Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: October Army 2021

Originally posted by satz123 View Post
    Now Molls didn't do full thing like Joe & Co. ... took 2 hours to lighthouse & then back via The Summit Pub :haha:
    Afternoon all.

It really is perfect walking/hiking weather and you feel better after it. Did about an hour and a half this morning, bit breezy but it cleared the cobwebs.

Speaking of cobwebs, I am giving the once over to rooms not really used and the amount of dust and cobwebs is unreal. When they are not being used they should stay clean IMO. No work today and it was really nice not having to get up at 6.

Comment

Originally posted by rustop59 View Post
      Speaking of cobwebs, I am giving the once over to rooms not really used and the amount of dust and cobwebs is unreal. When they are not being used they should stay clean IMO. .
      God yeah Rusters - shocking what gathers. WHERE does the dust come from in a spare room ?? Given that they say most dust is human skin shed by us :egad:
      With cobwebs we should be honoured that spiders love warm dry houses ?

And Rosie - no matter how cleaned she is - creates HUGE amounts of 'dust' & gritty stuff in the bedroom .....
      Last edited by satz123; October 26, 2021, 09:22 AM.

Comment

Hi Army. Nothing wrong with a little dust. Remember, it’s gluten free!
        “Outside of a dog a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read”

Comment

Yuck...hate dust.. don't do anything bout it tho...just hate it!!
          Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
          contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

We have a few velux windows and theres one that I cant reach (well, I can, but its a effort). At a particular time of the day, the sun shows up the cobwebs and its shocking!! Then the sun moves and I forget all about it, way up there..
            I have a robotic hoover. I do the same rooms every day or every other day and the dust is relentless - cant figure it out.

Christmas party chat has started.. The dread. Of course its never as bad on the night. The feeling of 'missing out' never goes away. Well, if you let it linger.
            Picked son up from a party last night, he said it got very messy, kids vomiting all over the place. Well at least most christmas gatherings are not that bad!!
            Last edited by IamMary; October 26, 2021, 05:52 PM.
            AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

Morning! We're just going for dinner in the LaLa café for Christmas 'do' looking forward to that..might pop into the hotel after for a couple of pints but no biggie...depending on whether I'm bored over dinner or not I might or might not go to that...haven't done a Christmas party per se. since forever PTL!!
              Work today and then off to Galway for a few days...very excited...couldn't be more looking forward to it if I was going to be travelling the world!!

No news here..our quantity surveyor for the new house has been very slow so Joe rang yesterday to see what was going on...apparently he's double vaccinated but has Covid and has been very sick...so....here we go again??? Numbers being curtailed in the library again.

Comment

Originally posted by mollyka View Post
                Morning! We're just going for dinner in the LaLa café for Christmas 'do' looking forward to that..might pop into the hotel after for a couple of pints but no biggie...depending on whether I'm bored over dinner or not I might or might not go to that...haven't done a Christmas party per se. since forever PTL!!
                Work today and then off to Galway for a few days...very excited...couldn't be more looking forward to it if I was going to be travelling the world!!

No news here..our quantity surveyor for the new house has been very slow so Joe rang yesterday to see what was going on...apparently he's double vaccinated but has Covid and has been very sick...so....here we go again??? Numbers being curtailed in the library again.
                Good morning everyone

That’s gas Molly I was told the fella who would be looking after ours had been out sick, only back yesterday, probably the same one. Covid did enter my mind. We were not going to even bother as we know it has to be gutted but now there appears to be a well so better have it checked.

I don’t bother going to the works Xmas party and just do lunches with friends so no pressure.

Not a very nice morning here but going to take himself for a walk. Think we both need it. Waves to everyone.

Comment

HAHA bet it's the same lad:welldone:

Comment

Originally posted by mollyka View Post
                    Yuck...hate dust.. don't do anything bout it tho...just hate it!!
                    :hahaha: same here

Comment

Kansas - Dust in the Wind (Official Video) - YouTube
                      “Outside of a dog a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read”

Comment

Originally posted by rustop59 View Post
                        Good morning everyone

That’s gas Molly I was told the fella who would be looking after ours had been out sick, only back yesterday, probably the same one. Covid did enter my mind. We were not going to even bother as we know it has to be gutted but now there appears to be a well so better have it checked.

I don’t bother going to the works Xmas party and just do lunches with friends so no pressure.

Not a very nice morning here but going to take himself for a walk. Think we both need it. Waves to everyone.
                        I'm not overly suspicious by nature - BUT - recently I think COVID has been a great excuse to get out of everything :haha:
                        Our Christmas 'do' has been cancelled due to fears of someone having Covid & causing an outbreak in the Nursing Home. Suits me !!

MrS losing his partner-in-crime so we are on the road for 6:30am in the morning to collect DD & new husband to bring them to the airport for their flight to Munich ..... exciting times for them. inkele:

Comment

I'm not overly suspicious by nature - BUT - recently I think COVID has been a great excuse to get out of everything :haha:
                          Our Christmas 'do' has been cancelled due to fears of someone having Covid & causing an outbreak in the Nursing Home. Suits me !!

MrS losing his partner-in-crime so we are on the road for 6:30am in the morning to collect DD & new husband to bring them to the airport for their flight to Munich ..... exciting times for them. inkele:
                          Our club has canceled all holiday parties. We wouldn’t have gone anyway. Safe travels!

5634F62F-B3B6-4AE9-B2E0-CF6A9DB8D1B2.jpeg

Comment

Originally posted by techie View Post
                            Our club has canceled all holiday parties. We wouldn’t have gone anyway. Safe travels!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]5856[/ATTACH]
                            Emmm Techie - why has Santa & Reindeer got toilet rolls ?

Comment

Emmm Techie - why has Santa & Reindeer got toilet rolls ?
                              It was one the 2020 Covid memes. I like to repurpose things. Perhaps the toilet paper shortage thing was just us yanks. Sometimes I forget, there is an international presence here. Like my “dust is gluten free” humor. I realize my dumb jokes fall flat here. Hahaha!
                              Last edited by techie; October 27, 2021, 08:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by techie View Post
                                It was one the 2020 Covid memes. I like to repurpose things. Perhaps the toilet paper shortage thing was just us yanks. Sometimes I forget, there is an international presence here. Like my “dust is gluten free” humor. I realize my dumb jokes fall flat here. Hahaha!
                                Good morning everyone.

No Techie, we had the toilet paper madness at the start of lockdown too, just had forgotten all about it. I am sure a lot of our chat and expressions need translation too.

Absolutely horrible morning here, lashing rain. Doing everything in reverse, preparing lunch now, then grocery shopping and hopefully it will have cleared for a walk by lunchtime.

Comment

Working...
                                X