Army August 2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Army August 2022

Evening all...sorry was missing..visitors gone then got stuck into the garden...and then collapsed! Fast asleep on the couch..in bed now. Bloody cars ..I agree Elsie..I had a wee mini as my first car and it had all sorts wrong with it but learnt how to get it going...quite adept at the end but now cars are all just computerised so no chance of ever 'popping the bonnet and having a look'. Hope you get it fixed quick Rusters..our car is almost 15 years old so reckon its days may be numbered!!!
    Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
    contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

So sorry to hear about your mother [MENTION=18725]NoSugar[/MENTION], was it sudden?
      A lovely post, as always :happy2:

Wedding bores are encouraged here, but marathons bore's are not [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION], I'd actuly bore myself (but its oct 30th as you asked :haha

Yes back to school here. Youngest starting secondary next week. She's my organised one. The other 2 are completely horizontal = stress for me!

Originally posted by satz123 View Post
      I'll tell ye Starts - NOTHING ! :haha:
      Cracked me up :welldone:
      Last edited by IamMary; August 24, 2022, 06:13 PM.
      AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

Morning Army,

not so much going on here.. up with the roosters, literally.. one across the street started crowing at 3:30!? crazy cock! i love farm life but could never keep up with what's going on here and i'm afraid my friend is drowning as well.. my daughter and i are doing some things to help but are also having a mini vacation, just cooking and going for walks and talking.. :love:

i have to say, i'm not bored by what any of you have to say!:happy2: i always look forward to signing on and seeing how you all are!
        hope everyone has a lovely Thursday!

Comment

Morning all

Up at 4.45 then back in bed by 6.45 until 9. Lovely! Its pissing down here so perfect for a lazy morning and the first day of my break.

LC, I LOVE crazy cocks :haha: I see one on my walks. Massive white fella strutting his stuff and making a racket. I call him Foghorn Leghorn. Lovely boy.
          I must say your holiday sounds fab too mooching about with the animals.

I keep forgetting to ask Satz, how is your dear old mum?

Comment

[MENTION=22456]starty[/MENTION], what are your plans for your break? you said it's your birthday week, right? on which day?:balloon:

Comment

My birthday is Wednesday next week LC I will be 59 and I am very excited about reaching 60 :haha:

We are planning to go and stay with Mr S parents for a couple of days next week over my birthday. I love going there, we get spoiled rotten and the dogs are very happy there too. Might be scuppered as FIL had a fall earlier this week and ripped all the skin off his shin so is in hospital just now. Hopefully out today or tomorrow. Its horrible seeing them get frailer. We might go to the cinema on Monday to see Elvis which will be lovely. We rarely go out so it will be a treat. Other than that, just chilling and mooching which is great

Comment

Originally posted by starty View Post
                Other than that, just chilling and mooching which is great

Morning everyone

Love chilling and mooching Starty and having hit 60 this year am a lot happier in my skin than I was 20 years ago. My motto now is “not doing anything I do not feel like doing”. Getting very good at totally ignoring hints from people who wish to come stay. Have had no visitors this summer apart from immediate family. Think I was a bit too hospitable in the past.

Going to the cottage again this weekend. Can bring the doggies and while I might do some work there will be a lot of chilling and mooching.

Comment

That sounds lovely, Starty! how nice that you get along so well with your inlaws! we saw Elvis a couple of weeks ago and really liked it.. i didn't really know anything about him and haven't listened so much to his music.. of course i know all the greatest hits.. but was cool to get to know him more!
                  Rusty, i am slooooowly learning how to say no and not do the things i don't want to.. i sure hope i get it perfected by the time i'm 60.. what a relief that would be..:happy2:

Comment

We really dont do anything much and it suits us. Both been so busy with work over the years that now it does feel like a time for chilling out. Walk a lot, see a couple of friends regularly mainly for dog walks. See my brother twice a year and see Mr S parents quite often I guess every couple of months or so (thats often for me!) I like to be at home and not have loads to do every day. My bro is total opposite. I usually speak to him every week and he fills the call with so many places he has been and people he's seen its embarrassing when it comes to my turn :haha:

Comment

Agree Rustop, getting older is definitely easier. Not so much angst I am finding. And care much less about stuff that used to floor me 20 years ago. Dont get me wrong, I still have worries but its different and ultimately I think I feel more accepting of myself.....at times

Comment

hi again Army!

so i've been annoyed on and off the whole day with cravings.. i wrote in the Nest and i've read a lot here and online about addiction today.. occupied myself with my daughter and around the house and i'm on my 3rd 0,0 AF beer.. i'm soooo full and i think it's helping.. i don't WANT the brain fog/drunkenness.. it's just such a habit now that any time i feel bored or stressed or sad, i want to escape the discomfort.. i've said all this a million times but i'm writing it out again to remind myself..
                        some airbnbers just arrived to stay for a week.. they have a male dog who isn't castrated and all over one of the dogs i'm looking after who's in heat.. fun fun! she showed her teeth and growled then high-tailed it inside.. the other one i'm looking after is a 5 month old puppy, same breed as he is, and she's on top of the world, running around like the Tasmanian Devil (wanted to stay with the looney tunes theme today!)

ok.. it's fine now.. thanks for being here.. finally came here and posted BEFORE drinking.. it also helped to play it through to the end..xx

Comment

Originally posted by lifechange View Post
                          hi again Army!

so i've been annoyed on and off the whole day with cravings.. i wrote in the Nest and i've read a lot here and online about addiction today.. occupied myself with my daughter and around the house and i'm on my 3rd 0,0 AF beer.. i'm soooo full and i think it's helping.. i don't WANT the brain fog/drunkenness.. it's just such a habit now that any time i feel bored or stressed or sad, i want to escape the discomfort.. i've said all this a million times but i'm writing it out again to remind myself..
                          some airbnbers just arrived to stay for a week.. they have a male dog who isn't castrated and all over one of the dogs i'm looking after who's in heat.. fun fun! she showed her teeth and growled then high-tailed it inside.. the other one i'm looking after is a 5 month old puppy, same breed as he is, and she's on top of the world, running around like the Tasmanian Devil (wanted to stay with the looney tunes theme today!)

ok.. it's fine now.. thanks for being here.. finally came here and posted BEFORE drinking.. it also helped to play it through to the end..xx
                          Well done Elsie.. and if needs be eat something and just go to bed if anymore cravings...they are temporary ..remember that ...it gets easier by the day so don't forget that xxx

Comment

Molly, have to say i ate everything but the kitchen sink today!! and it helped.. and of course, at the end of the day, i say THANK GOD i didn't drink!!

Comment

Originally posted by lifechange View Post
                              Molly, have to say i ate everything but the kitchen sink today!! and it helped.. and of course, at the end of the day, i say THANK GOD i didn't drink!!
                              and can you just imagine how happy you are going to be when you wake up in the morning!!! none of those feelings of disgust --- well done again xxx

Comment

Amazing LC! Doing this is reinforcing your learning to live without alc and finding your ways of coping. Wonderful!

Comment

Working...
                                X