Super Sober Shout Out Sunday! October 9th, 2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Super Sober Shout Out Sunday! October 9th, 2022

I'd like to see a big SUPER SOBER SHOUTY OUTY from members who have been here a while, those starting out again or those just starting out for the very first time.........don't forget to shout LOUD AND PROUD!

Don't be shy and give it a try, remember each and every one of us here started with a day one!!!!

SHOUT IT LOUD AND SHOUT IT PROUD. STAY STRONG AND KEEP THINKING POSITIVE ONE AND ALL. LET'S GIVE OUR BEST TOGETHER

By using the time and date app........ you'll know whether you've a roundy number or not a roundy number..........Date Duration Calculator: Days Between Dates

For me (Sunday) it is 2826 days from the start date to the end date, or 7 years, 8 months, and 27 days including the end date.
    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Re: Super Sober Shout Out Sunday! October 9th, 2022

One day short of two years. So so grateful for what I have found.
    Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

Me too Tabbers.
      Result: 3395 days

I know I'm not directly responsible ..... I'm beginning to realize as a parent who drank even when the kids were small ....... that it had an influence on my son and his issues now with alcoholism.
      This was also in the back of my head when I decided to quit. But I now believe the seed was already sown by then

Both my children had the same upbringing - but Young Satz (son) is more me than his father.
      We like all the same books, tv , food.

He subconsciously, over the years, emulated a lot of what I do. Kids are like sponges so we should be wary.

Unfortunately quitting alcohol hasn't rubbed off on him YET.... maybe soon ..............

Comment

Congrats Ktab, i have no regrets being sober, so many when i drank.

3234 days or 8 years 10 months and 8 days.

Satz, my kids had two drinkers in the family and two who struggle at times. I try and show them how good it is to be sober and like you, hope that it rubs off.
        AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Huge congrats on those 2 years KTab!
          Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
          Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
          Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

I am thankful that none of my four kids took after me in the drinking department, but you can tell that they grew up around an alcoholic father. Thankfully they stood beside me and supported me in my attempts to get sober even though I didn't deserve it.

Comment

220 weeks

Some of us sure seem to “take” to alcohol more so than others, and the trait does seem to run through families.

Huge congratulations to you, KTab, on celebrating 2 full years AF! That was hard won for you to get back to continuous sobriety -and it shows that there is still hope for young Satz.
              Last edited by Slo; October 9, 2022, 08:08 AM.
              Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.

Comment

3366 days just 29 days behind Satz and the aim is to stay that way.
                I used the Sinclair Method to beat my alcoholic drinking.

Drank within safe limits for almost 2 years

AF date 22/07/13

Comment

Thanks folks.
                  Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

Working...
                  X