How do people virtual live in the pub but don't die

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do people virtual live in the pub but don't die

Ok, they don't look well but are still standing. Guy at my local never misses a day and yet is still going strong.

Another guy has a big belly and has the shakes constantly..but he's still able to put away beer then Cider.. curiously he changes to cider after about 4 or 5 lagars as he must prefer the sugar rush later in the session.

Doesn't look healthy but also doesn't quite look at deaths door yet. These are in their 50s.

Re: How do people virtual live in the pub but don't die

I know the feeling. I have a friend that swears that he is rarely hungover but he has 13-15 budweisers a day. I could never see why people drink everyday except that they are addicted. They may appear to be well but their lives must be boring and dull. They probably are in a mindset that they can't stop.
    I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Also doing it for me. I got to stay sober for me.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by scotskev81 View Post
      Doesn't look healthy but also doesn't quite look at deaths door yet. These are in their 50s.
      I pity them. I managed to quit just before I turned forty and have been left with a plethora of health problems; the next decade of their lives is going to be a miserable agonizing downward spiral. Aging is tough enough without brutalizing your body with booze on top of it all.

Comment

Originally posted by Mulburry View Post
        I pity them. I managed to quit just before I turned forty and have been left with a plethora of health problems; the next decade of their lives is going to be a miserable agonizing downward spiral. Aging is tough enough without brutalizing your body with booze on top of it all.
        Most of them don't have teeth left. That is also from smoking

Comment

and i'll be hitting the pub today... just the way it goes.

Comment

We all have the ability to choose. That would not be a wise choice, IMO!!!
            “Outside of a dog a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read”

Comment

Can I ask what you do for a living Kev?

Comment

Originally posted by starty View Post
                Can I ask what you do for a living Kev?
                Work in a bar

Comment

Originally posted by scotskev81 View Post
                  Work in a bar
                  Oh no. Can you change your job?

Comment

Oh no. Can you change your job?
                    Yes but it's good to see these people when I'm sober or less drunk. It's unreal how much they drink

Comment

We always feel better about ourselves when we see someone worse off. It really is no way to help ourselves though. Just a bit of sticking plaster to soothe the soul for a moment

Comment

People who live in glass houses…
                        “Outside of a dog a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read”

Comment

We always feel better about ourselves when we see someone worse off. It really is no way to help ourselves though. Just a bit of sticking plaster to soothe the soul for a moment
                          Yup it seems like the perfect excuse to say "ya I'm still drinking but hey at least I'm not drinking as much as those saps".

Kev
                          I think you are taking the proverbial p*ss.
                          But you amuse us so we'll play along .....
                          I'm getting a bit of a trolling vibe as well. But it's possible he's both trolling but also has an alcohol problem at the same time.
                          Last edited by Mulburry; August 1, 2023, 09:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mulburry View Post
                            Yup it seems like the perfect excuse to say "ya I'm still drinking but hey at least I'm not drinking as much as those saps".

I'm getting a bit of a trolling vibe as well. But it's possible he's both trolling but also has an alcohol problem at the same time.
                            I'm not trolling..I really do work in a bar and it has opened my eyes... however..on my time off I go to this bar plus others.

Yes there is an element of " oh I'm not as bad as those hardened drinkers" but that is probably true of many social drinkers.

What sico would troll a problems forum

Comment

I'm not trolling..I really do work in a bar and it has opened my eyes... however..on my time off I go to this bar plus others.
                              I just said I got a bit of a vibe, not trying to accuse you of anything. I don't envy you; I can imagine it would be almost impossible to quit drinking in a situation like that, not only being around alcohol all the time but also being part of that scene, having many friends in the bar scene etc.

Comment

Working...
                              X