X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: November Army Thread

Originally posted by mollyka View Post
    Evening...sorry bout the ribs MrsA!!
    Bit of a good news/bad news day...jillys house has fallen through..problem the QS unearthed...but joeys baby is healthy and hearty at the 20 week scan and it's a wee boy....oh and I've been a close contact with poxy Covid...endless this thing!!
    Night all xx
    Ah so sorry to hear that Molls - she deserves to be happy. Maybe there is an even better house with her name on it ?

Comment

[MENTION=22411]IamMary[/MENTION]
      Ah Mers that's a pain in the hole. But sure yiz are used to slumming it now living in the hall. As I said before... a great excuse for an alternative no-cleaning-needed Christmas
      i.e. "Soooo sorry the place is a mess - builders ye know":dispirited:

Off to work ....... covering for wasters again :llama:

YS home tonight - MrS killing the fatted calf

Comment

Originally posted by satz123 View Post
        Ah so sorry to hear that Molls - she deserves to be happy. Maybe there is an even better house with her name on it ?
        Hope so..she's pure miserable..anyway..Tillys 4th birthday today so took the day off ... the kit hen will be amazing!
        Well done young JC re. the choir...great lad!
        Can't believe YS done a month already...just tell himself not to be drinking around him or offering to buy him alcohol free beer...I'd have punched mine if he had done that. My SIL who still drinks 30 years later left rehab cos husband arrived in with 'the smell of drink on him'....clown!
        Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
        contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Afternoon everyone

My goodness that was a fast month. Good advice from the Molly wan. Sorry to hear about the house Molly but hopefully as Satz said there is another one out there for her. Great news about the new baby. Hope you are ok, bloody Covid is everywhere. Certainly not going anywhere crowded at the moment.

Young JC sounds very talented. Glad you enjoyed. At least things are progressing Mary and you can take advantage of not having to have everything perfect this Xmas, building work! Sorry the ribs are still bothering you Brit, hope they soon heal.

Typing this on phone during lunch so better finish up and go back in. Today is my Friday, yay.

Comment

oooh I can use lots of @s

Nuisance first..................I've buggerd my right shoulder. Its agony and I'm chomping down painkillers like they're going out of fashion. Trying to get a hot water bottle in place is a problem...............I suppose I could use duck tape but I'd prolly strangle my self.

[MENTION=22411]IamMary[/MENTION].....................no the S&H doesn't do gigs. He just likes singing. Its how he met his wife when he joined an amateur drama club when he was at uni. They've done all sorts................he played the lead in Mac an Mabel. And it doesn't matter where he is in the world if there's a karaoke he's first up. I've got little snippets on my phone from Mexico, the USA, Spain of him warbling away.
            Luckily when we got our kitchen done we got a whopping 20% discount as the manager was a good mate of the S.&H........................so it paid for me and Bess (and Mr JC when he came in from work) holed up in a hotel

[MENTION=8529]mollyka[/MENTION].....................what a damned shame about the house. There'll be somewhere better. Can't believe Tilly's 4........................ I'm sure she was born a week ago.

Short, dark , spikey & pixie-like. You have the nice thin face for it.
            Go for it :sohappy:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]5900[/ATTACH]
            I like that one but with a bit less fringe.

I actually started this post an hour ago but my Aunt rang mid posting and she's off to America for Christmas to see her son and family......................so of course we had yak on about it. She's a tad pissed off that she has to go British Airways and not Aer Lingus as she hates Heathrow.
            It could be worse, I could be filing.
            AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Originally posted by mollyka View Post
              Hope so..she's pure miserable..anyway..Tillys 4th birthday today so took the day off ... the kit hen will be amazing!
              Well done young JC re. the choir...great lad!
              Can't believe YS done a month already...just tell himself not to be drinking around him or offering to buy him alcohol free beer...I'd have punched mine if he had done that. My SIL who still drinks 30 years later left rehab cos husband arrived in with 'the smell of drink on him'....clown!
              well ... MrS has been known to go to the pub & arrive home drunk. "I'm not changing my life for him"
              But it's a stupid mentality and he will NOT being doing it this time around.
              If he does - I'll set Mrs Munich over there on him. She'll kill him with one lash of her tongue. :haha:

Having said that seeing him drunk - made me MORE inclined to stay sober. Blubbering mess ! :cuss:
              That's something I never get ..... I have told him lots of times how ridiculous he is when he drinks too much .....
              I think if someone said that to me in my day - I'd have been MORTO and would have taken it on board.
              I always made sure I was never drunk in front of anyone - especially someone sober :egad:
              Last edited by satz123; November 30, 2021, 05:51 PM.

Comment

well ... MrS has been known to go to the pub & arrive home drunk. "I'm not changing my life for him"
                But it's a stupid mentality and he will NOT being doing it this time around.
                If he does - I'll set Mrs Munich over there on him. She'll kill him with one lash of her tongue. :haha:

Having said that seeing him drunk - made me MORE inclined to stay sober. Blubbering mess ! :cuss:
                That's something I never get ..... I have told him lots of times how ridiculous he is when he drinks too much .....
                I think if someone said that to me in my day - I'd have been MORTO and would have taken it on board.
                I always made sure I was never drunk in front of anyone - especially someone sober :egad:
                Definitely it's different for men mentality I think.
                .would never argue for one second that I had a problem but Joe got really silly when drinking and regularly fell asleep ( unconscious??) In the chair...' ah God help him he's tired'....whereas if I did that !? Like you Benjy I tried to only drink around people who were also drinking so my excess would go unnoticed mainly...it was only at the end I tried hiding it and drinking alone. I hope he does make an effort..it's not the immediate day or occasion but it's a build up that can become resentment which leads to.....well we all know what that can lead to! I too would have been mortified if that had been said to me

Morning all

Comment

Good morning everyone

I would have been morto too. Now if I fall asleep in the chair after my dinner it is tiredness. Guess it depends on the mindset. If you are truly grateful to be alcohol free you are thankful that the drunk person is no longer you. If there are still doubts there then resentment comes into it. It is very early days for young Satz so I guess do everything you can to protect him.

Just back from my walk and it was fresh to say the least. Glad to have it done. More poxy cleaning to be done. I turn into my mother at Christmas, the whole house has to get a once over. I have not the energy any more to do if all at once Xmas week so have been doing it last few weeks as I go along.

Comment

Ah Rusters - feck the cleaning.
                    Though I know i've heard myself say ( to myself) "I'll leave that till nearer Christmas" :egad:
                    So the house will be a tip by Christmas week waiting to be done :haha:

YS is taking up the offer of a place in Aiséirí Secondary treatment centre in Waterford for 24 weeks.
                    So he's here now - looking & feeling well and going there on Monday. I think he needs it - he thinks he needs it - and counsellor thinks he needs it.

Comment

Ah Rusters - feck the cleaning.
                      Though I know i've heard myself say ( to myself) "I'll leave that till nearer Christmas" :egad:
                      So the house will be a tip by Christmas week waiting to be done :haha:

YS is taking up the offer of a place in Aiséirí Secondary treatment centre in Waterford for 24 weeks.
                      So he's here now - looking & feeling well and going there on Monday. I think he needs it - he thinks he needs it - and counsellor thinks he needs it.
                      Great to hear hes doing well and making the right decision. It'll be nice to have him for the few days, knowing hes off to a safe place. How does a secondary treatment centre work?

Mr M kept drinking when I gave up, I know deep down he wanted to keep the party going. I just had to change my mindset, I didnt drink then despite him. He made some effort, but it didnt last long (but he drinks a lot less now, i finally got him running a few years back). Now, when he has a few drinks, I do a little dance in my head - absolutely 100%, the best decision I have made so far.

Folks leaving the US tomorrow, but getting in here on Friday morning, so they are getting stung for 2 pcr tests now. My dad is not impressed - about $150 each!
                      AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

Mr M kept drinking when I gave up, I know deep down he wanted to keep the party going. I just had to change my mindset, I didnt drink then despite him. He made some effort, but it didnt last long (but he drinks a lot less now,
                        Same here Mers - he thought I could just "not drink at home - just drink when we go to pub"
                        In other words drink like him.
                        Sorry kiddo it ain't that simple .....
                        Since lockdown he hardly drinks at all.
                        The pub, I think, is really not the same anymore. Too organised now for a social butterfly who likes to work the room:haha:

Comment

Originally posted by IamMary View Post
                          Great to hear hes doing well and making the right decision. It'll be nice to have him for the few days, knowing hes off to a safe place. How does a secondary treatment centre work?
                          [MENTION=22411]IamMary[/MENTION]
                          It's a centre that they go live in for 6 months. Not as restrictive as the main house - but seems a great idea for those who need it.
                          6 months down there will sort him and give him a taste of living a real life without alcohol.
                          Will be like the Army - make a man of him

Comment

Hey gurls....get over to Dec:victorious:ember...2 days in! I've even replied to you over there:thumbsup:
                            Last edited by mollyka; December 2, 2021, 03:44 AM.

Comment

Working...
                            X