November Army Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: November Army Thread

Now I need to stop yapping & go to work.
    I can't describe how manic it can be with 87 residents at various stages of dementia + plus their sometimes guilt ridden families wanting to visit.

But I love it. It makes me feel very very grateful for my lot when I get home.

Adios :llama:

Comment

Have a good day at work...gonna get up now and investigate what Joe is hammering....he deffo thinks he's a master craftsman now cos he fixed a door:egad:
      Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
      contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Afternoon everyone.

Wishing you a speedy recovery Brit. It will be worth it Mary, hang in there. Not easy at times but as Satz pointed out you are a young one. Hope you have a good day at work Satz. We all have a lot to be thankful for, just have to keep reminding ourselves. How is YS getting on?

Does Joe do nixers Molly? Could do with a handy man around here, himself is not that way inclined. Had a lovely walk and feet up now reading the Sunday papers, have the house to myself which is bliss.

Comment

Haha....I'd happily farm him out doing nixers...specially if I were to get the house to myself....tbh....(hushed voice) he's prolly not as good as HE thinks he is:applouse:

Had a visitor for the day..a 5 year old Labrador...wasn't sure how Max would take the invasion of his space...ach they got on like a house on fire!
          Dinner done so feet up and master craftsman doing the dishes;-)

Comment

What a day !!
            Jesus must check if there's a full moon.
            The place was hopping with tempers starting to fray.
            The doorbell never stopped & everyone who approached the desk WANTED SOMETHING !!!! .....
            I didn't get to eat till 2pm and was really getting hangry & snappy - wanted to stab someone actually..... :egad:

Anyhoo made it through but came home to my poor Rosie who is not well. Slept all day & ate nothing.
            Just hoping she'll be ok in the morning - or it's the vet .....

Soooooooo how was everyone else's day ??

Comment

Ah poor Rosie, so many bugs going around, Im sure dogs are not immune either.
              I think what you do in your job is fantastic Satz, they are lucky to have you.

Lovely run in Ardgillian Park, this morning, we go there most Sundays. The view never gets boring.
              Thai dinner also up your way Molly, we ate in for a change.

Tried to get into see my inlaws but they have gone back into cocooning mode again - no visiting until Christmas and ill be shocked if they let us into the garden then. I cant see them ever feeling safe again tbh. Its no way to live.
              AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

Morning
                Love ardgillan ...so does Max!
                Poor wee dog Benjy...our lad had similar 2 weeks ago and needed an antibiotic...it was scary watching him not eat...his life revolves around food.
                Best get up..my back is really hurting...only time it doesn't when I'm lying flat...buggeration
                Last edited by mollyka; November 8, 2021, 03:14 AM.

Comment

Afternoon everyone

Never been to Ardgillan, must put it on my list. That’s very sad about the in-laws Mary, it is no way to live. Won’t be going into any crowded places myself but I’ll still do what I am comfortable with.

Hope Rosie is feeling better today. Horrible to see anything wrong with them.

Back in work today, 6am start a bit of a shock to the system but not that long now until Xmas break.

Comment

It IS very sad ...the fear some older people are feeling. Lots I do automatically now..stay away from big crowds...keep a distance..wear a mask.. but other than personal choice (don't feel like flying this year ..just all that faffing around with masks and tests etc) my life carries on the same..I do feel if I was even older I'd say feck it...I've had my innings...mebbe not?
                    Off to work shortly..laters folks

Comment

Originally posted by mollyka View Post
                      It IS very sad ...the fear some older people are feeling. Lots I do automatically now..stay away from big crowds...keep a distance..wear a mask.. but other than personal choice (don't feel like flying this year ..just all that faffing around with masks and tests etc) my life carries on the same..I do feel if I was even older I'd say feck it...I've had my innings...mebbe not?
                      Off to work shortly..laters folks
                      I'd prolly be the same - & if anyone bothered to ask older folk they'd say - "I'll take my chances. Life is for living".
                      At a certain age I believe it should be quality of life not quantity.

Rosie 'sat on my lip' all night & woke today bright as a button.
                      I swear I didn't worry about the kids that much
                      Last edited by satz123; November 8, 2021, 04:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by mollyka View Post
                        Morning
                        Love ardgillan ...so does Max!
                        Poor wee dog Benjy...our lad had similar 2 weeks ago and needed an antibiotic...it was scary watching him not eat...his life revolves around food.
                        I KNEW it would happen Mollerooney - you lurve him :heartbeat:

Comment

Originally posted by satz123 View Post
                          Only sometimes could murder the little bugger half the time! Glad Rosie's ok...night folks xx

Comment

Originally posted by satz123 View Post
                            Haha, I spotted that too!
                            You have left me alone now Molly and gone off to the other side!

Yea, my folks are being careful, but living life as full as they can now. Heading off to New York in a few weeks - as soon as they were allowed, flights were booked. My inlaws are missing out on so much. There constantly read the papers, listen to the news and as soon as its bad news, thats the message they hang onto.

Hangover season has started.. Christmas really is the entire month of November and December now, plus half of January. I am half expecting someone to wish me a Happy christmas any day now. I have banned Xmas fm until December - but they are all ignoring me!
                            AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

I'm not going to entertain Christmas 'till December 1st.
                              Like everything else we are led by the nose by the advertisers & money men. :rant:

( says she who was in M&S yesterday ohhing & ahhing over the cute decorations )

Among other things .....what I HATE about this time of year are SPARKLY / GLITTERY FECKING TOPS & DRESSES in the shops. Horrible ol' yokes .....
                              Last edited by satz123; November 9, 2021, 03:04 AM.

Comment

I get a sort of sinking feeling when I think of Christmas.. inclined to buy into the media images of happy families etc... Joe collapsed last Christmas day so that was a nightmare...some of them couldn't even come because of Covid contact...and next year we'll be in Mayo in a small 3 bed so all won't fit even if they want to come.
                                Need to go back to my early sobriety days and remind myself ...'it's only a day' ..this year they all seem to be barreling up as usual
                                Last edited by mollyka; November 9, 2021, 04:22 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X