Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Army August 2022

Good morning everyone

Back to normal here this morning. Hope the spot clears up JC and as the others said we love all the wedding goss as long as we do not have to attend. Wow LC well done to your daughter.

Stayed in that hotel during the winter Molly. Absolutely lovely but the service we got in the restaurant was truly appalling, put me off going back.

Read a book Menopause normally and naturally Starty. Very interesting, must dig it out again. Basically they said that when the ovaries stop producing estrogen and progesterone the adrenal gland takes over to produce balance and if it is sluggish, bad diet, smoking etc you get the symptoms. Recommended all the normal vitamins, c, b etc and definitely the black cohosh. Could not get that here, it’s banned. Am sure the pharma companies had a hand in that. I’ll dig it out and list the vitamins later.

Right better look for a jacket and walk the dogs.

Comment

Morning everyone
      [MENTION=483]Mary[/MENTION] I am off a couple of months now Talking to others, my codeine detox is pretty much similar to others. Nothing like as quick as the medical profession seem to suggest. I had the best nights sleep in forever last night. Used magnesium cream and a spray so not sure if its that but maybe!

LC glad you are going to speak to your doc. What I would suggest is to do your own research and then tell the doc what you want and why. Also check the rules where you are. It might be they only prescribe for libido and say there is no evidence for other benefits. If thats the case, just say you want it for that and dont try and convince them you need it for other benefits as it might be easier. Some docs are quite stubborn in their views :haha:

Rustop, thanks for that. I have been taking general supps for years. B (sublingual) its so important for anxiety and stress etc and C and Zinc for immunity along with a D3 spray. I also take omega 3 (vegan one made from algae) which has worked wonders for my back pain and with the added benefit my hair is softer. Even hair dresser noticed! I have now added magnesium which is transdermal so will see how that goes. Just been out with my boy and its lovely and blowy out there with a bit of mizzle

Have a good one all

Comment

Morning from....somewhere ;-)
        On a lake...got caught in a storm yesterday evening and it was well scary...max sat his whole 34k frame on my knee and wouldn't budge for hours bless him...quite cute. .he was happy then.
        Heading for Camlin River...sort of like a mini Amazon apparently...
        Really must take in some of that info...sleep and anxiety main problems...keep it coming!!!
        Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
        contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Thats v interesting about that book [MENTION=15758]rustop59[/MENTION]. Everyone's experiences seem so different. How does anyone get black cohosh? I must look that up.

Well done [MENTION=22456]starty[/MENTION], I wasn't sure how far you'd come. That's a good chunk under your belt. Nothing like a good night sleep, better than any drug or bottle of booze! Get magnesium into you Molly!!

Don't know Calmin River?

Dublin Marathon on Oct 30th [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION]. We've only travelled to Belfast last year but planning a trip in the new year. They all know I don't drink, but I know it'll be a boozy one (as well as the race we do), which I avoid like the plague.
          Last edited by IamMary; August 17, 2022, 04:43 AM.
          AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

Originally posted by IamMary View Post
            Thats v interesting about that book [MENTION=15758]rustop59[/MENTION]. Everyone's experiences seem so different. How does anyone get black cohosh? I must look that up.

Well done [MENTION=22456]starty[/MENTION], I wasn't sure how far you'd come. That's a good chunk under your belt. Nothing like a good night sleep, better than any drug or bottle of booze! Get magnesium into you Molly!!

Don't know Calmin River?

Dublin Marathon on Oct 30th [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION]. We've only travelled to Belfast last year but planning a trip in the new year. They all know I don't drink, but I know it'll be a boozy one (as well as the race we do), which I avoid like the plague.
            Did magnesium in all shapes and forms...spray on legs. ... all limbs..tablets...seemed to work first night (placebo I guess) zilch after that.the Camlin river is a detour off the Shannon at Tarmonbarry (avoid) and back to Shannon at.. .well at a green dot ;-)

I mentioned Black Cohosh to my doc (the one I trusted that disappeared) and he was adamant not to go there. .just took his word never asked why...mind you he was the first one who rubbished the breast cancer and HRT link.

Right must go...navigating

Comment

black cohosh. Could not get that here, it’s banned. Am sure the pharma companies had a hand in that. I’ll dig it out and list the vitamins later.
              Of course it has ! [MENTION=15758]rustop59[/MENTION] The cynic in me has to agree with you.
              Big pharma / big food they dictate what we consume.

Comment

Nutritional supplements

Vit E
                Boron
                Essential fatty acids
                Vit C
                Vit A
                L Tryptophan
                Gamma-oryzanol
                Vit B
                Iprifavone

It was a Canadian book so could not get some of them here so just used the ones I could get.

Mentioned these for relief

Black cohosh
                Dong quai
                Licorice
                Panax ginseng (Chinese or Korean ginsing)

Again looked for the black cohosh and could not find it but between taking the vitamins and exercise think I got away fairly lightly. Know at the beginning when I was around 51 I stopped taking the vitamins one summer and started getting hot flushes but once I started taking them again they disappeared.

Everyone is different. Originally I would have said I had little or no symptoms but after reading your posts yesterday it definitely could have caused anxiety/depression which led to heavy drinking, just never associated the two. Always say you were a smart girl to stop as early as you did Mary.

Comment

ohhhh L Tryptophan I remember getting a supplement that had that + magnesium and that was a huge breakthrough in the sleeping problem. I slept very well after taking that.
                  It's an amino acid found in milk & turkey that we all know help with sleep. But you'd have to eat a LOT of turkey to get the benefit.

Here ya go 3 in 1

Buy Tryptophan with Magnesium + Vitamin B6 6 tablets Ana Maria Lajusticia | Naturitas
                  Last edited by satz123; August 17, 2022, 11:22 AM.

Comment

Might try that

Comment

Thats quite a list Rustop! Thank you.

I haven't heard of all of them, but have heard of Ltryptophan. They stopped selling it for a while when 1 batch was found to cause liver damage quite a few years ago. 5HTP is a precursor of tryptophan and I think its also good. I tried it but it didn't do what I wanted. Maybe I didn't give it enough chance though.

I would love to have oodles of money and try all these things. At the moment I am also taking ashwagandha which is an adaptogenic herb. Supposed to help with sleep if you you need it and tiredness if you dont! Hence adapting to whatever your body needs.

Comment

That link you posted looks good Satz. Very reasonable prices

Comment

Good morning everyone

Quick check in before I run out the door. Hope you did not have any more storms Molly. What was Camolin river like? Sounds like you had an eventful week.

Thanks for that link Satz I have saved it. Normally buy online as the health stores charge a fortune. Hope you are doing ok and getting some help with YS.

Waves to Starty, LC, Mary, JC abs anyone else who pops in. Grocery shopping day, oh the excitement! First the dog walk though.

Comment

Morning Rustop and all to come,

Yep same here Rustop, walking then usually grocery shopping but today its afternoon tea! Oh after a drs appt. I actually have to go in face to face this time :egad: much prefer telephone really

Comment

Morning all ....... nothing much to report.
                              CAN'T WAIT for my holiday to Greece 15th September - 2 weeks - heaven.
                              I'll NEVER AGAIN wait this late for a holiday.

Anyone else doing their drinking 'story' for @lifechange.
                              Never know who it will help.
                              I remember being so relieved that I wasn't such a loser - a lost cause - there was hope - there were many more like me out there.

Also good for the author to see how far we've come from that sad / bad half-life.
                              Last edited by satz123; August 18, 2022, 02:38 AM.

Comment

Oh I forgot about that Satz!

OK here goes :haha:

Started drinking very young possibly due to trauma in childhood but quickly discovered drugs at 18 which I preferred. Trying to give up hard drugs early 20s I thought booze was an acceptable alternative. Didn't really consider it an issue (although I think mum was worried) until my 40s I suppose. Had quit a couple of times for a few months which is always a tell tale sign that subconsciously I thought I might be drinking too much. Depression kicked in with a vengeance with my poorly mum and general life stressors and I was drinking way too much in my 40s along with codeine usage although that wasn't yet out of control but it was getting to be a habit. With the depression it got really dark and I was desperate, started looking for online solutions as couldn't admit my drinking to anyone. Reason for this was when I asked my doc for help for my drug problem, he didn't have a clue and just told me if I didn't stop, he would have me sectioned so of course I was terrified and swore never to tell anyone ever again This was in the 80s so I guess it wouldn't happen now. I started anti depressants at this time (mid 40s) which were really helpful although I didn't tell my doc of my drinking. I knew I had a problem as my dad was an alcoholic and always swore I would never get that way. Interestingly, when my mum sought help from a doctor when my dad was at his worst, the doctor said to my mum that the traumatic situation would probably result in me being promiscuous or an alcoholic when I grew up !! Totally unhelpful but probably quite apt I guess. Anyhoo, after looking for some anonymous online communities in my early to mid 40s I came across MWO, I think I was about a week sober when I joined but it was so active with folk from my neck of the woods and just like me that I embraced it wholeheartedly. It became my life for about 7 years and I remained sober although still taking codeine. When a lot of people started leaving MWO I kind of got a bit lost and had a drink again. I guess around 2012 2013 so of course was off again. Not as bad as before but still a habit and I realised how much it affected my mood and depression. So since then I have been on and off since. 2019 when Mr S had his problem, I quit and been sober since. Now I am tackling my codeine issue and life feels very hopeful. Exploring menopause has really made such a difference to my mood and I cannot tell you how good it feels to feel properly happy. Its such a relief and its not a pink cloud like early sobriety, it feels like my mental health is actually on track and gives me head space to tackle other things that might need attention in my life. I am not saying that HRT is a panacea for all ills at all. What I am saying is that its such a relief to realise its not all my fault and maybe, just maybe I am not an awful person for constantly trying to find ways to numb my feelings.

Just to say, I was drinking in the morning etc and would neck half a bottle of wine before even getting my coat off after work. I guess I was drinking about a bottle a day at my worst and then more at weekends including spirits. Gross eh

Sorry for the long convoluted essay!
                                Last edited by starty; August 18, 2022, 03:36 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X