Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2023!!! Jan Army thread

Originally posted by satz123
    LOVE LINES :egad: Na never be able to do that. Don't hate them - just don't like them very much. It's no fun going around looking like I hate everyone.
    I think we owe it to ourselves to keep the 'ol bod & face we've been given in as good a condition as possible. I think there's a law :haha:
    But that goes without saying...I'm quite sure for everyone..we all want to look as well as we can I spose...but a bit like hair colouring and deep make-up
    ..its sort of like for me 'who am I kidding?' I've never looked at a 60+ year old without knowing straight off if heavy camouflage is involved...I have white/silver hair now..but it's cut in a very edgy shape...my lines....I can't afford botox etc...so yeah I moisturise..I have gentle make-up when going out..but beyond that I don't go and I'm very very comfortable in my boots...(wish I'd listened to my mammy tho!)...

Y'alright Inchy? Come and chat if it helps...xxxx
    Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
    contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Originally posted by rustop59 View Post
      Afternoon everyone

Wow things really looking up JC. Nice to have something booked so that you have something to look forward to. I just spent 15 min holding on the phone for trailfinders. Was thinking of Egypt but it seems July/Aug is waaay too hot so back to the drawing board. Might just leave until later in the year and take time off in the summer and spend it in Mayo. Worse places to be, right Molly.

Glad Max slept last night. Nothing worse. Mind you all ours are good sleepers. Two of them I’ve never had to get up to. The other one has a delicate tummy and it used to be torture when it did happen until we started wedging a pillow in the window and she went in and out herself.

No advice on the lines Mary. I have troughs, trick is not looking too close in the mirror.

Work week nearly over. Beautiful day too.
      Dying to go yo Egypt too now they've opened up again...waiting for the big new amazing museum tho...and crikey yeah...nowt wrong with Mayo...I still feel I'm on my holliers!

Comment

Originally posted by JackieClaire View Post
        Morning,
        Lap top decided to update itself and it felt like weeks.

January is nearly over :yay: Lighter evenings are on their way and on top of that I've got some vitD on its way.

Had to drag Mikey in from the back garden as he was lying in wet soggy grass. Had to explain to him that he'll get arthritis lying in the damp..............god only know what the neighbours thought.
        I'll be taking him out shortly..............he's had his early morning walk with Mr. JC, I do the lunch time one and Mr. JC does the evening. I even have a little bag with poo bags that I sling over my shoulder.

I've got a fringe that covers all the dreaded wrinkles on my forehead.

And to top it all we've booked a cottage in the Yorkshire Dales for week in May. :happy2:
        And for about 20 in a row....I too have a fringe...covers a multitude. Good to hear you a bit more happy...Jan is a hard month...BUT ITS OVER!!!!!YAY!!!!!

Comment

I'm alright Molly, bit deflated, suitably embarrassed of myself, just lurking about haha. Should be studying, of course, such a lot to do, keep getting sidetracked, bloody property inspection in a couple of weeks and my OCD has me cleaning behind things for no good reason.

Editing to add: not helping myself I have a to do list app, you put habits on there, daily to do items and then specific to do items, I use it to keep track of goals - january had one major target - no drugs. And I bugger it up on the 31st. Stings a bit.
          Last edited by Battle_for_the_sun; January 31, 2023, 04:34 PM.
          They/He

SH free - 25/11/2022
          AF - 15/02/2023

Comment

Originally posted by Battle_for_the_sun View Post
            I'm alright Molly, bit deflated, suitably embarrassed of myself, just lurking about haha. Should be studying, of course, such a lot to do, keep getting sidetracked, bloody property inspection in a couple of weeks and my OCD has me cleaning behind things for no good reason.

Editing to add: not helping myself I have a to do list app, you put habits on there, daily to do items and then specific to do items, I use it to keep track of goals - january had one major target - no drugs. And I bugger it up on the 31st. Stings a bit.
            What can I say? As the daughter of someone with severe OCD and I suffer myself somewhat I truly understand all that...I want to say its only a list and don't mind the tidying but.....I understand:hug:
            What about getting yourself to bed..giving yourself a big virtual hug...and tomorrow...well it's another day...another month...and it can be anything you want it to be
            As I said...no one died! Live and learn...that's what I try to do xxxxx

Comment

Aye I might do that, beats moping around the place haha, thanks for bearing with me, tomorrow will be better, least I hope so anyway haha
              They/He

SH free - 25/11/2022
              AF - 15/02/2023

Comment

Night Inchy...we're always here xxx

Comment

Ah inchy, aside from the brilliant post earlier, have one of these :huggers:
                  If your counting, sure it's new day 1 or it's a blip.. pickup where you dropped off and chalk this up.. you now know about another trigger to watch out for.

Thanks for the vit d and Elevens info. At least I know that's its a fringe or needles. I'll keep the latter for a big occasion!

Ate a bowl of all bran at lunch today and I'm still paying for it. I don't know what possessed me to eat it, or even buy It a few weeks ago!
                  #loveloos
                  AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

Aww Inchy, your insight is amazing and helpful really. I think we all go through similar thoughts when planning a relapse (which we all do even if we dont recognise it) Nothing is out of the blue really. Its good you still posted rather than saying fxk it and carrying on and its good you felt terrible (sorry) I too used to enjoy my job under the gentle buzz of opiates. Wasn't so effective but hey, it made it easier to get through the days sometimes. Those are the times we must use to begin to see where we need to make changes to allow us to have the life we want. In my case, I couldn't afford to leave so changed my hours I worked. That did help.

All Bran Mary? Really? :haha:

So glad January is out the way. What a tortuous month that was!!

Comment

Working...
                    X