless your hearts.
                                I'll say goodnight now.
                                It could be worse, I could be filing.
                                AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Working...
                                X