X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What do we think of this

https://uk.yahoo.com/style/hangover-prevention-pill-drinking-140747606.html

Re: What do we think of this

In my many many years of very heavy drinking, I've discovered that the only cure for a hangover is... not drinking in the first place (or drinking a lot less).

Comment

Originally posted by Mulburry View Post
      In my many many years of very heavy drinking, I've discovered that the only cure for a hangover is... not drinking in the first place (or drinking a lot less).
      I know. Just saying.. anything that helps must be good news.

Comment

Comment

Just an excuse to drink too much. I rather stick to what I am doing to prevent hangovers. And its by not drinking alcohol. That is the best hangover cure and works 100% without drugs.
          I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Also doing it for me. I got to stay sober for me.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Comment

Hi Kev,

The fact remains for me that i'd still be escaping, numbing, removing myself from the present, unavailable to others and myself whilst boozing (hangover or not). I don't want to run or escape reality anymore on a regular basis like i used to. If i want to do that, i go to nature and get lost in it for a real mindful high escape. No more numbing for me as life is too short. Hope you're well my friend.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Originally posted by scotskev81 View Post
              I know. Just saying.. anything that helps must be good news.
              Hi Kev!

Not meaning to be argumentative here, but what exactly does it help?

If you drink too much on a regular basis, you damage all your major organs - liver, lungs, heart, not to mention stomach issues and other health problems that will arise. If our goal is to break our bad habit of drinking too much or to stop drinking altogether so as to start a healthier life style, this pill is not the answer. Personally, I think it is exactly the opposite. Gives us a way to keep poisoning our bodies without having the horrible result of a hangover the next day to remind us the damage we are doing to ourselves. To me, this is a train wreck waiting to happen!!!

Kev, I hope that at some point you decide whether or not you really want to stop drinking and can be at peace with your decision.

Best of luck...
              For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
              AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

Originally posted by Guitarista View Post
                Hi Kev,

The fact remains for me that i'd still be escaping, numbing, removing myself from the present, unavailable to others and myself whilst boozing (hangover or not). I don't want to run or escape reality anymore on a regular basis like i used to. If i want to do that, i go to nature and get lost in it for a real mindful high escape. No more numbing for me as life is too short. Hope you're well my friend.
                :applause2:

Comment

Originally posted by scotskev81 View Post
                  https://uk.yahoo.com/style/hangover-prevention-pill-drinking-140747606.html
                  It's rubbish. If you have a hangover you've drank too much.
                  You've started to damage your liver, kidneys, brain, and pretty much every cell in the body.
                  Having this pill will enable you to continue that.

I'm guessing that the '81' on your user name is the year you were born?
                  You are young (ish) the same age as my son - who is a chronic alcoholic bent on killing himself with the amount of alcohol he drinks.
                  He has lost everything. Jobs, girlfriends, homes , his dignity & self-worth.
                  You are here questioning trying for an easy way to keep drinking but you still have a chance now to stop ....... my son hasn't - he has gone too far. There will be no easy way for him.

Comment

It's rubbish. If you have a hangover you've drank too much.
                    You've started to damage your liver, kidneys, brain, and pretty much every cell in the body.
                    That being said, you can also do major damage to your body when not feeling hungover. If you have a tolerance built up you don't really feel hungover anymore from your regular amount yet the damage adds up even more at that point.

I'm guessing that the '81' on your user name is the year you were born?
                    You are young (ish) the same age as my son - who is a chronic alcoholic bent on killing himself with the amount of alcohol he drinks.
                    I was also born in 81 and I can attest to the fact that alcohol can already do some major damage and cause long lasting health effects (I'm still struggling with some of them 10 months after quitting) even at that age. Sorry about your son, hope he eventually decides to quit; it took close to the point where I had the stark realization that the way I was living was a one way ticket to grave, till I finally managed to kick it.

Comment

Working...
                    X