Army July 2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Army July 2021

Ahh Molls, my lovely friend ...............you & Joe are in the wars my heart goes out to you both and your family. :hug:

Yep we're fully vaccinated and there are rumours that the over 60s will be getting a booster jab in October/November for years to come like the flu jab I suppose its a trip out.

I'll say good night now but Molls remember I'm only a text/whatsapp away.
    It could be worse, I could be filing.
    AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Morning and waves to the world.

Nothing happening here apart from the big shop and himself going next door to watch England to watch us play Ukraine..........betcha all jealous you don't have the Euros

Last edited by JackieClaire; July 3, 2021, 05:07 AM.
      AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Do help yourself to a tea or coffee.........they're free

AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Thanks JC, waves to everyone else.

Weather not hectic today , walked the doggies and now off to have a nose at some houses that are for sale. Ignoring the Euros, not my thing but people are craving distraction.

Comment

Happy day, Army. Dear Molly, when a loved one is in pain it causes lots of stress. I know this from experience. Sharing here is one way for you to unload some of yours. You have always been an open book and I’ve appreciated that. You have shared your wisdom and helped many here throughout the years. While I do not to bloviate on this thread much at all, I do read all the posts and value yours very much. If we’re not here for each other, I’d rather be doing something else. So, we loving encouragement, please don’t hold back. You are one of the shining lights here. Sending continual healing light and prayer to you and Joe XOXO
            “Outside of a dog a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read”

Comment

Thanks techie and Jackie for your lovely kind words..it meant a lot when I logged in this evening - lovely xxx
              And no Jacks...very happy not to be in the euros :welldone: pretty boys with plucked eyebrows rolling round in agony cos they messed up their hair!!! Have a wee look at Gaelic football....that's a real game!....only teasing (sort of).... The lad who worked for Joe spent every brass farthing he earned sthreeling round the world following teams bless him!!
              I will watch the Lions tho!
              Did you look at the cottage out West Rusters? Found my dream home ..would need a spare half million thoosteroops:
              Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
              contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

[MENTION=8529]mollyka[/MENTION].............I much prefer rugby especially when it muddy and of course we had Jonny Wilkinson lived just up the road. Lived next door to one of the S&H's pals in what is called around here ...............very posh. We're just in the pleb area.
                Used to see him in Tesco now and again. We've got that many channels on this TV we've got that I have trouble just turning it on..........I'm sure a space shuttle has fewer buttons.......... I'm bound to find Gaelic football somewhere after fiddle faddling about.

We won 4-0............so I'll watch the highlights.

[MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION]............Absolutely lovely post for our Molly...........she's very special to us.
                AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Quick hello from the west of ireland. Between getting stuff done in work before I took leave and getting everything organised for here, moaning teens not wanting to go and keeping MrM calm, I need a retreat, by myself! I'll take you [MENTION=9094]satz123[/MENTION], you have all.of this this on steroids. And you too Molls, sorry to hear about poor Joe... let's all go actually!
                  Beautiful spot here, by the sea. There will be no moaning after a good sleep.
                  Night all..
                  AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

[MENTION=22411]IamMary[/MENTION] & BREATHE !
                    You'll wake up today full of the joys and hopefully all the aggro will have passed.
                    Thanks for the retreat invite - I'll be there ......

Episode 103 of 'Weddingate' :
                    They went to, no less than, Louis Copeland for suits for the Groom, Father of the Bride & Brother of the Bride.
                    Groom was paying.
                    Father of the Bride spent the whole time moaning about the price
                    Of course Brother of the Bride was unable to turn up. Which they should have known , given he's been on the sauce for weeks and will take days to come down from it.
                    It's a distinct possibility that he will not be welcome to his only sister's wedding ........ FFS!

Off to the more sane environment of the workhouse. :horse:

HAPPY 4th of July to our American friends :hyper:

Comment

Originally posted by IamMary View Post
                      Quick hello from the west of ireland. Between getting stuff done in work before I took leave and getting everything organised for here, moaning teens not wanting to go and keeping MrM calm, I need a retreat, by myself! I'll take you [MENTION=9094]satz123[/MENTION], you have all.of this this on steroids. And you too Molls, sorry to hear about poor Joe... let's all go actually!
                      Beautiful spot here, by the sea. There will be no moaning after a good sleep.
                      Night all..
                      ah Mary!! I remember long long ago - we were as poor as church mice - and an old aunt I didn't like died and left me a few bob -- and in true grown up fashion I booked a family holiday to Florida (despite having a car that you could see through to the road through the floor) - two eldest were 13 and 15 -- they actually whinged like good things for the first 24 hours -- I couldn't believe it - I was so bloody cross with them -- but -- yeah -- they woke up after a good nights sleep and we had the holiday of a lifetime -- so relax -- they'll be fine I'm sure!

Originally posted by satz123 View Post
                      You'll wake up today full of the joys and hopefully all the aggro will have passed.

They went to, no less than, Louis Copeland for suits for the Groom, Father of the Bride & Brother of the Bride.
                      Groom was paying.
                      Of course Brother of the Bride was unable to turn up. Which they should have known , given he's been on the sauce for weeks and will take days to come down from it.
                      It's a distinct possibility that he will not be welcome to his only sister's wedding ........ FFS!

This Louis Copeland suit business seems to be the 'new thing' -- ffs -- god be with the days they rented suits for a tenner and returned before lunchtime the next day in case they'd charge you for TWO days!
                      oh YS -- I'm putting my alkie hat on here -- in my last drinking days - when lines were blurred - as in -- I didn't know how much I could or should drink to stay in control - a family wedding would have had to have been my worst nightmare -- I'd nearly have gone on a bender so I wouldn't have to go -- the thought of hiding the amount I wanted -- everyone watching everything --- total nightmare -- it's nothing personal -- it's not against his sister - or you and MrS -- it's the disease -- just try and get through it as best you can yourself -- as you say - it's not YOUR wedding -- just turn up looking as beautiful as possible - and get it over and done with... at least you've only two kids -- I could potentially face four poxy weddings!!! (don't think so tho -- only one seems inclined thankfully!!!)

Comment

Morning (just) and waves to the universe.

Is it worth me googling Louis Copeland?

[MENTION=9094]satz123[/MENTION]..........it breaks my heart that another soul is still tangled in the web of alcoholism that nothing will come between alcohol and nothing else matters. Doctors get very little training in alcoholism/addiction so they haven't a clue. I really have nothing to add to Moll's wise words.

With the S&H's wedding, I just did as I was told. It'll be the same next year when Jenny gets married next year. We've gave a few pounds (actually it was more of a chunk) to the S&H and have told Jenny she'll get the same.
                        AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Originally posted by JackieClaire View Post
                          Morning (just) and waves to the universe.

Is it worth me googling Louis Copeland?

[MENTION=9094]satz123[/MENTION]..........it breaks my heart that another soul is still tangled in the web of alcoholism that nothing will come between alcohol and nothing else matters. Doctors get very little training in alcoholism/addiction so they haven't a clue. I really have nothing to add to Moll's wise words.

With the S&H's wedding, I just did as I was told. It'll be the same next year when Jenny gets married next year. We've gave a few pounds (actually it was more of a chunk) to the S&H and have told Jenny she'll get the same.
                          nah -- don't bother -- Louis Copeland makes (albeit very nice ones) suits that cost a fortune - and if you wanna be posh it has to be Louis Copeland... the crazy wedding that my colleague's daughter had (think I've regaled ye here with the nonsense of that) - a castle taken over for 3 days and ALL the men were 'frocked' out in Louis Copeland -- father of the bride was DISGUSTED (the groom's dad insisted on paying - and picking the suit and accessories) that a navy suit with brown shoes was the outfit and refused to wear it - at the last minute he had to buy a different suit for the immediate wedding party so the FOB would be happy... so they all got TWO suits --- latherin heart!!!

Oh yes I agree about the lack of training for doctors -- they are usually the first person who medically deals with the addict -- and to trot out 'off you go to AA and here's some Antabuse' really doesn't cut it...

Your handling of the weddings would be exactly what I would do -- I still pray they never do!!!
                          Last edited by mollyka; July 4, 2021, 09:30 AM.

Comment

Afternoon everyone.

Sorry to hear about Joe, it must seem never ending, you two deserve a break. To answer the question about the cottage, was all set to go view on Friday but then the auctioneer rang to say that they had decided to sell to a family member and had taken it off the market. Had a nice few days with SIL and spent a very enjoyable few hours yesterday going down every Boreen we could find having a nose at anything that had a for sale sign on it. There is no rush, we are limited because he wants something on the actual water so we will just keep looking.

I don’t envy you the wedding frenzy Satz, some good advice given above. Thankful that now both romances in this house are off there will be no wedding in our immediate future.

Enjoy the west Mary, even though not very sunny where I was the temperature was pleasant enough to be able to eat out.

Comment

Originally posted by satz123 View Post

Groom was paying.

Oh yes, Louis Copeland & Sons. Someone knows quality. I purchased suits & shirts there while on a business trip in the early 2000’s

Shirt & slacks in this pic from LC&S Dublin. Mrs Techie in Brooks Brother’s

5C1A65BD-E9AD-46B9-BE4C-5A757A6F33A3.jpg
                              Last edited by techie; July 4, 2021, 12:59 PM.
                              “Outside of a dog a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read”

Comment

@ techie............this popped straight into my mind.
                                ZZ Top - Sharp Dressed Man (Official Music Video) - YouTube
                                AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Working...
                                X