Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: May Army 2022

Originally posted by satz123 View Post
    That's a great day out Jacks - tell Jenny to demand Prosecco, fancy sparkling water ( for you ) & cake to aid with the choosing of the dress
    I went on my own to Switzers in Dublin ( I had SOME notions ) to buy my wedding dress
    now it's a BIG occasion but a great chance to meet the outlaws.
    I hired mine when I married Mr JC.........my first wedding my Nana made mine and my bridesmaids (I got married the first time 2 days after my 19th birthday). Actually that lasted 7/8 years then I cottoned on he was shagging my best friend. I left him ..

Jenny's just going to get any alterations it might need. Then lunch with her future MIL (we've never met her for some reason). Ad's father died donkey's years ago. Ads got two young ones from his first partner (they never married). I should add he didn't leave her for Jenny...............his ex kicked him out when she found a new one bloke. His mum is going to get a bit of a shock when she meets our rabble.
    Last edited by JackieClaire; May 31, 2022, 02:21 AM.
    It could be worse, I could be filing.
    AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Evening ladies.

Originally posted by mollyka View Post
      Morning Tabbers oh man of few words ;-) all okay? (It's hard to tell!!)
      Indeed hard to tell!

Originally posted by rustop59 View Post
      Morning everyone

Cottage very basic so he agreed with hubby we are probably as well to knock and rebuild, not much difference in price. How are things with you Tabs?
      I am fine thank you both. I am touched that folks here ask that question, one never knows who may be struggling with this despite outside appearances.

Rustop I would think very carefully about knocking down and rebuilding, bound to take twice as long and cost far more than is estimated, not even considering the crazy upward spiral of costs right now both in terms of building materials and labor. Do it up would be my advice, I have done both options in my time.
      Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

Morning,
        In the queue for the bath room. Off on our jaunt to York shortly when himself gets himself out of the bathroom.

[MENTION=21798]Tabbers (a.k.a. KTAB)[/MENTION] wish we saw more of you. You're another gentle soul.

Must go its my turn for the bathroom. We'd get shot if we're not on time for this dress thing.
        It could be worse, I could be filing.
        AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Evening all.
          Back from shaggin' dentist. A crown to save my heavily filled back tooth.
          1.5 hours in the chair waiting for him to hit a nerve.
          He didn't inkele:
          My purse is 800 euro lighter - a joke.
          If I wasn't working the few days I do - NO WAY could I afford that.
          It's no wonder everyone over 70 here has false teeth.

Comment

Afternoon everyone

Enjoy your day JC. Ouch Satz, I am just waiting for that to happen to me. Lots of heavily filled teeth. Was ok at last check up but better get saving.

Work week nearly over. Taking the Tuesday after bank holiday off so I am off now for nearly two weeks. Looking forward to the break

Comment

Originally posted by satz123 View Post
              Evening all.
              Back from shaggin' dentist. A crown to save my heavily filled back tooth.
              1.5 hours in the chair waiting for him to hit a nerve.
              He didn't inkele:
              My purse is 800 euro lighter - a joke.
              If I wasn't working the few days I do - NO WAY could I afford that.
              It's no wonder everyone over 70 here has false teeth.
              My beloved husband has every tooth in his head and has had one filling his entire life! Have to say mine are OK but lost a couple having babies ..had couple implants....I would remortgage my house rather than have false teeth ...couldn't bear it.
              Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
              contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Originally posted by rustop59 View Post
                Afternoon everyone

Enjoy your day JC. Ouch Satz, I am just waiting for that to happen to me. Lots of heavily filled teeth. Was ok at last check up but better get saving.

Work week nearly over. Taking the Tuesday after bank holiday off so I am off now for nearly two weeks. Looking forward to the break
                Nice one Rusters...Will you go down to Mayo?

Comment

Late check in, sorry and thanks for replys to my woes!!
                  [MENTION=22839]brit[/MENTION], 10k wow, your back. That's amazing. Stops or not, it's still 10k! Bet you felt fantastic..

Molly, himself is 56, 57 later this year. Yep, having him around is going to be more challenging as time goes on.. I'd say its driving me to drink, but that wouldn't be v funny here -thankfully not quite there yet.

Tabbers, I sort of disagree, if no redeemable features, rip down the house Rustop!! We did both, renovated a cottage and built on, about twice the size, to the rear. Nice to keep the features, but much more costly to renovate our mass concrete cottage. Loads to consider mind you, that would just our experience.

Bought my own wedding dress too, 3 months before the wedding. I didn't want all the fuss.. it was just a white cotton dress and we put on wellies for the photos :haha:
                  You'll have a great day [MENTION=7008]JackieClaire[/MENTION].. so what are your wearing!!

Ouch [MENTION=9094]satz123[/MENTION], how can 800 quid be justified. I had a false tooth once and I couldn't hack it. Ended up paying the billions for root canals and crowns and my dentists trip to the Bahamas..
                  Last edited by IamMary; May 31, 2022, 06:36 PM.
                  AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

Originally posted by IamMary View Post

Ouch @satz123, how can 800 quid be justified. I had a false tooth once and I couldn't hack it. Ended up paying the billions for root canals and crowns and my dentists trip to the Bahamas..
                    :hahaha:
                    Only he's so nice I'd have kicked him in the shins yesterday.
                    It's a bloody joke Mers.
                    Though I've checked & I can get 50% from the rip off that is our Private Health Care.

Bought my own wedding dress too, 3 months before the wedding. I didn't want all the fuss.. it was just a white cotton dress and we put on wellies for the photos :haha:
                    How very 'New Age Hippy' of you

Last edited by satz123; June 1, 2022, 07:03 AM.

Comment

Try June thread ;-)

Comment

Working...
                      X