Army August 2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Army August 2022

ha!! i'm also last minute if i'm the only one involved! if a guy's involved and he's last minute it stresses me out! control thing probably.. i'm leaving Wednesday afternoon for Poland till Saturday and i have 2 days of work and quite a few things to "get done" ahead of time. but they are things that i can leave if necessary as i WON'T put myself under stress at this point! and i'm taking my laptop with me so i can check in here mornings and evenings!

Molly, your trip sounds amazing! adventures!! i would love to do something like that.. romantic sleeping together on a boat!:love:

so it's only 20:17 but i'm beat so i'm heading to bed with a book..

lovely evening to all of you still..
    Last edited by lifechange; August 8, 2022, 01:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by lifechange View Post
      ha!! i'm also last minute if i'm the only one involved! if a guy's involved and he's last minute it stresses me out! control thing probably.. i'm leaving Wednesday afternoon for Poland till Saturday and i have 2 days of work and quite a few things to "get done" ahead of time. but they are things that i can leave if necessary as i WON'T put myself under stress at this point! and i'm taking my laptop with me so i can check in here mornings and evenings!

Molly, your trip sounds amazing! adventures!! i would love to do something like that.. romantic sleeping together on a boat!:love:

so it's only 20:17 but i'm beat so i'm heading to bed with a book..

lovely evening to all of you still..
      Sleep tight lovely Elsie -- you are truly sounding brighter already --- it creeps up on you you know -- suddenly you wake up one day and it's lunchtime before you even think about quitting or not quitting or having thoughts -- and then... it can be the whole day and before you know it -- it's irrelevant -- it truly truly is... it doesn't in any way shape or form have any affect on my life -- whereas a few years ago -- it was the centre of my life.

Love Poland and the Polish people --- they are very like the Irish imo -- a bit lawless -- great fun -- and hate being told what to do!!! Have been to Warsaw which is just lovely (considering it was levelled in the last war) and Krakow was just so interesting -- had a few great hols over there.

Going to bed early myself - getting up at sparrow fart as Starty so succinctly puts it ;-) and I just am NOT a morning person!
      Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
      contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Originally posted by mollyka View Post
        Going to bed early myself - getting up at sparrow fart as Starty so succinctly puts it ;-) and I just am NOT a morning person!
        Evening everyone

You have no need to be most of the time Molly. Remember you are now retired. Enjoy the Shannon, never did it but did the equivalent on the thousand islands in Canada. Very relaxing vacation.

You are doing brilliant LC, great to see you back. Enjoy the visitors and the lead up to the wedding of the year JC. Never had withdrawals Satz so no help to you.

How is the Gaelteacht going Mary?

Beautiful island here with loads to do. Went whale/dolphin watching yesterday and a private tour today with two shorter hikes.Game fishing tomorrow and then home Wednesday. Really feel I’ve had a break.

Comment

Morning!!!

you'll be up at my favourite time of day, Molly!! i'd make you a tea if i were closer..
          sounds like a fabulous vacation, Rusty! enjoy the rest of your time.

hope everyone has a nice Tuesday.. see you this afternoon!

Comment

Well on the way through very foggy Mayo...sun trying to burst through ...gorgeous looking at the fog half way up the mountains and the peaks coming through. Waiting for me tea Elsie:applouse:

Comment

Morning all ....... we are at 'stalemate with YS. Waiting for him to be somewhat 'normal' again to discuss what he has decided to do.

Meanwhile I'm not sitting around any longer - we are off for a hike today in Wicklow avec picnic & Rosie :yay:

Comment

Morning,

I'll send the tea lady round.
                It could be worse, I could be filing.
                AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

In other news..................the front door lock is fecked. Managed to get it to lock .......................I had visions of one of us sleeping by the door. So anyone nipping round use the back door. A man that can will be coming to fix it...............don't know when though.

Sorry to be a bore but at the moment my brain is full of wedding at the moment. Himself came in last nigh chuffed to bits that his shoes were picked up. His jacket hasn't arrived yet.........when I had a minor hizzy fit.....he just shrugged his shoulders. He's so laid back he's going to fall over. He's 6'4" (not sure what the metric is) so difficult to get his size.
                  I've had a phone call from my SIL to ask if they had a wedding gift list.....................fecked if I know. We didn't get an invite so haven't a clue. Pointed her to Jenny.

I've got the lady who does my nails is coming round shortly. A lovely break from the wedding crap.
                  It could be worse, I could be filing.
                  AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Night everyone

Really don’t envy you all the wedding sh.... JC. Hope Molly is cruising down the Shannon and Satz made it back from Wicklow ok. Fishing today and nothing caught. Flying back tomorrow so better pack.

Waves to everyone, hope all is well.

Comment

Not in Shannon till Friday but came to Dublin and they all appeared in Jillys for a surprise bbq and party for my birthday...lovely all 6 of the grandkids and all...I was very touched. Officially a pensioner as of this week!
                      Safe journey home Rusters and Jacks...it'll be over soon.....oooooommmmmm ;-) xx

Comment

Originally posted by mollyka View Post
                        Officially a pensioner as of this week!
                        Do you get yer Pension from today Molls & bus pass ? Jesus did you ever think we'd see the day ? :egad:

Comment

Originally posted by satz123 View Post
                          Do you get yer Pension from today Molls & bus pass ? Jesus did you ever think we'd see the day ? :egad:
                          Horrified! Still think I'm a child hippy of the 70's...

Comment

Morning Army!

how sweet of the family, Molly, to plan a surprise party! and congrats on officially being a pensioner, you lucky dog!! and thank goodness your long sober so that you can really enjoy the time.. my dad is one who used to be so fit and active, running marathons, hiking for weeks in the Grand Canyon, etc., loved his job, loved his wine and whiskey and managed to keep it all under control as long as he had to be responsible at work.. retired and now for years just sits in front of the tv or fb, drinking and living in nostalgia.. it's really sad and another reason for me to kick this alcoholism in the ass..

Jackie, good luck and lots of strong nerves for the countdown!!
                            Satz, how was your hike?
                            Lovely last day of vacay, Rusty!!

running off to work!!

Comment

at what age can you retire in Ireland? seems like they keep putting it up here!!

Comment

66 now...they tried to up it to 67 but there was a revolution...'off with their heads'!!!:welldone: your poor Dad and I believe it happens to lots of people on retirement...tbh I don't know where you'd find the time...

Morning all...another glorious day here...we had to bring Max cos the kennels were full but he's been a very good boy!

Comment

Working...
                                X