Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: September Army 2021

Welcome home, Satzuma. :hug:
    The only book I haven't read by Stephen King is Pet Cemetery...........did start it but I could see where it was going. IT scared the life out of me.
    Just popped in to say goodnight..........having an evening with Alexa and music from my youth..............its The Doors at the moment.
    It could be worse, I could be filing.
    AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Omg. Literally just talking about Jim Morrison half an hour ago...that's bizarre!!
      Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
      contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Good morning everyone.

Welcome back Satz. Tell us all about the holiday. Did you have the annoying SIL with you? That is great regarding the house Molly. Are there people still living in it? Am afraid that ours will have to be gutted, it’s very basic.

Off now to take the dogs out and then going to Kildare village. I bought a jacket online and it still has a security tag on it. They have a branch in the outlet so I will take it there and himself needs jeans.

Have a lovely day everyone.

Comment

Morning and waves to all

Originally posted by mollyka View Post
          Omg. Literally just talking about Jim Morrison half an hour ago...that's bizarre!!
          It is bizarre.:egad:

Tbh there was bog all on the TV......even though these days we have about 8 squillion to choose from there was nothing to watch and just got Alexa to go through some of our favourite teenage songs.
          Had his poster on the wall when I was about 15. He had to be one of the most gorgeous beings ever to walk this planet. Bawled my eyes out when he died.

Himself is away to SW. When he gets back we're off to panic buy.....I'm joking.....gawd there are some morons out there. I made a SW chicken stew with a hard dead bunch of celery, parsnips and imagination.
          AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Evening all! Just in from work so need to get some grub... busy busy today - the library in Skerries (our neighbouring town) is closed to build them an all singing all dancing one (with pox all books apparently) - so we had all the Skerries punters coming over to us -- they were gobsmacked at our lovely library -- felt good tbh!
            Originally posted by rustop59 View Post
            Good morning everyone.

Welcome back Satz. Tell us all about the holiday. Did you have the annoying SIL with you? That is great regarding the house Molly. Are there people still living in it? Am afraid that ours will have to be gutted, it’s very basic.

Off now to take the dogs out and then going to Kildare village. I bought a jacket online and it still has a security tag on it. They have a branch in the outlet so I will take it there and himself needs jeans.

Have a lovely day everyone.
            It's an old man on his own living there Rusters --- I don't think he's there much really - he's moving in with his daughter in Galway so guessing he just keeps an eye on the place... it reminds me a bit of how my mum had her house when she was getting old -- just so precise... suits us cos it's in great nick -- new oil tank - new burner - like why? He must have known he was going..

Right -- off to get some grub... anyone watching Billions? It's really a bit bizarre -- they had to break off making it at the beginning of Covid - so what we are watching now is behaviours from 18 months ago -- it already feels a bit mad... people on Zoom having the same meal in their own houses.... omg I truly hope it's over -- couldn't go back to that...

laters gaters

Comment

Originally posted by JackieClaire View Post

Himself is away to SW. When he gets back we're off to panic buy.....I'm joking.....gawd there are some morons out there. I made a SW chicken stew with a hard dead bunch of celery, parsnips and imagination.
              C'mere -- there's a lot of talk in the media about growing shortages over there? Is it all hype? and some lad was on BBC news this morning - and was saying it wasn't just a shortage of truck drivers - but butchers and all sorts.. he started to lay the blame on Brexit and he was summararily dismissed by the interviewer -- it came across as muzzling by the BBC? Just curious if it is all nonsense ?-- we all know what the media can come up with!!

Comment

[MENTION=8529]mollyka[/MENTION]..............If a shortage of watercress is a crisis then he's spot on..............we just couldn't find anywhere...............btw that doesn't half sound middle class.
                I've been trying to find a link that makes sense (I couldn't as everyone is blaming someone else )but it is down to the lack of lorry drivers and a shortage of CO2 and Brexit (actually typing that made me feel nauseous..............should I have put in my humble opinion especially as we were both remainers and I could have a good auld rant but I'd get banned). Oddly its affecting places like Nandos, Maccy Ds etc..............you know fast food places seem to hit the worst. I think your young man there was right........not sure if he was cut off (crikey you can tell I'm married to a lawyer) they may have had to get onto something more important like footie.
                We had to do Ma & Pa's shopping as well as our own (his sister normally does it online but she's on holiday at the moment) and apart from watercress had no bother.

Much to Mr JC's delight I've lost my voice..............its not entirely gone but I'm squeaking not talking...............it is not one of the covid symptoms
                AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Watching the Ryder Cup...finding the booing of the European team extremely distasteful...seriously? Can't imagine that happening anywhere in Europe towards a visiting team...think I'll turn it off...just unpleasant really..night all xxx

Comment

Had a really lovely relaxed time on holiday. We suited ourselves and refused to go 'en masse' anywhere unless it suited the 2 of us. SIL does MrS's head in too.

Yes Rusters SIL was there in all her glory. Drinks like a fish - everything is orchestrated to allow for her to have a drink - I see this because I used to do it too.
                    Her husband spends his time trying to stop her.

Example of the shite talk
                    :
                    YS and his 'problem' came up. She says to MrS ...... "have you tried praying to the Greek Gods ?" " that's what I do. I go in the water there & pray to them"
                    I kid you not.
                    She actually never stops talking. Literally as soon as there is a gap she's in there with some feckin' rubbish. Usually about herself or her darlings and their offspring. YAWN !

Best laugh was the feckin' Fiat Panda MrS ended up driving. He wouldn't pay for a decent car..... it was tiny & ancient.
                    4 of us crammed in with the boot overflowing , me with my knees in my mouth & the 2 in the back smothered in bags.
                    Didn't stop SIL yapping but I thought it was hilarious. :hahaha:

Comment

Originally posted by satz123 View Post
                      Had a really lovely relaxed time on holiday. We suited ourselves and refused to go 'en masse' anywhere unless it suited the 2 of us. SIL does MrS's head in too.

Yes Rusters SIL was there in all her glory. Drinks like a fish - everything is orchestrated to allow for her to have a drink - I see this because I used to do it too.
                      Her husband spends his time trying to stop her.

Example of the shite talk
                      :
                      YS and his 'problem' came up. She says to MrS ...... "have you tried praying to the Greek Gods ?" " that's what I do. I go in the water there & pray to them"
                      I kid you not.
                      She actually never stops talking. Literally as soon as there is a gap she's in there with some feckin' rubbish. Usually about herself or her darlings and their offspring. YAWN !

Best laugh was the feckin' Fiat Panda MrS ended up driving. He wouldn't pay for a decent car..... it was tiny & ancient.
                      4 of us crammed in with the boot overflowing , me with my knees in my mouth & the 2 in the back smothered in bags.
                      Didn't stop SIL yapping but I thought it was hilarious. :hahaha:
                      Haha I think I'd love watching all that...specially since MrS is driven mad as well...delighted you'd a good holiday...we used to go away with another couple quite a lot..but after a long time of travels they (she in particular) drove me bananas..she just knew everything...so yeah we used to just go our own way a lot more...eventually we just drifted away.

Morning all...summer continues....I want to light my fire and snuggle up!!!

Comment

Morning all, ‘‘tis a lovely one here in between the brief showers but one of those days when I just want to be out in nature. Never realised when younger what I was missing.
                        Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

Originally posted by Tabbers (a.k.a. KTAB) View Post
                          Morning all, ‘‘tis a lovely one here in between the brief showers but one of those days when I just want to be out in nature. Never realised when younger what I was missing.
                          Hi Tabs -- d'ya ever get bored not drinking? Sometimes I can still do the 'euphoric recall' thing -- have to fight that:hahaha:

Comment

Originally posted by Tabbers (a.k.a. KTAB) View Post
                            Good morning Tabs and all to come.

It is indeed a beautiful morning, looking forward to getting outside. I like all the seasons, only one I am sad to see passing is summer but just for a short while, once it becomes autumnal I love the fires etc. Think it is the daylight I miss, much harder to get up at 6 am and walk when it is dark outside.

Glad you enjoyed your holiday Satz and had a good laugh. I am married to Mr anti-social, his idea of hell would be going on holiday with other people. Enjoys being in the middle of no where.

Comment

Morning,
                              [MENTION=9094]satz123[/MENTION]..........you deserve a medal for putting up with her. Does her husband just roll his eyes, sigh and think 'here we go again'.
                              Despite the gobby mare delighted you got away.

Phone buying has been postponed until Thursday. Mr JC's taken the day off. :egad: Just as well as I have a stinker of a cold and not fit for anything apart from large cups of tea.
                              AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

I'm with MrAntisocial Rusters...get panic attacks when I'm with folks for any length:congratulatory:

Comment

Working...
                                X