Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: December Army 2022

Good morning everyone

Safe travels Molly. Are you taking Max? Perfect excuse if he is in the car. Lashing rain here but better than ice.

Busy day ahead. Veg shop and picking up the turkey and ham this morning. Did not get walk in because of the rain.

Met some of my neighbours in Mayo last weekend. There is a young family up the road so popped in with a box of sweets. Lovely girl, gave me her phone number and said call if I needed anything. Met a few others during the summer but they were men.

Comment

No..no Max...he's holidaying in kennels ...tbh he's a bit lunatic so in Jill's wee house it just wouldn't work..its only a couple days so he'll get his present when we get home ;-)
      Can't get over how friendly everyone is in Mayo but they don't want to live in your ear either.

Heading up now so will text D shortly to see if she's there..
      Car jammed with stuff...apparently Tilly told Jill she was more excited bout granny and grandad coming than Santa....too lovely:heartbeat:
      Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
      contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Originally posted by mollyka View Post
        Car jammed with stuff...apparently Tilly told Jill she was more excited bout granny and grandad coming than Santa....too lovely:heartbeat:
        Ahh that’s lovely, you really do have the best of both worlds.

Yes agree about the friendliness. I see it every time we go down. I’m originally from Mayo/Roscommon border but have been gone for years. Really notice it now that I am back.

Comment

Evening folks...landed in Dublin..went to my sister and she was so appreciative I was delighted I went...met the girls then for lunch the unloaded the car and parked my bones on the couch...lovely day...tomorrow may be busier ;-)
          Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
          contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Wishing you all a VERY Merry Christmas x
            “Outside of a dog a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read”

Comment

Originally posted by techie View Post
              Same to you [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] and wishing you many many more of them !! :heart:

Comment

Great to saw your sister Molly, hope your having a fab night now.

Satz, can you delay 'Santa' with the 4 of you until DD gets back? YS home yet?

Rustop, your all organised now!
                I ended up in IKEA at 7 this evening. Totally empty!

Visiting inlaws and food prep tomorrow. exhausting, but nearly there..

Had a great at sleep last night (melatonin as daughters friends were all here and I just had to much to do today). Will see how tonight goes...

Night all..
                Last edited by IamMary; December 23, 2022, 08:09 PM.
                AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

Morning all!

Lovely that the trip to your sisters went without a hitch molls. I am sure she will be touched that you are thinking of her

Re dog hair and vacs. I have a sharp cleaner. It is excellent for excessive dog hair (yesterday had to empty it twice) but hair gets tangled round the brush and elsewhere so always have to clean it after use. Good but a pain in the arse.

Off for an early walk in a bit then to my brothers for the day. He lives a couple of hours away so will be back this eve. Cannot take the dogs and one of my boys had a go at one of his when they last met so my friend will pop in a couple of times to ours while we are away. Tomorrow just the two of us cooking and watching films. I think it'll be nice. Be delighted when its all done though :haha:

Have the best Christmas everyone xx

Comment

Awake at Cock-Crow this morning.
                    Rosie literally has me shoved to the side of the bed. She curls up and slots herself into my back not from love but for warmth. More of a cat than a dog :haha:

Molls your few days sounds lovely - yer on yer holliers Enjoy.

@IamMary don't stress - 'tis one day and people remember who was there & the craic rather than lumps in the mash.
                    I KNOW I KNOW - if you are making dinner you want it to be perfect.

We will move the whole shebang to next weekend with Santa and the full Christmas Dinner on New Year's Eve instead. Already I know it will be less pressure because it's not on THE day....... Nonsense really.
                    @JackieClaire @Tabbers (a.k.a. KTAB) check in :checkin:
                    - tell us how things are going in your neck of the woods.

YS is in touch by text - if I text him first. I check in to make sure he is alive. I suspect he is holed up in his grandmother's house.
                    He said he'd deffo be home for Christmas morning 'cos his sister can't be here - but that was just another fantasy.
                    If I'm honest I think I'd prefer not to see him if he's drinking - it's just too sad.
                    Last edited by satz123; December 24, 2022, 12:37 AM.

Comment

XPost [MENTION=22456]starty[/MENTION] - then had to go back & delete your name from call-out )

Comment

Originally posted by starty View Post
                        Morning all!

Be delighted when its all done though :haha:
                        Me too [MENTION=22456]starty[/MENTION]. Only because I actually broke my own embargo on shopping yesterday & joined the throngs in Liffey Valley Shopping Centre.
                        Seeing lovely things and almost inventing people to give it to :haha:

Buying absolutely unneeded stuff. Like a "Ring of Jewelled Pork Stuffing' in M&S .......
                        ............When I prefer homemade sage & onion stuffing anyway.

'Nuff said.

Comment

Good morning everyone

Glad you got to see your sister Molly. Enjoy those grandkids. Have a nice day at your brothers Starty. It is only one day and will be over before we know it. You were brave going near a shopping centre Satz, although Liffey valley is not the worst.

Like you Mary, today is all prep for me. Although did a bit yesterday. I boiled the ham, will glaze and put in oven today and we have it for dinner tonight. Going to walk the dogs this morning first. Happy Christmas everyone.

Comment

Afternoon,
                            Gloom first I've got an aged Aunt is on her way to meet her maker. From my Dad's side of the family, my Nana and Grandpa had 8 children. Two boys followed by six girls

Mr. JC has just gone to deliver some pressies. We've wrapped so many pressies I've just found some sellotape stuck to my bottom of my trousers. Of course he's wearing a Santa hat. I'm surprised you didn't hear the gigantic sigh when we finished.

We used to have a Dyson (got it cheap as my friend worked there and she got a discount). When that conked out and she'd left the firm so we bought another one. Its cordless and dead easy to use. Brilliant for a molting dog.

Making the most of not having to all the prep for tomorrow. So glad we're going down to Jenny & Ads they can panic for a change.
                            It could be worse, I could be filing.
                            AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Originally posted by techie View Post
                              And the same to you, techie and your family.................Have one of these :hug:
                              It could be worse, I could be filing.
                              AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Well it's just me, MrS & Rosie and I'm sad about that.
                                YS text to say he was sorry but he was still trying to get sober so wouldn't be home yet. Dunno where he is.

HAPPY CHRISTMAS ARMY
                                + anyone who drops in !!
                                :sohappy:

Comment

Working...
                                X