X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: November Army Thread

Originally posted by rustop59 View Post
    Good morning everyone.

Thank you Techie, :heartbeat: the blond one is very like our fella. He walks with a black lab/sheepdog mix and they are very cute together. Thanks for the book recommendation Mary. Have you read 56 Days or the Nothing Man, Catherine Ryan Howard? Irish writer and both on BorrowBox. Again different with a few twists. I think BorrowBox is the best thing ever.

I have taken these two days off so am having a little break. Nothing much planned for it but nice to be off. Am going to Carlingford on Saturday with a friend and doing the greenway.
    Yes, just read 56 days and have the Nothing man on order! there was me paying a tenner a month to Audible!!
    Enjoy your few days, Carlingford is a great spot. Youve probably eaten in Fitzpatricks, great spot.

Sounds like YS has a different frame of mind this time [MENTION=9094]satz123[/MENTION]. Trying to stay sober is futile unless you're at that point - Ive a good feeling he's there :fingers:
    AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

Hola troopers,

Beautiful pic Techie. Thanks.

Satz, wishing your young man all the best. He can do it.

big waves to evabody.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Originally posted by satz123 View Post
        Lovely. Are they yours Techie ?
        No, not mine but they touched my heart. I have a Goldendoodle…

C38E7E91-F7FF-400E-B93B-45E7EE756EA5.jpg
        Last edited by techie; November 2, 2021, 09:43 PM. Reason: Add pic of Maddie
        “Outside of a dog a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read”

Comment

Morning all...great news bout YS ...hopefully he is ready this time!

Lovely crisp morning here...Autumn colours are amazing...no news really..late shift today
          Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
          contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

[QUOTE=
            Lovely crisp morning here...Autumn colours are amazing...no news really..late shift today[/QUOTE]

Good morning everyone.

It is indeed a beautiful morning, just back from my walk and it was perfect.:heartbeat: Your doggie Techie, they really are our best friends.

Here is his lordship after enjoying a mud bath in a drain on our walk.

ECEC539F-0E7F-4FBC-80A2-87B3B1F05717.jpg

Great news about YS, really hope that this is his time and he finds his way out.

Have never been to Carlingford and yes the greenway is from Carlingford to Omeath so looking forward to it. Today I have to do some cleaning, needs must.

Comment

Originally posted by mollyka View Post
              Morning all...great news bout YS ...hopefully he is ready this time!

Lovely crisp morning here...Autumn colours are amazing...no news really..late shift today
              Hope your Galway trip was fabulous, Molly. Once this scourge ends, I’ll make my way over there. Lots of relatives to visit.
              “Outside of a dog a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read”

Comment

It was grand Techie...just cos we live in such a teenchy island it can feel a bit catastrophic tbh...think I need to spread my wings a bit further soon!!
                Just in from work..I've a shocking sore back and feeling a bit sorry for myself ...think I'll get to bed....night all xx
                Last edited by mollyka; November 3, 2021, 04:21 PM.

Comment

Evening all.
                  :hug: Molls - sleep well.

Well YS went & checked in yesterday.
                  I had a conference call today with him & 'the nun' Molls .......... :egad:
                  I just told it like it is - I was brutally honest. I'm weary of the whole thing. 10 years of lies & drama is enough - I'm tired of it all being hashed out again & again.

How do I feel ? How has it affected me ? etc etc - YAWN !
                  I decided long ago - that if he can't change then out of sight / out of mind suits me.

The ball is in his court now.

Comment

Can't believe she's still on the go!
                    Absolutely...he's an adult and needs to sort himself..hopefully he will xx
                    Doing a course from home today.. personal effectiveness...I'm biting my tongue not to bad mouth senior management

Comment

Absolutely...he's an adult and needs to sort himself..hopefully he will xx
                      Doing a course from home today.. personal effectiveness...I'm biting my tongue not to bad mouth senior management

Morning everyone.

God can you imagine the reaction if you did let rip Molly . As Molly just said Satz he is an adult and it is up to him. Hopefully this time it sticks, you just look after yourself.

Anyone heard from JC? Hope she is ok and just needing a little break.

Another beautiful morning here and just back in from my walk. Off now to do the dreaded grocery shop.

Comment

Hi everybody, just popped in to let you all know that JC had asked me to look after the Shout Out thread for her. She's taking a long break from the whole internet thing, except for Christmas shopping lol, her words, not mine haha. I think we'll see her return at some point in the distant future.
                        Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                        Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                        Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Thank you, Cowboy. It is always concerning when regulars (in JC’s case ICON) just drop out without word. Happy to hear that she is ok and just taking a hiatus. Love you, JC x

Comment

No harm taking a break methinks ...allows us to refresh and cut off all the social media stuff...it does me good anyway...what'll we do without you Jacks!!!

Comment

Morning...bookending here! Off to work

Comment

Morning...bookending here! Off to work
                                Enjoy work Molly and good morning everyone else. It does feel at times as if you are talking to yourself and maybe that’s why JC decided to take a break. Thanks for letting us know [MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION], stops us worrying about her.

Nothing much planned for today, enjoying having the time off and getting a few things organized in the house. How is living in the hall going Mary?

Hope the weather holds for tomorrow for cycling this greenway but am bringing waterproofs just in case.

Comment

Working...
                                X