X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Army August 2021

Originally posted by satz123 View Post
    p.s. DON'T SAY 'JOURNEY.' Molls will killlllll you :!!! :egad:
    Why? Or shouldn’t I ask. Morning everyone. Never worry about it being about you Tabs, we love hearing from you. Sorry you are going through a hard time and well done on not escaping down a bottle.

Welcome Fickle and Mr G, love hearing about your part of the world too and sorry to hear about the fires Techie.

Cottage is lovely and the river runs at the bottom of the field so we have one very happy doggy!!

Comment

Afternoon here now...........just started to breathe back to normal after watching GB play USA in the wheelchair rugby.
      Got our Jenny here so I'm making the most of her. She's off to to the 90s festival this afternoon............Noughty 9s Festival Newcastle 221 | Tickets & Line Up | Skiddle
      and we're off to the Mela Festival (you can look that one up).

[MENTION=21798]Tabbers (a.k.a. KTAB)[/MENTION].......I hope you know you're loved and admired by not only the Army but also those around you for your honesty.

Sorry, can't say more as we're supposed to have left the house an hour ago.
      It could be worse, I could be filing.
      AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Hiya Army. I appreciate your concern and comments. The closest fir is now 50% contained. Big relief for moi. However, the Dixie Fire is closing in on Lake Tahoe. Tahoe is a garden of eden so prayers and focused energy for the firefighters and residents in harms way is greatly appreciated. Thank you. Blessings x
        “Outside of a dog a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read”

Comment

Sounds shocking scary Techie -- fire is the element that terrifies me - thankfully like Benjy says -- we live in a lovely cool climate.. I will never complain of it..

Tabs -- lets face it -- back in the day when there was a high volume of traffic on this site - it was for a couple of reasons - #1 we were mostly all newly/very newly/not at all, sober - so the adrenaline flew between the different paths (c'mere Benjy -- I never said BOO bout 'journey's' --- did I???) we were all taking.. but #2 well imo anyway - there was a lot more trust on the boards and we felt safe to make it 'allaboutme' -- we all did it I think - which meant we all got to know each other a lot better - became almost like real friends... but now -- nope - I have little or no trust since some time ago -- NOTHING to do with anyone currently on the site I hasten to add... but trust was broken and now -- well we'll all share a little bit - but not how we used to... I would love to be able to open up a bit more and see others doing similar.. but..... go on man ---- would love to hear more 'aboutyou'!!!!

Went down to Co Galway today to look at a house -- it is/was an absolute DREAM.... the estate agents website did nothing for it.. the gardens had to be seen to be believed -- there were little woodland paths within the garden - huge trees and shrubs and undergrowth - just heavenly -- little seats made from stone - hard to describe how gorgeous it was tbh -- the house was just perfect -- not too big and not too small -- perfect condition and ready to walk in to... HOWEVER --- for anyone who knows (us Irish folks) -- it is in Co Galway -- the prices will reflect that -- near enough Dublin prices - so the ridiculously low price they are asking is just to sucker poor suckers like me and Joe in.... don't doubt when we ring the agent tomorrow there'll be 50 if not 100k more than asking price already offered.... sad.com--- veryverysad.com!!!

Enjoy your Jenny trip Jackie -- god forgive me - but the two hours away that house is is sort of also an attraction - this is like O'Connell St with the sprogs... worn out I am!

Now how about THAT for 'allaboutme' huh---HUH?:welldone:
          Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
          contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Originally posted by mollyka View Post
            - god forgive me - but the two hours away that house is is sort of also an attraction - this is like O'Connell St with the sprogs... worn out I am!

Now how about THAT for 'allaboutme' huh---HUH?:welldone:
            :haha: I can TOTALLY understand that Molls - I don't get many in & out of here but it'd wreck my head I know this.
            After work & residents' who have reverted to a childlike me,me,me .........I just need peace & quiet.

MrS is the total opposite - loves comings & goings.
            But then he also would like to move far away - so I dunno !!

Comment

Morning and waves to the world,
              Couldn't be doing with that kind of traffic, Molls.
              Its a treat to have Jenny here for the weekend.......(we rarely see the S&H and he's only 15 minutes away)......although she buggered off to see her Newcastle friends at this festival thing while we were at the Mela. The Mela was only a five-minute walk from where her wedding venue is ...........gone are the days it was either church or the registry office.

Anyway, we walked over and had a look-see at it. Its so near town and a lot of hotels that most of the guests who don't live around here will be able to walk there. Its rather nice and has a little train that the guests use.

We're meeting halfway next Sunday for a proper Sunday dinner (7th) as its her birthday on the 8th. Her first day back at school. We'll prolly not see her til Christmas.
              Gawd its feels like 10 minutes ago she was born.
              AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Good morning everyone.

That’s lovely that you have something nice to look forward to JC and you know there is a lot to be said for not seeing them all the time. You appreciate the time you have with them and look forward to seeing them. When you have them all the time they can be a bit of a pain, well sometimes. I get on ok with the daughter I have at home. Myself and the other one would kill each other.

Mary must be busy with getting them all back to school. Funny all the phases you go through and as you said JC, they go by so fast.

Property seems to be booming at the moment but it will fall again. Maybe we are meant to wait Molly? That’s the way I’m looking at it anyways.

Back at work today. Left himself fishing and the dogs are locked up for the day. First time since Covid that there has not been someone at home. Walked them for an hour so hopefully they will snooze for the day.

Comment

Originally posted by JackieClaire View Post
                  Morning and waves to the world,

We're meeting halfway next Sunday for a proper Sunday dinner (7th) as its her birthday on the 8th. Her first day back at school. We'll prolly not see her til Christmas.
                  Eh Jacks - those dates seem a bit askew ?
                  I know the 9th Sept is a Thursday.
                  So Sunday is 5th ? no ?

Comment

Eh Jacks - those dates seem a bit askew ?
                    I know the 9th Sept is a Thursday.
                    So Sunday is 5th ? no ?
                    You're spot on. I just assumed it was the 31st of August today as its last bank holiday in England this year so worked around that.
                    I've also found out today Jenny's not getting married on the 26th of next August ............its actually the 25th. August.

If someone finds my brain please return it to me.
                    AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Evening,
                      Don't think I've ever not checked in for so long!! Lost the charger to my laptop (hate logging in from my phone) and its been a bit nuts since we went away. Family have all gone back home now and normality is kicking in.
                      Going to have a good read back and make sure everyone is hunky dory.
                      AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

Speed read.
                        Absolutely delighted about your job Bridge!!
                        Rustop, those pictures were stunning.

hope that injury is healing a bit [MENTION=22839]brit[/MENTION], I feel your pain. Was laid up for almost 2 weeks and was not happy.

Whos was it talking about Sunday dinner again, Molly or JC, I'll be dreaming about roast spuds, with loads of gravy.

Don't get me started on the anti vaxxers. One of my siblings falls into that category and it's getting difficult again (we havnt shared that all the kids are vaccinated!).

Slan go foil..
                        AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

Originally posted by IamMary View Post
                          Don't get me started on the anti vaxxers. One of my siblings falls into that category and it's getting difficult again (we havnt shared that all the kids are vaccinated!).
                          Your sibling Mers ? : you can't tell them all your kids are vaccinated ?
                          If that is the case all I can say is tell them to :cussff and keep away from you and your kids.
                          Does the science mean nothing to these people - the proof positive that the vaccine works at protecting the vulnerable in society?
                          And enable society to open up again.

A few hours in ICU watching someone struggle to breathe & then die might open their eyes...
                          I'm all for freedom of choice BUT not when it puts others at risk and means some people not working since March '20.

Comment

Morning and waves to the world

A few hours in ICU watching someone struggle to breathe & then die might open their eyes...
                            I'm all for freedom of choice BUT not when it puts others at risk and means some people not working since March '20.
                            I want to give you a round of applause for that................ couldn't agree more.

I'd rather have died of getting the vaccine than be a danger to my fellow human beings.
                            AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Originally posted by JackieClaire View Post
                              Morning and waves to the world

I want to give you a round of applause for that................ couldn't agree more.

I'd rather have died of getting the vaccine than be a danger to my fellow human beings.
                              Afternoon all. Totally agree JC. Welcome back Mary. Hope you enjoyed your time away. Will you be returning to the office?

I check in on the phone on work days but don’t get me started on trying to do any banking on it! Going to go back to Pilates next week and was trying to set the teacher up to pay direct into her account. Not allowed to on phone. Went on desktop and with all the extra security I was meant to get a push notification on my phone but it never came. Of course no one answered the phone so I gave up in frustration. Will pay her cash.

Today is my Friday work wise and heading off again in the morning to join hubby. Looking forward to it.

Comment

Originally posted by rustop59 View Post
                                Today is my Friday work wise and heading off again in the morning to join hubby. Looking forward to it.
                                Ah young love :heart:
                                :heart::heart::heart:

Comment

Working...
                                X