October Army 2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: October Army 2021

Oh definitely our Irish humour confuses some in the rest of the world...think even our British neighbours don't get it a lot of the time...tho when in Scotland I was amazed how similar their sense of humour is...must be a Celt thing...

On our way to Galway..few days in nice hotel...just what the doctor ordered!!!!
    Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
    contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Enjoy Molls.
      I've great reports of the 12 Hotel in Galway - doggies allowed :thumbsup:
      We've a voucher for Ashford that we must use. Rosie will be allowed too. It's not the actual Castle but The Lodge - the outhouses, stables or something.. :egad:
      Though MrS not happy about Rosie cramping his style i.e. traipsing around every pub 'till 1 or 2am in the morning. :yay:

Comment

Stayed there (Ashford) years ago..it was fabulous! Think they've lost the run of themselves tho...friend of Adams wanted to bring his wife there for ONE night...2.2k.....ffs!!!

Comment

In the MUCH more affordable Galmont in city centre..it's lovely..but OMG Galway is JAMMERS...haven't seen crowds like that since pre Covid...and the sun is shining....won't Rosie give you the perfect excuse to swerve the pub? ' oh dear...I'll have to babysit Rosie':yay: hotel room ALL to yourself while he's gobbing pints!!

Comment

I just love how supportive this thread is. My pledge to you is to no longer bore you with my senseless yank humor.

BREAKING: The World Health Organization has announced that dogs cannot contract COVID-19. Dogs previously held in quarantine can now be released. To be clear, WHO let the dogs out.

(one can only hope they got this on)
            “Outside of a dog a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read”

Comment

Originally posted by techie View Post
              I just love how supportive this thread is. My pledge to you is to no longer bore you with my senseless yank humor.

BREAKING: The World Health Organization has announced that dogs cannot contract COVID-19. Dogs previously held in quarantine can now be released. To be clear, WHO let the dogs out.

HAHA...got that!!:bing:

Comment

Originally posted by mollyka View Post
                Stayed there (Ashford) years ago..it was fabulous! Think they've lost the run of themselves tho...friend of Adams wanted to bring his wife there for ONE night...2.2k.....ffs!!!
                FFS is right !!! Madness !

Comment

just love how sup I portive this thread is. My pledge to you is to no longer bore you with my senseless yank humor.

:hahaha:

Comment

:rotlf:

Not surprised about Galway at all Molly.. sure Dublin is the same.

Seriously, have we only one QS in the country, who has covid!
                    My builders arrived this morning at 8am. By midday, they had torn up the back of the house. Windows out, floor gone, walls gone. By midday I wondered if I had made the right decision...ahhhh. Hall living is interesting. 6 weeks, so glad I dont drink or it would be Tea +gin for breakfast!
                    Last edited by IamMary; October 28, 2021, 05:55 PM.
                    AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

I've been into town a few times Mary..at the weekends as well..and it was nothing like this...it was like Christmas eve on Grafton st. And only Thurs afternoon....had to wait to even walk down the street. Mad....and not all tourists either ...
                      Morning all...just had lovely breakfast now off for swim etc....happy days!!

Comment

Sounds like a long time to live in a hall!! Very early days here we had our bathroom done and I had a relapse of all relapses!!!! Jacks should remember that!

Did dd get off okay Benjy? Was she happy going?

Comment

Originally posted by IamMary View Post
                          :rotlf:

Not surprised about Galway at all Molly.. sure Dublin is the same.

Seriously, have we only one QS in the country, who has covid!
                          My builders arrived this morning at 8am. By midday, they had torn up the back of the house. Windows out, floor gone, walls gone. By midday I wondered if I had made the right decision...ahhhh. Hall living is interesting. 6 weeks, so glad I dont drink or it would be Tea +gin for breakfast!
                          Jesus, Mary & Joseph & the wee donkey Mers !!

I did something similar in the run up to Christmas - lived in the garage. Ate microwave burgers & drank wine. When I think back I believe my drinking escalated at that time :egad:

Don't want to depress you - but NEVER AGAIN. Was a shite job - & was ripped out way before it should have been.
                          My advice is watch them like a hawk ... that they are not flitting in & out doing as many jobs as possible. Don't pay them till it's done.

Silver lining you don't have to clean or worry about dust - no point when it's back next day :thumbsup:

My last kit hen went in in the height of Summer.

Comment

My bathroom was a DISASTER beginning to end however my kit hen was truly a doddle ...it'll be grand and even 10 years on I still love and appreciate the kit hen job so be patient!!!!

Comment

Sounds like a long time to live in a hall!! Very early days here we had our bathroom done and I had a relapse of all relapses!!!! Jacks should remember that!

Did dd get off okay Benjy? Was she happy going?
                              She did Molls.
                              Delighted they were and why wouldn't they. New job, new gaff, new car and Munich at Christmas - gorge !
                              Sure then they will be back in 5 weeks to stay with us :egad: for ALL OF CHRISTMAS. FFS!!!

Comment

My bathroom was a DISASTER beginning to end however my kit hen was truly a doddle ...it'll be grand and even 10 years on I still love and appreciate the kit hen job so be patient!!!!
                                Same here Molls - LOVE my kit hen which is the same age as my sober days - NEVER had a drink in it !
                                And yep patience BUT watch them..... :haha:

Comment

Working...
                                X