Army July 2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Army July 2021

[MENTION=22839]brit[/MENTION]...........you're my cataract twin. Having had one done I was surprised how quick it was done. I've got my clothes all ready to go tomorrow as we'll have to leave at dawn to get parked. There are very few using public transport so parking is a nightmare.

[MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION]..........couldn't agree more. To be honest I would have thought that it was higher.

I'd better get to bed...............I'll not get to sleep until 10 minutes before the alarm goes off but I can catch up on the zzzzzzzzzzzz
    It could be worse, I could be filing.
    AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Good luck tomorrow [MENTION=7008]JackieClaire[/MENTION] and you too [MENTION=22839]brit[/MENTION] on Friday!! Great to have the job done.
      We had a guided tour on the burren which was fascinating. Dinner, game of cards and bed.
      Your DDs wedding sounds just lovely Satz.
      Congratulations JC on 12 years, that's seriously amazing :balloons:

Part-time is the best work life balance going Bridge.. well I think it is. You'll even enjoy the job now! Delighted for you.
      Last edited by IamMary; July 6, 2021, 05:32 PM.
      AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

Huge congratulations going out to

@JackieClaire!
        Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
        Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
        Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Congratulations Jackie! Wowza and double wowza. :rara::flip: Singapore noodles for the lady? Good luck with the Op. You too Brit.

Ruster's, i wonder if that French woman is one in the same who ran a little pub/bar in Roundstone on the west coast that my band played and stayed at in the late 90's?

Even during our covid lockdowns here, we can still at least get out for a walk or run in a park or summit. Cool thing you've still got your gardening Jonesy. There's been a suggestion from marketing here to have Kylie fronting some ads flogging vaccinations. 'ere guv. Supply could be a problem.

I've never been married. I see i have a bit to consider.

Big waves to all.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Techie, I have no doubt that you are correct in that. Everyone I know id tired and over it.

Now to the poster girl for sobriety, JC. Congratulations and as always, I am in awe of what you have achieved. Eveen better the amount of good will that you pass on to others wanting the same thing for themselves.
            Your reward is a new eyeball. We have a two-for-one offer running, so bring your friend Brit with you.

Mr G I have a little still of Pfizer brewing in the garden shed. I'll hit you up when it passes the taste test.
            If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
            Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Just a quickie got to leave in a few minutes.

Thank you so much for the congratulations. Hard to believe its 12 years.........its flown by. I cannot let myself forget that first day as I was in such a horrible mess. I never, never want to go back to that.

Rightio one more trip to the loo and then we're off to the horsepital. I'll bring some goodies back so we can have a proper party.

:heartbeat: to all.
              AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Brilliant news on your 12 years. Also all the encouragement you give to everyone. Enjoy your better sight!

Comment

Originally posted by JackieClaire View Post

Thank you so much for the congratulations. Hard to believe its 12 years.........its flown by. I cannot let myself forget that first day as I was in such a horrible mess. I never, never want to go back to that.

Rightio one more trip to the loo and then we're off to the horsepital. I'll bring some goodies back so we can have a proper party.

Good luck then! Bring us some of those little packets of biscuits and orange juice in tiny tetra packs.
                  If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
                  Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Originally posted by JackieClaire View Post

Huge congratulations JC :welldone: and thanks for sticking around and being there for all the rest of us. Good luck with the surgery both of you and see you on the other side.

No [MENTION=7261]Guitarista[/MENTION], this lady was married to some film director in France and they were very well off. She only came on holiday to west Cork, never lived there full time.

Clare sounds lovely Mary, glad you are enjoying yourself. Hope Molly enjoyed her night away. Very overcast today but I am sure I will find something to do outside.

Comment

Honeys, I'm home.

[MENTION=9170]byebyebridgetjones[/MENTION]..........only had time to throw this together before we left.

Anyhoo all done and dusted got a see-through plastic thingy taped across right eye. No pain at all. Although it does feel like I've got a bit of grit in my eye.
                      The op is about 15 mins.........the faffing about ie: checking you're who you are, what meds I take etc took a while. But all in all two and a bit hours including travel.
                      AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

To one of the sweetest people on this forum, I say CONGRATULATIONS on twelve years of sobriety. What’s even better is now she will be able to SEE clearly through the next twelve and beyond. God bless you JC. I am grateful and blessed to be able to call you friend. xoxo
                        “Outside of a dog a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read”

Comment

[MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION]...........you are a true gentleman. Thank you for your congrats it means a lot to me.
                          You know, I think MWO was my last saloon.
                          [MENTION=22839]brit[/MENTION]............good luck for tomorrow.
                          Last edited by JackieClaire; July 7, 2021, 03:27 PM.
                          AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

[MENTION=7008]JackieClaire[/MENTION]
                            Jacks from me to you - one of my favourite songs ....... I Can See Clearly Now - YouTube

Comment

AND huge congratulations on 12 years Jacks !!!!!!

:dancin:

Comment

Great stuff JC.
                                Waves to everyone.
                                Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

Working...
                                X