Day 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Day 1

Enjoyed myself at new year but going to quit again.

Been feeling awful with the hangovers and I'm sure I'm hurting on my right side 🤮.

Got my TV channels and I also love going out to grab coffees and do walking.

I do have non alcoholic beer but I'm not going to think about it. It's there as a sort of soft drink if required.

Xx

Re: Day 1

This is what you need. Why to go, Kev. Keep it up!
    “Outside of a dog a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read”

Comment

Originally posted by scotskev81 View Post
      Enjoyed myself at new year but going to quit again.

Been feeling awful with the hangovers and I'm sure I'm hurting on my right side 冷.

Got my TV channels and I also love going out to grab coffees and do walking.

I do have non alcoholic beer but I'm not going to think about it. It's there as a sort of soft drink if required.

Xx
      So Kev - tell me.....
      You enjoyed yourself ? - but been feeling awful with hangovers & damaging your liver ?
      How does that work?

Anyhoo good luck - on to Day 2 tomorrow....
      Last edited by satz123; January 3, 2023, 04:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by satz123 View Post
        So Kev - tell me.....
        You enjoyed yourself ? - but been feeling awful with hangovers & damaging your liver ?
        How does that work?

Anyhoo good luck - on to Day 2 tomorrow....
        Because I enjoy the night out and the bit when I'm drinking. Regret the next day.

Thank you

Comment

Because I enjoy the night out and the bit when I'm drinking. Regret the next day.
          Ya I hear that... but unfortunately, one cannot come without the other.

Anyways, hope you're able to stick with your new year resolution, good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by Mulburry View Post
            Ya I hear that... but unfortunately, one cannot come without the other.

Anyways, hope you're able to stick with your new year resolution, good luck!
            Thank you. The one thing I gotta watch is when I start to feel better. Odd I know, but it's when I feel better that I wish to go to the bar.

Comment

Thank you. The one thing I gotta watch is when I start to feel better. Odd I know, but it's when I feel better that I wish to go to the bar.
              Not odd Kev ...... I remember that feeling at the start of my drinking career. Feeling shite but once I recovered after a day or two - the shitiness was forgotten.
              Then I discovered the 'cure'. Where I learned that if I had a drink next day it made me feel better. Truly the slippery slope.

I have a son who is WAY past that. He cannot actually function without having alcohol. He will possibly have seizures if he doesn't have that drink every day. If trying to stop he has to have medication and undergo a supervised detox.

You luckily are not there YET but addiction to alcohol is a progressive disease.

Comment

Day 2 is waiting for you. This is your chance to really live!
                “Outside of a dog a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read”

Comment

Originally posted by techie View Post
                  Day 2 is waiting for you. This is your chance to really live!
                  I'm through that. I hope to keep going.

Thanks everyone

Comment

I have a son who is WAY past that. He cannot actually function without having alcohol. He will possibly have seizures if he doesn't have that drink every day. If trying to stop he has to have medication and undergo a supervised detox.

You luckily are not there YET but addiction to alcohol is a progressive disease.
                    That's basically where I was at as well, it truly is a hell on earth of sorts.
                    And you are absolutely right, "progressive disease' for sure; it wasn't always like that for me, it took many many years, and got slowly worse over the years (it can be very subtle at first too, and very easy to be in denial). Much better to quit before you get there, in my opinion (wish I had).
                    Last edited by Mulburry; January 5, 2023, 10:15 PM.

Comment

Hi Kev

Happy new year bro. Day 3 already? Great work.

It's often a case of trial and error, to find out what's the best way to live. It sure is a personal thing. Take back your precious life one day at a time.

Good to see you.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Originally posted by Guitarista View Post
                        Hi Kev

Happy new year bro. Day 3 already? Great work.

It's often a case of trial and error, to find out what's the best way to live. It sure is a personal thing. Take back your precious life one day at a time.

Good to see you.
                        Thank you. I'm feeling good about this quit. I almost did it 2 years ago but then I decided to have a night on it. Will keep you updated. K

Comment

@scotskev81 - we're behind you all the way !! Will be the best thing you ever did. inkele:
                          Make plans for when you're buddies come a knocking.
                          'Dry January' is a thing over here in Dublin - you could use that if pressurised.
                          Last edited by satz123; January 8, 2023, 05:49 PM.

Comment

@scotskev81 - we're behind you all the way !! Will be the best thing you ever did. inkele:
                            Make plans for when you're buddies come a knocking.
                            'Dry January' is a thing over here in Dublin - you could use that if pressurised.
                            Is that non alcoholic Guinness now on draft in the pubs over there in Dublin?

Comment

Is that non alcoholic Guinness now on draft in the pubs over there in Dublin?
                              Yes..and my husband and daughter love it...personally can't stand the stuff...with or without alcohol...Good luck with Day 4!
                              Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
                              contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Working...
                              X