Happy Army July 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Happy Army July 2.0

Yikes, no one has posted since yesterday. Just kidding as I can see your posts. I will check with Cowboy but to the best of my knowledge, these issues do not occur on his thread. That does not makes sense from a technical standpoint but I need to make sure.

BTW, Mrs Techie & I are in a 16:8 intermittent fast. We do ACV in the morning but that does not break fast. Before eating I break fast w/black coffee with MCT oil and Om Master Blend Mushroom Powder.

Now that CHANGE is my constant companion, I hope the change from July to August break some relief to all the Forum issues.
    Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Woohoo fellow IF people! So did you find 5:2 better Mary? I like routine so like the idea of doing the same thing each day. If my routine gets changed I suffer discomfort in all sorts of matters :haha: I do about 18/6 Techie. Just black coffee and water all morning then brekkie at 1pm and dinner around 6.

Comment

Originally posted by starty View Post
        Woohoo fellow IF people! So did you find 5:2 better Mary? I like routine so like the idea of doing the same thing each day. If my routine gets changed I suffer discomfort in all sorts of matters :haha: I do about 18/6 Techie. Just black coffee and water all morning then brekkie at 1pm and dinner around 6.
        I have done IF by accident all my life really....late breakfast and early dinner...probably about 17:7!
        As regards menopausal weight....I've never really put on weight much all my life...maybe a few lbs in hols and it'd fall off in a week or two....I thought I had no menopause....however... In hindsight I did...cos around that age...prob 50 -55 I put on quite a lot of weight inexplicably....and then...equally inexplicably it fell off again...so ye may have a temporary bit of weight?
        Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
        contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Hi folks. The only issue I have had since restarting IF post radiation, was low energy. It seemed to compound the side effect of the cancer treatment. The other thing I find difficult (Mary?) is running or biking early morning during my fast. While initially my body feel completely energized it quickly drops off. In the past, I always had a protein bar or small shake prior to hitting the road or trail. Interestingly, my wife does not share this same energy deficit with me. She seems to do just fine but does not exercise on the same level as me.

We pick up our new eight week old puppy (Lily) tomorrow from the breeder. We are both excited but concerned about dealing with a new puppy. Maddie who passed May ?22 was 2 y/o when we got her. The last puppy we had was 30 years ago. This little girl will be a Goldendoodle as well. I will post a pic in the coming days. We simply needed to fill the void after Maddie.

P.S. While we are both believers in animal rescue we need a hypoallergenic doggie!

I wish you all a beautiful rest of your day. Blessings x
          Last edited by techie; July 28, 2023, 12:30 PM.
          Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Originally posted by satz123
            I'm supposed to be doing 16:8 - nothing after 7pm or before 11am
            Doesn't always work out - just recently for some reason - especially if I have a bag of jelly beans. ( my new obsession - the 200g bag - so there's another pleasure that must be cast out). :haha:

Must try harder. It's just wrong to be constantly shovelling in food to our bodies - without giving our guts time to rest.

Dunno if anyone is seeing any of these posts but hey ho !!
            I can see it...love jelly beans ;-)

Comment

Morning all....beautiful sunny morning here...the tribe going home today....
              Got the 'doing-upper' buzz from you lot. Thinking of doing a job on guest room ensuite.....just thinking mind! Might go look at bathroom shops
              Last time I did that I went on a bender!!!!

Comment

Just got back from my trip with Chill we had a lovely time. She was saying how she would never have got sober without MWO. I agree, I wouldn't either. It was great to catch up, there are no other people that I know in real life to discuss sobriety/addiction to the depths that we do and it interesting. Oh and someone banged on our door at 5.30 this morning shouting that we were talking too loudly! The walls must've been paper thin! :haha: We walked over 14 miles which was a bit knackering but good fun. Now home to housework

I seem to have more energy when Im not eating techie. I didnt eat until 4pm yesterday and did all those miles before weirdly.

Put down those Jelly babies Satz :haha:

What are you doing to your bathroom Molls?

Comment

Originally posted by starty View Post
                  Just got back from my trip with Chill we had a lovely time. She was saying how she would never have got sober without MWO. I agree, I wouldn't either. It was great to catch up, there are no other people that I know in real life to discuss sobriety/addiction to the depths that we do and it interesting. Oh and someone banged on our door at 5.30 this morning shouting that we were talking too loudly! The walls must've been paper thin! :haha: We walked over 14 miles which was a bit knackering but good fun. Now home to housework

I seem to have more energy when Im not eating techie. I didnt eat until 4pm yesterday and did all those miles before weirdly.

Put down those Jelly babies Satz :haha:

What are you doing to your bathroom Molls?
                  It's just an ensuite for a downstairs bedroom...it's really old fashioned...you know the look...brown and beige tiles...miserable little shower...'ornate silver ' taps....just awful....want to do spanking stark white tiles...black shower cubicle and black accessories....I've a tight budget tho cos we spent any spare on the car...didn't go looking today tho...got the garden finished instead...Tim the German arrived tho and literally talked at me for an hour....head melted

Comment

Morning everyone

I?m the same, awake at cock crow since I worked full time and got up at 6 am every morning, that seems to be my set time now.

Very sad for the residents Satz. My role was Receptionist/administrator but reception is now gone. Phone not being answered, can?t get into the building unless you phone your host. Lorry drivers coming often have the old name of the company before it was taken over by big US corporation. They don?t know where to go. Girl I used to job share with has moved so I?m now doing two days admin in HR. Ahh well on the road to retirement.

Very grey this morning. Think I will just have a lazy Sunday.

Comment

Originally posted by rustop59 View Post
                      Morning everyone

I?m the same, awake at cock crow since I worked full time and got up at 6 am every morning, that seems to be my set time now.

Very sad for the residents Satz. My role was Receptionist/administrator but reception is now gone. Phone not being answered, can?t get into the building unless you phone your host. Lorry drivers coming often have the old name of the company before it was taken over by big US corporation. They don?t know where to go. Girl I used to job share with has moved so I?m now doing two days admin in HR. Ahh well on the road to retirement.

Very grey this morning. Think I will just have a lazy Sunday.
                      I always wake early -- anytime from 5 onwards -- but I'm usually asleep by 11 or so - and that's as much sleep as I've ever needed really.

I think the absolute GREED of business and corporations is disgusting -- no 'front face' to companies -- impossible to even find a phone number on a website -- and sometimes you absolutely DO need to speak to a 'person' -- anyone tried to speak to a body in SKY recently -- disgraceful -- but -- they get away with it -- sacking people they deem unnecessary -- and of course all the high powered waste of space people in the ivory towers -- they don't get dumped -- omg it really makes my blood boil -- if we were French we wouldn't put up with it -- we'd be out marching protesting -- but we just put up with this shite --aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrgghhhh

After spending an hour trying to speak to someone on Sky the other day -- we finally got through to a lovely man -- so helpful - probably on minimum wage -- after he sorted us out we got a 'survey' from Sky -- asking us how did our 'advisor' do --- FFS -- YOUR ADVISOR DID ABSOLUTELY GRAND -- IT'S YOUR COMPANY THAT IS THE JOKE..... maybe I should ring them up and tell them --- oh no wait -- I CAN'T RING THEM --- aaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrggggggggggggggghhhhhhhh again!

Comment

[MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION], I'm only loosely doing 17:7 and wouldn't run without at least a banana inside me, but I only do 1 early run (this morning) so it's not so bad. The rest are evening or lunchtime.

I'm still in shock about your place Rustop. I've seen it done but it's incredibly impersonal. I suppose it depends on the type of visitors you have. We've a lot of potential customers so need to lay out the red carpet for them. They still have to do online induction if going onto the plant side, but that's all.

Maybe some of the changes were warranted [MENTION=9094]satz123[/MENTION], but sounds like they went about it arse ways without discussing it with the people on the ground (the you's). On the nurses, sure these isn't an English speaking nurse to be found in this country!! Thats another rant altogether!

Went into town yesterday with my eldest (debs on Thursday so he needed somthing to wear.. lastminute.com). Had a really good lunch in a Lebanese place on dame Street. Cheap, tasty and brought half home as couldn't finish it.

I am now learning about all sorts of things available to someone with a disability (himself). Much are means tested so won't apply as I'm working, but lots of other stuff available.. its a whole new world. Between that and navigating our way around the world of parkinson's, I need a wife!!
                        AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

[MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION], I'm only loosely doing 17:7 and wouldn't run without at least a banana inside me, but I only do 1 early run (this morning) so it's not so bad. The rest are evening or lunchtime.

I'm still in shock about your place Rustop. I've seen it done but it's incredibly impersonal. I suppose it depends on the type of visitors you have. We've a lot of potential customers so need to lay out the red carpet for them. They still have to do online induction if going onto the plant side, but that's all.

Maybe some of the changes were warranted [MENTION=9094]satz123[/MENTION], but sounds like they went about it arse ways without discussing it with the people on the ground (the you's). On the nurses, sure these isn't an English speaking nurse to be found in this country!! Thats another rant altogether!

Went into town yesterday with my eldest (debs on Thursday so he needed somthing to wear.. lastminute.com). Had a really good lunch in a Lebanese place on dame Street. Cheap, tasty and brought half home as couldn't finish it.

I am now learning about all sorts of things available to someone with a disability (himself). Much are means tested so won't apply as I'm working, but lots of other stuff available.. its a whole new world. Between that and navigating our way around the world of parkinson's, I need a wife!!

Comment

Well, I joined the "can't see the post" club. The screen shows that IAmMary had the latest post but the last one I see is over 24 h ago from Molly

Comment

Originally posted by NoSugar View Post
                              Well, I joined the "can't see the post" club. The screen shows that IAmMary had the latest post but the last one I see is over 24 h ago from Molly
                              Think it's even worse now than it was NS...sort of giving up here...thought when I withdrew my sub somebody would notice and do something ..nah...not even a reply to messages

Comment

No superstar, i've a long way to go yet.. Myself and [MENTION=22456]starty[/MENTION], different issues but timing similar.
                                How's your brother doing [MENTION=9094]satz123[/MENTION]? And YS too.. hoping no news is good news, life still ticking along..

So.. who's kicking off tomorrow, 1st August post. In a new location with no glitches??

Comment

Working...
                                X