Alternatively to alcohol on the way at last

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alternatively to alcohol on the way at last

https://uk.yahoo.com/finance/news/hangover-free-booze-conjured-controversial-180000072.html

Re: Alternatively to alcohol on the way at last

It has been around for sometime. It’s called water!
    “Outside of a dog a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read”

Comment

Originally posted by techie View Post
      It has been around for sometime. It’s called water!
      Water making you feel like you've had 2 beers?? Don't think so

Comment

There is no shortcut to sobriety. It takes courage, strength, and a willingness to live a better life. You have to remove alcohol from your completely, not rely on a substance that mimics it. That is simply a recipe for failure.
        “Outside of a dog a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read”

Comment

Originally posted by techie View Post
          There is no shortcut to sobriety. It takes courage, strength, and a willingness to live a better life. You have to remove alcohol from your completely, not rely on a substance that mimics it. That is simply a recipe for failure.
          But if not going to give up this would work. Maximum dose so can't get melted

Comment

Originally posted by scotskev81 View Post
            Kev you pop up here every so often with these 'work-arounds' to avoid the real issue which is alcohol is causing you huge issues.

There are years & years of experience here among these pages and all of them agree with what @techie is trying to tell you.
            There are NO HALF MEASURES .......... you must cut out alcohol completely if it is causing trouble for you.

If you don't want to get sober - you are in the wrong place Kev.
            Do not disrespect those who have fought so hard to get to where they are. Not to mention those who are still fighting.
            Last edited by satz123; January 2, 2023, 06:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by satz123 View Post
              Kev you pop up here every so often with these 'work-arounds' to avoid the real issue which is alcohol is causing you huge issues.

There are years & years of experience here among these pages and all of them agree with what @techie is trying to tell you.
              There are NO HALF MEASURES .......... you must cut out alcohol completely if it is causing trouble for you.

If you don't want to get sober - you are in the wrong place Kev.
              Do not disrespect those who have fought so hard to get to where they are. Not to mention those who are still fighting.
              Absolutely agree...denial denial denial...grow up Kev...only an addict would forage around for anything to make his fix pain free...just .....enough...
              Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
              contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

It seems like this might be something that one could drink in a pub though, as in drinking this instead of the alcohol.

Similar to going out for a coffee or at some other social gathering.

For me that would count as non drinking.

Comment

If you really have a craving to "get melted" though, don't you think you'd just be dissappointed by the synthetic stuff and end up just getting a bottle of Al anyways...

Comment

It seems like this might be something that one could drink in a pub though, as in drinking this instead of the alcohol.

Similar to going out for a coffee or at some other social gathering.

For me that would count as non drinking.
                    Every alcoholic drink known to man now has an alcohol-free alternative. The drink companies - the pushers of alcohol - have realised that the game is up and have changed their tactics.

They tried low alcohol now it's no alcohol wines & beers.
                    Even Guinness, 'beloved of the Irish', has 00% version. :egad: never thought I'd see the day.
                    If you want to pretend to drink - try those ?

Seems pointless to me unless you like the taste - which I do not - I can admit I drank for the effect not the yummy flavour.
                    Similar to another farces IMO - de-caff coffee - pointless without the buzz!

But fear not Kev all is not lost.
                    You recognise there is an issue and you are searching for an answer as we all did ..... you will get there some day !

Comment

Every alcoholic drink known to man now has an alcohol-free alternative. The drink companies - the pushers of alcohol - have realised that the game is up and have changed their tactics.

They tried low alcohol now it's no alcohol wines & beers.
                      Even Guinness, 'beloved of the Irish', has 00% version. :egad: never thought I'd see the day.
                      If you want to pretend to drink - try those ?

Seems pointless to me unless you like the taste - which I do not - I can admit I drank for the effect not the yummy flavour.
                      Similar to another farces IMO - de-caff coffee - pointless without the buzz!

But fear not Kev all is not lost.
                      You recognise there is an issue and you are searching for an answer as we all did ..... you will get there some day !
                      Thank you

I do like the taste and I drink those non alcoholic beers , the Guinness is the best. There is however NO BUZZ or EFFECT. This new one will feel like a mild drinking session and that would do it for me.

I do also like decaf coffee and drink it a lot

Comment

I tried substitute alcohol that gives you a buzz without the booze and it worked

Comment

Maybe the "kids these days" are smarter than we give them credit for (see article below). This quote especially hits the nail on the head: "I think that younger people see alcohol as a way to make anxiety worse, to make mental health issues worse."

Why millennials and Gen Z are helping lead the zero-proof drink surge | CBC Radio

Comment

Originally posted by Mulburry View Post
                            Maybe the "kids these days" are smarter than we give them credit for (see article below). This quote especially hits the nail on the head: "I think that younger people see alcohol as a way to make anxiety worse, to make mental health issues worse."

Why millennials and Gen Z are helping lead the zero-proof drink surge | CBC Radio
                            [MENTION=3640]Mulberry[/MENTION]. My observation is that alcohol is now old-fashioned for the young generation - and they have switched to Cocaine & weed. Much less messy.

Comment

[MENTION=3640]Mulberry[/MENTION]. My observation is that alcohol is now old-fashioned for the young generation - and they have switched to Cocaine & weed. Much less messy.
                              Cannibis being pretty harmless to be honest, especially if not smoked.

The alcohol companies are similar to big tobacco if you change the decade to 70s. They know their days are numbered unless they come up with a safe one as per Mr Nutt's alcarelle. It may be too late for some but next generation may never have to start in the first place.

Comment

Working...
                              X