Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: May Army 2022

Morning,
    [MENTION=8529]mollyka[/MENTION].............while Mr JC didn't cry but he told me about six/nine months into this quit that he used to drive home and the nearer home he got his anxiety would build wondering what state I'd be in when he got home. He didn't tell me until I was about a year in too.

My kids pointed out that I had more alkie friends than 'ordinary' people. One of them is someone I was convinced he would die and bumped into him at the a New Year's Eve party.............my first words were 'I thought you were dead'. Turned out he'd been to re-hab, then AA and actually listened not twiddled his fingers waiting for the finish so he could get to the pub/shops.
    Just remembered a phrase I heard when I was at AA..................'take the cotton wool out of your ears and put it in your mouth and listen' He's now 3 years plus sober.

[MENTION=9094]satz123[/MENTION].......I truly hope this de-tox sticks.

Better get a shift on. All we've got is a tub of moldy Parmesan in the fridge.
    It could be worse, I could be filing.
    AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Evening all...well the joint birthday party went off brilliantly..Sun shone...beautiful food..and all the family around us....from elder statesman Joe...70(almost) to baby Bobby thriving and all the big and little'uns in between...very special day...full as an egg and tired but happy!
      Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
      contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

I don't know what to say or do anymore.
        An ex girlfriend of his just rang ( she's married with kids now ) and said he was over there annoying her & even went into the hall where the kids were at dance classes & they were terrified,
        The police were called but he had gone by then.

I expect a police car to pull up here any time now. Has never happened before and has to be my worst nightmare.
        I feel like I'm talking about someone else - totally detached from us.
        NONE of my family of MrS family have ever been involved with police - Jesus.

Looking at him the last 2 days he was acting very oddly - out of charactar even for an alko. So I think whie I thought he was only taking the pills - he was mixing pills & alcohol .
        He collected the Librium today while I was at work & I think he may have taken them + she said he was drinking a bottle of vodka.
        If he does turn up I'll have to drag him to Mater hospital & check him in for a detox.

Sorry for the epic bad news every night - but it helps to get it down

Comment

Night everyone

Glad that we can at least be here for you to do that Satz. Truly awful situation and could happen to any of us. Thinking of you :hug: Glad the birthday celebrations went well Molly. Another busy but productive day but we drove into the nearest big town tonight, about 20 minutes away and had a lovely meal. Stuffed to the gills and off to bed now.

Comment

Hi all. Confirmation day done, all went great. We got loads of house jobs done over the past few days (that'll be it until one of the kids gets married!) and new kitchen fed and entertained about 25, just family. Am v tired now.

Delighted with your news [MENTION=22839]brit[/MENTION]! We have to keep up with Techie now!!

I am so very sorry to hear your news [MENTION=9094]satz123[/MENTION]. Its devastating and sounds like he's getting worse, confused, on something maybe. There's no answer, he can't see the hurt he's causing when he's off the wagon. Would the libruim and vodka not make him v sick? Rather than weird behaviour?
            Hope your minding yourself?
            Last edited by IamMary; May 7, 2022, 06:47 PM.
            AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

Morning,
              [MENTION=9094]satz123[/MENTION]...............don't you apologise for getting it off your chest. It must be a fecking nightmare for you and Mr. S. We're here for you and only you. :hug:

Up early so we can go and see the lion statues they've put up in town. According to my best mate they're awesome.............we'll see

We've also got to find some photos of the a young S&H.................we're guessing its for Mrs S&H's baby shower. I remember sorting them out donkey's years ago but cannot for the life of me remember were I put all the old photos.
              AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Originally posted by JackieClaire View Post
                Morning,
                [MENTION=9094]satz123[/MENTION]...............don't you apologise for getting it off your chest. It must be a fecking nightmare for you and Mr. S. We're here for you and only you. :hug:

Up early so we can go and see the lion statues they've put up in town. According to my best mate they're awesome.............we'll see

We've also got to find some photos of the a young S&H.................we're guessing its for Mrs S&H's baby shower. I remember sorting them out donkey's years ago but cannot for the life of me remember were I put all the old photos.
                Constant request here,baby pics for holy projects. I must remember where I store them for future requests! Couldn't even fob them off with pics of each other as all different hair colours, although the girls could pass for twins now, despite the 3 year gap.

Hope the statues are awesome :happy2:

Another gorgeous day here, you'll be making the most of it again Rustop!

Hope today is less stressful [MENTION=9094]satz123[/MENTION]. Yes rant away.. wish I had a magic wand. Liveline was good on Friday, woman with a food and alcohol addiction, couldn't get out and about, too big. Lots of chat about online AA meetings, they're on constantly.
                Last edited by IamMary; May 8, 2022, 05:02 AM.
                AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

Evening everyone

Back from the west and going to bed in a little while. It has been an exhausting few days but very productive, we will be able to stay in it next time. Very basic so it is glamping. We have cold water, a clean toilet and electricity. Hope you are ok Satz. Take care of yourself. Waves to everyone else.

Comment

Hi all...I'm replacing Rusters down west...productive day here too...gardening...and more gardening...I'm aching in every joint! Great you have the cottage stayable in Rusters...once you're watertight and have a loo...not much more needed this time of year...warm weather is just so much easier all round.

Oh Benjy...what can I say? I sort of agree with Mary..it's strange behaviour for booze and benzo's together...only time I ever did it ...and it was inadvertent...I just fell asleep...just hoping it comes to a head now and something gets sorted...it's a terrible disease...the lad I was telling ye about a while back that had the fit on the way to Spain with Joe and a pal...he was a civil servant ..and his last job was private secretary to the Garda Commissioner...thanks to our lovely friend 'drink' he spends half his life answering the door to the gárdai....how mortifying that should be for him but he's oblivious...saying mammy prayers for you and him xxx

Comment

We had a proper summer day. It was hot with a gentle breeze. Dog heaven for Mikey as there were loads of dogs that needed a good sniffing.

Found the photos straight off ( a miracle ) spent a couple of hours going through them. Got what was needed for the S&H and found my christening photos as well as a photo of me and my brother.............I must have been 5 and my brother must have been about 10 months. I may get a copy done and give it to him for his birthday.

And the lions were awesome..............BORN FREE FOREVER: NEWCASTLE

Blooming dog tired with all this fresh air so I'll say goodnight and leave a special :hug: for our Satsuma.
                      Last edited by JackieClaire; May 8, 2022, 03:32 PM.
                      AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Evening folks late check in, mega busy at the moment. Benji words fail me.
                        Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

Good morning Army.

Hoping for better news regarding YS Satz, Such a mess for you and your family.

Now I have a diagnosis I can get travel insurance so I am looking tentatively at holiday options. Very nervous about planning a holiday by myself.

Comment

Originally posted by brit View Post
                            Good morning Army.

Hoping for better news regarding YS Satz, Such a mess for you and your family.

Now I have a diagnosis I can get travel insurance so I am looking tentatively at holiday options. Very nervous about planning a holiday by myself.
                            Go for it MrsA....I've had a few holidays on my own or with small children and it's wonderful! In Mayo with rubbish WiFi....roll on broadband!!

Comment

Morning,
                              [MENTION=22839]brit[/MENTION]................just a thought but why not try some of those organised days out on your own then go bigger? Just a thought not an order :happy2:
                              AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Afternoon everyone

It is a matter of getting used to doing it alone after being part of a couple [MENTION=22839]brit[/MENTION]. There was a lady on our hike last week who goes off on her own and joins group activities. She climbed Kilimanjaro earlier this year.

Hope things are ok Satz. Lucky you Molly. Can’t wait to get back to Mayo again. Nearly went mad in the middle isle of Aldi yesterday. Settled with paint brushes and a tin of furniture paint.

Raining here today which is a pain after all the sun yesterday.

Comment

Working...
                                X