Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: December Army Thread with Extra tinsel and Joy

Morning,
    I'm up with the larks................got to make this quick as I'm at the hairdressers at 10am. Himself has his Slimming World he's lost near 3 stones...........(19kilos in metric).
    He's going to throw me in the hairdressers then go for a weigh in.

[MENTION=9094]satz123[/MENTION]......................sounds like he's on The Pink Cloud. Its a real bummer when that fades and life becomes 'real' again. I cried on and off for a week when all the loveliness of being sober turned out to be real life just after I got 30 days in.

I'm not sure what the rules are over here anymore but belief it or not there's a public advert that advises us to open several windows every now and again to let fresh air circulate if we have a lot of people in the house.......a) how many is too many? b)how big is your house?

I'd better bugger off.................hairdressers with near Christmas appointments are like gold around here.
    It could be worse, I could be filing.
    AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Good morning everyone

Good luck with the hairdresser JC, are you going with a change? I’m having mine done next week. My hairdresser has just had Covid but is back working this week.

More restrictions here. Sick and tired of it at this stage. Don’t even want to think about what Xmas will be like if daughter is stranded in Norway. Thank God for my walks, they are what keeps me sane.

Have a lovely Saturday everyone and well done Mr JC.

Comment

[QUOTE=satz123;1803898]Morning all. Nothing much to say but I will make it up as I go along.
        I don't know about anyone else but I find it kinda insulting when people who used to post in the Army now read the thread but then just move on.
        They can't be arsed to even comment or help keep the thread alive.
        THERE I've said it.
        Obviously our conversations are too mundane to bother :moody: That's the insulting part.

Sorry had not seen this when I posted earlier.

Another way of looking at it is that they have gone back drinking and a little bit of them wants to have what the army has so they still read but don’t post? Maybe I am wrong and I sincerely hope I am, just thought I would throw that in.

Comment

Originally posted by satz123 View Post
          Morning all. Nothing much to say but I will make it up as I go along.
          I don't know about anyone else but I find it kinda insulting when people who used to post in the Army now read the thread but then just move on.
          They can't be arsed to even comment or help keep the thread alive.
          THERE I've said it.
          Obviously our conversations are too mundane to bother :moody: That's the insulting part.

Call me a cranky old biddie but I don't care :moonwalk:I'm off to work
          Morning all -- first of all -- how do you know they are reading the thread? I haven't a clue who's around --yeah -- Rusters could be right -- and of course - that completely defeats the purpose of the whole forum -- nobody wants abusive drunken messages like we had in the past -- but if someone is trying to quit and just not getting it (past expert here -- believe you me!) surely posting anywhere on MWO is the way to go? My fear would be that those previously abusive posters would be lurking and reading hence why I've become more circumspect -- but you say we can tell if they're around?

Originally posted by satz123 View Post
          Don't want to be a Debbie Downer - but he's always full of these bright ideas when he is sober. Starts sending CVs etc.
          I told him to calm the feck down this time.
          Ironically he loves to be healthy, watch his diet & exercise.
          I think that will be his saviour in the end.

Adios :horse:
          Yeah I get that - and I think it's great that you are keeping your own expectations under control -- like Jackie says -- the pink cloud is very real and very devastating when it evaporates.. mixing with recovering addicts is imo the very very best thing to do in the early days -- in real life I mean.. and he will have 6 months of that presuming he's in with a good group -- but yeah -- I'm sure with most of us -- our nearest and dearest - looked at us quite sceptically for some time.. it's natural you would feel like that -- personally I wouldn't start trusting an addict till at least their 1st anniversary... if not more.

Originally posted by JackieClaire View Post
          Morning,
          I'm up with the larks................got to make this quick as I'm at the hairdressers at 10am. Himself has his Slimming World he's lost near 3 stones...........(19kilos in metric).
          He's going to throw me in the hairdressers then go for a weigh in.

[MENTION=9094]satz123[/MENTION]......................sounds like he's on The Pink Cloud. Its a real bummer when that fades and life becomes 'real' again. I cried on and off for a week when all the loveliness of being sober turned out to be real life just after I got 30 days in.

I'm not sure what the rules are over here anymore but belief it or not there's a public advert that advises us to open several windows every now and again to let fresh air circulate if we have a lot of people in the house.......a) how many is too many? b)how big is your house?

I'd better bugger off.................hairdressers with near Christmas appointments are like gold around here.
          Wow that's some amount of weight he's lost - bless him -- was it Covid stone(s)?
          I remember while still in Áiseirí -- my son was coming down to visit and he was bringing his pregnant girlfriend with him --(pregnant with my first grandchild -- I hadn't met her since she was a little girl hanging around the house on her bike!) I was so bloody excited -- and Mein Fuhrer(ess) -- I jest - I was MAD about her -- she was a german lady who was a counsellor down there and did NOT suffer fools gladly - she took me aside and told me to calm down -- that it is very dangerous for us to experience wild extremes of mood -- be it bad OR good -- certainly in the early days... so yeah -- YS needs to level himself out a bit -- he can't repair his life in a day or a week and neither should he -- please god he'll be fine - but yeah agreeing with you again there Jacks about the pink cloud
          good luck with the hair
          Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
          contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Good morning Army. I suspect there are many former MWO folks who are lurking about but hesitant to post. Speaking for myself, I would welcome anyone who feels ashamed that perhaps they fallen back to old habits. I didn’t get here without some stops and starts. This forum is all about collective support, not judgement. So, if you are out there, needing a helping hand, I encourage you to reach out to us. Blessings x

So, on a lighter note…

569EE584-1F11-4A26-8268-00E558765FDE.jpeg
            “Outside of a dog a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read”

Comment

Originally posted by techie View Post
              Good morning Army. I suspect there are many former MWO folks who are lurking about but hesitant to post. Speaking for myself, I would welcome anyone who feels ashamed that perhaps they fallen back to old habits. I didn’t get here without some stops and starts. This forum is all about collective support, not judgement. So, if you are out there, needing a helping hand, I encourage you to reach out to us. Blessings x

So, on a lighter note…

[ATTACH=CONFIG]5909[/ATTACH]
              haha re. the bagpipes -- have to confess to actually really like them tho!!!

I agree entirely with what you are saying -- I'd even go so far as to say if anyone was obnoxious previously with drink taken -- there are nasty drunks - people that when sober are lovely funny gentle people -- so if anyone wants a clean slate -- just come back -- it's for support here -- no one 'owns' the site --

just had luverly dinner -- homemade burgers with mushroom and garlic sauce on a bagel and home made chips -- just pure tasty --stuffed now and feet up on the couch

Comment

Originally posted by techie View Post

So, on a lighter note…

[ATTACH=CONFIG]5909[/ATTACH]
                LOVE it Techie ..... I've sent it to my sister who lives in Scotland. She'll get a great kick out of that !

Comment

Originally posted by rustop59 View Post
                  Another way of looking at it is that they have gone back drinking and a little bit of them wants to have what the army has so they still read but don’t post? Maybe I am wrong and I sincerely hope I am, just thought I would throw that in.
                  Ah bless your cotton socks Rusters.
                  But if they are back drinking they need to come back even more for some support. What is the point of MWO otherwise - we are here to help each other.
                  If all we have are a bunch of sober people then our work is done & we can all retire :haha:

I'm probably pining for the old days when for me it was all new & I couldn't wait to get on here & yap & get advice from the long - timers.
                  I know for a fact I couldn't have done this without Molls & Jacks.
                  Mick, Starty, Oney, Tabbers were always there too. And a host of others popping in & out.

Then there was the Undies - who were the 'cool' kids. Very sophisticated & witty so you didn't venture over there too often :haha:

Anyhoo - off to me leaba ....... zzzzzz

Mers put the cat out..

Comment

Originally posted by mollyka View Post
                    haha re. the bagpipes -- have to confess to actually really like them tho!!!

I agree entirely with what you are saying -- I'd even go so far as to say if anyone was obnoxious previously with drink taken -- there are nasty drunks - people that when sober are lovely funny gentle people -- so if anyone wants a clean slate -- just come back -- it's for support here -- no one 'owns' the site --

just had luverly dinner -- homemade burgers with mushroom and garlic sauce on a bagel and home made chips -- just pure tasty --stuffed now and feet up on the couch
                    One of my favorites. I’ve been blessed to have seen this three times in the past twenty years…

COINNEADH CU CHULIANN - Uilleann pipe solo - LORD OF THE DANCE: THE NEW SHOW - YouTube
                    “Outside of a dog a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read”

Comment

WHERE'S THE FECKIN' CAT ???

I'm off to work :llama:

Comment

Morning all...just up so need a cuppa...biab

Comment

Morning............

First things first...............hair................very short bob at the back and longer at the front (to hide the hearing aids) I got my eyebrows done as well and dyed.

Mr JC's doing Slimming World..............you could blame covid as he was eating like a greedy hog when he was working from home but mainly because we've got a big event next year..............our Jenny's getting married in August and he didn't want to look like steamed pudding with arms and legs in the photos.

Originally posted by mollyka View Post
                          Exactly .....................we're not here to judge we're here to help. We have walked in your shoes. I may have umpteen years sober now but I was scared witless when I first posted (It took me 8 months to actually post) after joining and I was blown away with kindness. Oh and we seem to have decent moderators these days.
                          We're here to help not criticize.

BTW what cat?
                          It could be worse, I could be filing.
                          AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Good morning everyone

Beautiful morning here. Having a lazy one as I was chauffeuring last night. My God, the crowds in the city, covid, what covid! Thanks Techie, really appreciate your contribution.

Cat Satz? What cat? What have I missed out on. Think I am going to just chill and do very little today.

Comment

Think Mary was to put out the cat last night and turn out the lights:victorious:
                              Last edited by mollyka; December 5, 2021, 12:32 PM.

Comment

The Army cat, BarneyM (lets say), sorry Satz another night of mam mam mam mam... therefore no me time to post :stompy2:

There is a way to see whos been on the forum Molly, but I forget.

Well I was thinking of Tabbers this morning, hes usually about on a Sunday with a wheelbarrow of gratitude for fresh faced army heads. I had not laid in bed appreciating this in an age. Nothing better.

Spilt water on my phone yesterday and I spent most of the day all hippy like and free. Lasted until 8pm and drove (frantically) to my sisters for a spare, like a proper addict. I have everything on it! I tried to bring back a book in Easons, cards are on my phone. Covid forms for running, all on the app. My alarm, my watch, my books, my music, never mind my family/friends.
                                Couldnt do it. Im a victim of the phone generation.

Cat is out. If one if you let him back in, thats on you.
                                Last edited by IamMary; December 5, 2021, 11:38 AM.
                                AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

Working...
                                X