X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Army July 2021

Originally posted by JackieClaire View Post
    Honeys, I'm home.

@byebyebridgetjones..........only had time to throw this together before we left.

Anyhoo all done and dusted got a see-through plastic thingy taped across right eye. No pain at all. Although it does feel like I've got a bit of grit in my eye.
    The op is about 15 mins.........the faffing about ie: checking you're who you are, what meds I take etc took a while. But all in all two and a bit hours including travel.

Erm, yes that might do.
    If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
    Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Good morning everyone.

How are the patients doing this morning? Bit grey here but got walk done without any rain so happy doggies. Have to do the dreaded grocery shop this morning. I really am so fed up with trying to think of dinners. On the good news side, hubby got called for second vaccine and daughter in Norway got her first and is coming home next week. Will have to quarantine for 5 days but will have a few days to see friends, assuming negative test. A friend of hers just had a brain tumour removed so am very thankful for what I have.

Comment

Morning and waves to the world,
        [MENTION=15758]rustop59[/MENTION]........what a treat for you to see your daughter. Hope you get to do lots of lovely things.

The eyeball is fine now..........I've got drops to put in for the next 3 weeks ....I'm overtired and cranky as I have to wear an eye protector stuck over my eye with two bits of tape when I'm in bed and I've got to sleep propped up on my back and Mr. JC snoring like hog doesn't help...... the awful thinking I've got a piece of grit in your eye has gone and I only have to wear this plastic eye protector when I'm in bed. I had a bit of a shock when I looked in the bathroom mirror this morning and saw a purple mark just above my right eye. Looked a bit like a bruise....... it was actually an arrow to make sure the surgeon did the correct eye.

[MENTION=9170]byebyebridgetjones[/MENTION]....thanks for leaving so tidy.

The excitements of the day ...................Keith the plasterer is coming this afternoon and even better my cousin who lives in the USA will be in England next year for Jenny and Ads wedding.
        It could be worse, I could be filing.
        AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Congratulations on a dozen years, JC. And thanks for everything. xx

Comment

Evening folks -- sorry been a bit missing -- -- well done Jackie -- on your 12 years and your two eyes -- superduper!

With you on the whole dinner thing Rusters -- d'ya know -- I don't mind the cooking or even the cleaning up after -- it's the planning of 'menu's' -- like what'll we have mon/tues/wed/thurs etc... I really do get pissed off with it all -- and it's more work getting Joe cooking tbh -- he isn't a natural cook -- can't 'imagine' a dish at all -- so I more often end up with half a dozen phone calls to work 'what'll I do with the cabbage now --- or is that lettuce?' ffs -- it really is easier doing it myself..

Very tired tonight - had a very fraught day - Joe was at the doctor getting the results of his scan and bloods etc... the infection apparently is 'back in the Aorta' -- now NO ONE told me he had an infection in his aorta - just that he had an infection somewhere - -- not sure if Joe is reporting on with the wrong words - or if he did know that 4 months ago and forgot to tell me -- anyway -- he SAYS the doc says it's back in the aorta -- so yeah - - more poxy pills - etc. etc.. this truly seems endless!

Nothing else from me - hope yer all in good form xx
            Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
            contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

I'm sorry to hear that Molly. I just seems to have been non stop worry for you and Joe this year.

Glad it's all over and done with JC. It might have been nice for them to rub the arrow off your face, but better to be careful with these things. We've all heard the one about the wrong leg being amputated in a mix up.

You must be so happy that the daughter is coming back, Rustop. That will be a shot in the arm for you.

I've at last started holidays today. Unfortunately that coincides with our cases going in the wrong direction and I have a nasty feeling that we might not get out of lock down any time soon. So I click and collected some paint this morning and we're redecorating for the holidays!! Yay I will be grateful for fresh paint when we are finally released.
              If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
              Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Night Bridget and good morning everyone else. Looks like we could be heading the same way Bridget, numbers are going up and it is a race trying to get as many as possible vaccinated. Am relieved that I will get to see my daughter as we don’t know what is coming down the track. She’s lucky to have three weeks holiday to use.

Poor Molly :hug::hug: it really is the year from hell for both of you. Fingers crossed that they get it sorted. Delighted you are sorted JC. Hope Brit is ok too.

Nothing much planned for the weekend. Did all the painting last year. Garden keeping us ticking over, spent most of yesterday afternoon outside.

Comment

Morning and waves to the world,
                  Thanks for the kudos, Molly. Tbh I had to go and look where the aorta is. You've both been through the wars so no need to apologize for extreme grumpiness.

I'm lucky that Mr. JC shared a house with two other lads for 4 years when they were in University and they could cook. Their Sunday dinners were legendary.

The refurb re-starts again 2nd August. Mikey and I will be retiring to the back bedroom. Its got a TV and a sofa bed.
                  AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Evening all -- I'm gonna be a happy little camper now -- so there ;-) How's everyone? Re-furb Jackie - I'd love nice new things in my house and paint and shit -- but the doing of it??!! We have a man coming tomorrow called Danny - and he's going to stop us dying from carbon monoxide poisoning apparently - we have a wood burning stove that has a gammy 'bit at the back' (can't think of the name of it) - so yeah - Danny is going to fix it up which will be brill -- sort of worried for about 3 years about it but did nothing... also getting TWO bookcases from IKEA for my poor old itinerant books -- they roam round the house - floor on the landing - top of the sideboard -- finally guilted Joe into agreeing - so happy days!!

So good you're getting to see the daughter Rusters -- it's been such a strange time - has she come to terms with the romance being over? Kids of all ages really are a worry aren't they!!?? particularly when they aren't at home..
                    There's sod all news in this neck of the woods -- seems like numbers are going up a lot in Britain for Covid -- it's impossible to keep the cases out from here when it's bad over there cos we have an open border with the nordies --- Christ I'd love to set that lot afloat in the North Sea !!!
                    Watching Hampton Court garden festival on the tele... was thinking of you Bridge all the way around the world -- wonder can we grow the same plants over there and over here... name a few of your plants and we could see if we recognise them? At the moment I'm being over-run with a beautiful but utterly rampant plant - Japanese Anemone -- if it wasn't so beautiful it would 100% be deemed a weed!

Right that's it -- getting my hair cut next Thursday and heading away for a few days Monday week -- so a bit to look forward to PTL!!!

Comment

Its the restart of refurb from 2019 that came to a halt with the lockdown last year...........feels like a century.......... by the time we're finished, it'll be time to start again. Luckily its all downstairs so Mikey and I will be in the back bedroom. Its got a TV and a bed settee. Mr. JC came in with more IKEA boxes to put our downstairs stuff in and that will go in the garage never to be seen again.

I heard from Mrs A. She's had her cataract done and is fine. Only four more nights until I can stop wearing an eye protector on when I'm in bed and have to sleep half sitting up.

Ashamed to say I have no idea what my plants are called apart from snowdrops, sweetpeas, and roses.
                      AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Morning (just) and waves to the universe.

I fell asleep with the light on and woke up 20 mins ago so I've not coherent yet.

But whatever you're doing today hope you enjoy it.
                        AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Hola Army folk. Happy the eye is healing nicely, JC. [MENTION=778]molly[/MENTION]ks, you can purchase a carbon monoxide detector (alarm) on the cheap. It will just plug in any outlet where the potential risks are. We have a neighbor whose family was saved by the alarm. Have a wonderful day, evening, or night wherever you may be!
                          “Outside of a dog a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read”

Comment

Afternoon JC and all to come. Don’t envy you the workmen in the house but at least you have a bolt hole. Just back from a lovely walk with a friend I had not seen for ages. Great catch up.

Beautiful day so I think I will bbq this evening. Nice and easy.

Comment

Originally posted by techie View Post
                              Hola Army folk. Happy the eye is healing nicely, JC. [MENTION=778]molly[/MENTION]ks, you can purchase a carbon monoxide detector (alarm) on the cheap. It will just plug in any outlet where the potential risks are. We have a neighbor whose family was saved by the alarm. Have a wonderful day, evening, or night wherever you may be!
                              Oh I have one Techie...point is..the stove is banjaxed...or should I say ...WAS banjaxed...Danny came while I was at work and I came home to an absolute treat...like a beautiful new SAFE stove...nearly looking forward to autumn to light it...thought we would have to buy a new one!

Evening all..gorgeous evening here..hope the bbq went well Ruster...I find them exhausting tbh...only thing I miss drinking for!!!:egad:

Comment

[MENTION=8529]mollyka[/MENTION]...............glad to hear you're fixed.
                                [MENTION=15758]rustop59[/MENTION]........we've been on with this blessed refurb for so long (the huge gap of Covid hasn't helped) by the time we're finished we'll have to start again.
                                Nighty night. I nodded off on the about 6ish so I'll be banging around 'til 4am.
                                AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Working...
                                X