Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

March Army 2022

Morning white rabbits and all that.
    Its also St David's day..................go wild Wales. I'm looking at Wales for our holidays this year. Ashamed to say I've lived in the UK all my life and been all over and never stuck a toe into Wales.

It could be worse, I could be filing.
    AF since 7/7/2009

Re: March Army 2022

Haha! I've been to Wales and me an aul paddy!!
    on our way home (back to Dublin)
    Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
    contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

[MENTION=8529]mollyka[/MENTION].......I feel rather ashamed that we've never even thought of Wales........its got to be dog friendly and near a wee town and not in school holidays as the prices treble.

My lovely therapist knows all about MWO perhaps he may shove a few of his clients in our direction. I'm off to have a go on the bus today. Unthinkable just two weeks ago.

We're getting a new bathroom in May.............when Mr JC's hip dislocated we decided on just a shower. Its huge. Okay for Mr JC as he's got long arms just and switch it on while he's shaving.............I have to nip in press the on button then leap back while it warms up. So we (when I say we decided I mean nagged Mr JC into a corner)................its only a little space so we're going back to having a bath with a shower over it. Did the big eyes thing and said I'm going to be a pensioner next month did the job and I've got a teeny bit of money dropping into my account from when worked for Nat West pension sealed the deal.
      Last edited by JackieClaire; March 1, 2022, 06:05 AM.
      AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Originally posted by JackieClaire View Post
        I've got a teeny bit of money dropping into my account from when worked for Nat West pension sealed the deal.
        Afternoon everyone

Welcome to the pensioners club JC and well done on going on your bus journey. Also thanks for starting us off in March. I’ve a teeny pension too and am spending it on nights away at the moment.

Frosty morning here and now bright sunny day. Love this type of weather and it was bright coming back on my walk this morning. Working week over and I won’t be covering rest of week so happy days.

Comment

Happy March Army!
          “Outside of a dog a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read”

Comment

Evening all..back in the big smoke...chaotic family abounds...worn out!
            No news at all so just saying night night xx

Comment

Today was a busy day. 2 call ins due to stupid shit and my mom had a colonoscopy done which thank god turned to be good.

St. Patricks day is coming and I will be sober for it. I only drank 1 St. Patricks day and that was years ago. Also this month is my 2 year anniversary of quitting drinking again.
              I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Also doing it for me. I got to stay sober for me.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Comment

Evening army, on we March eh eh git it???

Hi Alison.
                Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

Howdy Tabbers and Alison. How did we land in March already!
                  Airport run in the morning, busy house here feeling your pain Molly.

Yep, the big Paddy's day is this month Alison. Always a hairy one... that I'm so glad to leave behind.

How did the bus go [MENTION=7008]JackieClaire[/MENTION]??
                  AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

Morning all and great to see you Alison...and you doing so well...never much liked Paddys Day...always chaotic and everywhere full of tourists...

Comment

At least your kids are young enough that they're meant to be there Mary...I have Jilly bossing me round the place and between her and Joe...jeez they are a pain at the moment...young Joey was up yesterday and he's a breath of fresh air..he loves his mammy:welldone:
                      Last edited by mollyka; March 2, 2022, 02:33 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by mollyka View Post
                        Morning all and great to see you Alison...and you doing so well...never much liked Paddys Day...always chaotic and everywhere full of tourists...
                        Morning everyone and welcome Alison.

Always hated Paddy’s day especially when my girls were teenagers, never felt they were safe. Too many drunk people and always worried about what would kick off. Extra bank holiday won’t benefit me until next year as I only work Monday and Tuesday so Thursday and Friday off is of no benefit.

Miserable morning here but got good walk in with just the big fella who loves water. Back at Pilates this evening. How was the bus journey JC?

Comment

Morning,
                          Originally posted by Tabbers (a.k.a. KTAB) View Post
                          Evening army, on we March eh eh git it???
                          Groan.................

[MENTION=9396]DriftyAlison0[/MENTION]...............lovely to see you. Pop in anytime.

[MENTION=8529]mollyka[/MENTION]............you've got a Jilly...............I've got a nagging Jenny. God forgive if I don't answer my phone after two rings. She forgets I'm not glued to it like a lot of the younger generation and usually I've forgotten where I've put it or its at the bottom of my handbag so by the time I've delved through all the crap I carry its gone to voice mail.

The S&H is laid back like his dad. That may change when he becomes a Dad in June.

I was fine on the bus........it was late..................then walked back over the big field. It was a glorious day yesterday...............warm and not a cloud in the sky. Today's the complete opposite.

England do feck all on St. George's day. Sounds like over your way St. Patrick's day is enforced jolliness. Bit like Christmas.
                          AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Afternoon...waiting for the dentist..had a bit of a mare the last time so...mammy prayers please:welldone:

Comment

HERE I AM IN MARCH AT LAST !!!! Bringing this over with me.

Originally Posted by IamMary
                              Maybe I'll get a t shirt with my covid dates and likely variant..
                              make them mandatory - we NEED something mandatory - we've forgotten how to make a decision ourselves :haha: .....

My niece is coming up for a night before she flys out to New York so will stay here instead. Nothing like a deadline to sort of my house.. tomorrow I'll achieve in 2 hours what would normally take 2 weeks
                              Same here Mers - the Germans are coming for visit end of March. Everything is now "ah sure I'll wait " - so 2 weeks of doing feck all then a mad flurry of activity of clean towels & clean beds :haha:

In the meantime we'll slum it as normal !

Comment

Working...
                              X