Well, here I am again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, here I am again

Many years ago I found this place at this time of the year. Many sober days, inspiration from plenty of great posters here like G-man and now I am back in the place I was when I first found the site damn it.
    Self employed and make an OK living and work by myself so have no employees. I have the opportunity to get lazy and put something off until tomorrow and no one is on my back. Single of course because the marriage didn't work out. Musician on the side and musical technique suffering at the mo.

My goal is to have 2023 be completely AF. Can anyone out there write up their success story for inspiration because that's what I need right now.
    2023 - focus, getting it done, and living the way it should be and being the person I need to be.

Re: Well, here I am again

I lost a lot of weight after I went AF.
    I’m divorced now too, but being solidly AF for a good while enabled me to get a good settlement. Imagine how it could have gone if I was the alcoholic spouse? Especially if I had ended up in legal trouble from it?
    I can be counted on to drive anyone anywhere, anytime now!
    Many little grandchildren have sprouted into existence since I got sober, and I am fully trusted by their parents to be able to babysit them.

It is worth it!
    Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.

Comment

Welcome back allswell. I remember you. I hope you make 2023 and beyond a sober and fulfilling time. Sending you light and prayer!
      “Outside of a dog a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read”

Comment

Hello & welcome back allswell!

You know this is a good place, it’s helped me & hundreds of others meet their AF goals.
        Make a good working plan for yourself. Visit the https://www.mywayout.org/community/j...-tool-box.html for some great ideas to help you make your plan. Commit yourself to your quit & take good care of yourself. Post in the Newbies Nest thread for lots of support.

You can do this & wishing you the best

Lav
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09
        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Welcome back Allswell

One day at a time and being accountable each and every day on MWO is the way to go. Happily just celebrated 9 years sober and life has changed for the better. Job promotion, no anxiety, foster dogs for fun and love, happily single, no debt. I have never regretted getting sober, it was probably one of the hardest things i have achieved and the most rewarding. Alcohol is not my friend and definitely did me no favours.

As Lav said, head to one of the threads and settle in, we are all here to support and help.

take care and Happy 2023.
          AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Yo A Dubbya!

Good to see you taking back your precious life.

3 solo guitar tours of Sth. America in the last 4 years, including recording an album there in February 2022. i don't mind bragging now and then, however i mention it here in the context of your post and situation. This is a direct result of living booze free 24/7. If i were boozing, it'd just be another great idea and dream on hold with zero chance of action until i was together and confident enough to follow through.

I find a daily morning plan i can handle to be key to success. e.g. it might be a minimum commitment to a daily 5 minute walk, then eating real food that will energise and rebuild you, 5 minutes of reading or podcast that will grow you. Say thank you to the stars, a tree, yourself, a God of choice first thing every morning, last thing at night. Commit to 90 days. OR.......Just do one thing you have to do each day, and one thing you enjoy doing (healthy) each day. Take it from there my friend. Go git it and be gentle on yourself. x

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Thank you everyone for the kind words. I know what I need to do and how to do it yet once three or four months in on a quit I can't think of anything else but getting a full stock for "just one night" with my promise to myself I'll go back to clean living the next day. Of course all hell breaks loose and a month later back to zero. I need to make the mental connection that there is absolutely no benefit to alcohol at all and make it forever. I'm going to stay close to this site and use other tools to try to break that 4 month cycle because at the same time I can't think of anything else but drinking I also feel in the back of my head I have this beat. 2 different sides of the brain I suppose both lying to each other. I hate this.
              2023 - focus, getting it done, and living the way it should be and being the person I need to be.

Comment

Working...
              X