X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: December Army Thread with Extra tinsel and Joy

Originally posted by rustop59 View Post
    Evening all

Ah it’s better to marry for love Molly, bet you would not change a thing. Money is not everything.

Do you love your new kit hen Mary? Bet it’s fab. Spending lots of time in mine at the moment. Just made a batch of mince pies.

Keeping everything crossed that none of us come down with Covid over next few days. My friend woke up with symptoms this morning. She’s a vaccinator so meeting tons of people every day. Now it might be only a cold but she went for test.

Stay safe everyone.
    Course I wouldn't change our relationship etc.....but I sometimes look at our life and at times ..God it has been tough...being self-employed family was often hugely worrying...specially when the kids were small...a bit of bob would have been handy!!!

Like you I'm a bit peppery that someone will come down with covid before Saturday...feel we need to dismiss the horror of ambulance men swarming the house last christmas day!!

I have a sort of boss who I think thinks she's my friend...but tbh..to me she's just a colleague..I'm terrified she's gonna produce a present for me cos I've nothing for her!! Barely have a present for grandkids et al!!
    Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
    contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Hello all yous gangsters ..jist thought Id jump in and chuck some happy dust around the gaff.......not that its needed ...obviously ..what with Jacs digging aboot for a half pack of ibos down the side of the bed ,Satzy going on ab out the scabby Chrimbo trees at the airport..."In Dublins fair city ,where the girls are pretty ,but the airports got scabbytrees," Molls who married for luv and not dosh ,and condemned to a life of Aldi beans n toast with the odd jamboree to Eddie Rockets...

Anyways that aside ,hope yiz are all well.we are grand here ,despite the burblings of a worzel gummidge lookalike who insists that we all stay in ,meet no ,one eat and breathe occasionally whilst he makes rules to break for fun .its a fair wee while since I have been over here ..but glad to see nothing has changed ..still as mad as ever.

In all seriousness tho, I wish you all the best for Chrimbo and the new year ...stay safe be sensible ,but enjoy yourselves .. a few jokes for yizall...

Got the wine? Check.

Got the cheese? Check.

Got the snacks and nibbles? Check.

Got the wife and kids? Check.

Got the rest of the street in the garden? Check.

Got the tables and chairs scattered all over? Check.

OK, it seems to be time for our business meeting.

Ever have one of those mornings where you can't even be bothered to get dressed?

Anyway, I was arrested at the bus stop.

Due to Covid restrictions football in Scotland will be "effectively spectator-free"

So no change there then

Christmas is a time of year when I like to take stock.

The shops are so busy, I always get away with it.

A young mother paying a visit to her GP. She made no attempt to restrain her boisterous five*-year-*old son, who was running in and out and ransacking an adjoining treatment room. But finally an extra-*loud clatter of bottles did prompt her to say, “I hope, doctor, you don’t mind Billy playing in your examining room.”

“No,” said the doctor calmly. “It's fine. He’ll be quiet in a moment when he gets to the poisons.”

My next door neighbour has invited me over for a Christmas drink with nibbles.

He really loves that Cat
      af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

[MENTION=17668]Mick[/MENTION] - thanks for the laffs :haha:
        Below image is my tree. So that gives you an idea of the scabbiness of Dublin Airport Christmas 2021

WhatsApp Image 2021-12-19 at 16.26.49.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by satz123 View Post
          [mention=17668]mick[/mention] - thanks for the laffs :haha:
          Below image is my tree. So that gives you an idea of the scabbiness of dublin airport christmas 2021

[ATTACH=CONFIG]5941[/ATTACH]
          lmao
          Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

:haha: yiz are hilarious!!
            My mother's (v posh) friend always says.. darling, never marry for money, but hang around with people with money and your bound to fall into with one of them..
            (Except she would never say 'hang around'!)
            Love the new 'space' Rustop. Loads still to do but hoping I don't see a builder here again before Xmas. The cleanup is on..
            In work today for a while.. someone threw up a few decorations in our department, wasn't far off Satz' tree!
            AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

Morning ...hi Mick!
              Went all out with decorations this year..both at home and at work....do love the glitter this time of year but OMG...hate them after the event!

Comment

Below image is my tree. So that gives you an idea of the scabbiness of Dublin Airport Christmas 2021

Was that pic taken in Terminal 1 Satzy?the main airline out of there is Ryanair...and lets be honest ,he makes Scotsmen look like eccentric money spenders!!!
                af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Originally posted by Mick View Post
                  Was that pic taken in Terminal 1 Satzy?the main airline out of there is Ryanair...and lets be honest ,he makes Scotsmen look like eccentric money spenders!!!
                  Errr that's a joke picture goin round Mick...even Micko ain't that tight:welldone:

Comment

Good morning everyone

Thanks for dropping in Mick and for the laughs. We could do with them.

Miserable morning here. We have been very lucky with the weather last few weeks. Going to have to put on the rain gear and brave it. 5 hyper active dogs in the house is not good for the nerves!!

Comment

Morning. Got a woman coming to do my nails so got to be quick.

[MENTION=17668]Mick[/MENTION].........thanks for the laughs and thanks for the dig at our dear Boris. (tongue firmly in cheek) :cuss:

:harhar:

Got to go ............she's early.
                      It could be worse, I could be filing.
                      AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Originally posted by Mick View Post
                        [MENTION=17668]Mick[/MENTION] that is my tree - Michael's is even smaller.
                        Though we women have always been told that size doesn't matter ................ :newhere:

Comment

Evening! Just one more day to work then hols for nearly 2 weeks...yay!!! Was so touched today..cos it'll be my last Christmas in libraries they all pooled in and got me a gorgeous present...lovely but I was morto! Then we raffled all the presents borrowers gave us and I won a massive box chocs...good day huh!!!
                          How's everyone?
                          Last edited by mollyka; December 22, 2021, 03:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by mollyka View Post
                            Evening! Just one more day to work then hols for nearly 2 weeks...yay!!! Was so touched today..cos it'll be my last Christmas in libraries they all pooled in and got me a gorgeous present...lovely but I was morto! Then we raffled all the presents borrowers gave us and I won a massive box chocs...good day huh!!!
                            How's everyone?
                            Ah that was a lovely gesture. In the leaba reading. Tomorrow is hubbies last day. I’ve been getting up at cock crow to deal with the dogs while he is on early morning calls. Our own I would let chill down in the bedroom but I don’t want to give the visitors any notions. They are let sleep in the bed at home but not here. Night everyone.

Comment

Morning,
                              Originally posted by mollyka View Post
                              How's everyone?
                              How lovely is that...........it gave me the warm and fuzzies...........never dawned on me this would be your last Christmas with the library.

I'm up early as I'm going for coffee with my SIL and we're swapping family presents................not to be opened until the BIG day though. She's been so kind and understanding since I told her about my agoraphobia.

Still not sure if Jenny and Ads will be here for the BIG day................Ad's Grandad still poorly so its all up in the air.

Mr. JC reached his target weight at Slimming World this week.

Better get a wriggle on.
                              It could be worse, I could be filing.
                              AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Morning everyone

Well done Mr JC :welldone: Been eating rings around me but I am walking. Lots of people’s plans are up in the air this Christmas with people isolating. Just walked with my friend as she’s negative but her daughter who lives with her boyfriend is positive so won’t be able to come home for Christmas.

Day cleaning and in the kitchen planned. I do the ham on Christmas Eve so doing some prep today. Hope you enjoyed your coffee JC, waves to everyone else.

Comment

Working...
                                X