Does Kudzu...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does Kudzu...

ooh heck My Heart... I remember reaching the stage of not getting hangovers.... I was really pleased but I really wish I'd stopped there. I don't think I realised that, for me certainly, it meant I had already gone beyond hangovers into something more sinister - the phony tolerance before total excess. The final 'hangover' after wasn't pleasant but well worth its 3-4 days but no more now thank you! Soooh good to wake up fresh.

Take care My Heart. Don't let yourself get Grigio'd!!!

Love F x
    :heart: c: :heart:
    "Be patient and gentle with yourself - the magic is in you."

Comment

Does Kudzu...

Ohh Shiizzzit, I didn't realize not getting hangovers was a "STAGE"!!!!! I've been here for a couple of years now. What is that???

Also, I always rememeber everything the next day and there are no regrets....only smiles and good memories actually. I don't know if I should type this or not but I'm usually drinking while I'm on this site. I'm pretty coherent (for a blonde with ADD, LOL!) and I've never really done anything I've regretted while drinking. I don't drive while drinking, etc.

The thing is the long term affect of this on my body...Good God, it can't be good! I mean I'm a walking, talking, winery!

People always tell me how happy I seem and how "positive" I am, I'm thinking they have no clue because I am "checking out" of the sadness of my reality and "checking into" my bottle(s) of Pinot Grigio. When I tell people how much I drink they actually don't believe me! I am not a large woman, 115 lbs. I know I must look good because they ask for my ID (and I haven't had any plastic surgery) when I buy the wine! What is up with me??? I am a freak of nature, I swear, it is truly perplexing.
      Patience has its limits. Take it too far, and it's cowardice.
      - George Jackson

Comment

Does Kudzu...

MyHeartIsDrenchedInWine;187693 wrote: Ohh Shiizzzit, I didn't realize not getting hangovers was a "STAGE"!!!!! I've been here for a couple of years now. What is that???

Also, I always rememeber everything the next day and there are no regrets....only smiles and good memories actually. I don't know if I should type this or not but I'm usually drinking while I'm on this site. I'm pretty coherent (for a blonde with ADD, LOL!) and I've never really done anything I've regretted while drinking. I don't drive while drinking, etc.

The thing is the long term affect of this on my body...Good God, it can't be good! I mean I'm a walking, talking, winery!

People always tell me how happy I seem and how "positive" I am, I'm thinking they have no clue because I am "checking out" of the sadness of my reality and "checking into" my bottle(s) of Pinot Grigio. When I tell people how much I drink they actually don't believe me! I am not a large woman, 115 lbs. I know I must look good because they ask for my ID (and I haven't had any plastic surgery) when I buy the wine! What is up with me??? I am a freak of nature, I swear, it is truly perplexing.
        I just found this post
        you sound exactly like me
        only drink wine look much much younger than my age, never blackout, can drink a lot and keep it pretty together.
        My friends love to have me around when I've had a few, even if they are not heavy drinkers.
        I went to the doc worried that there was something wrong with my liver or kidneys. He was surprised that I drink or should I say drank so much (I've cut down) I am 100% healthy. I actually do enjoy wine very much, but overdoing it could become a serious problem if not checked.

Kudzu helped me when I was first trying to cut down. but now I only take it when I go out with my heavy drinking friends, (yes I have heavy drinking friends and non heavy drinking friends).
        You can't turn a pickle into a cucumber

Comment

Does Kudzu...

weighing in on kudzu

I was skeptical about kudzu for a while...

but a while ago, i started using Nature's Made (swansons site). I think someone on this site said it works on days of drinking. so somewhat randomly, i had three pills in the afternoon before going out with lot of water and three before going out. I had probably 6 weeks of no big problems (most I had was 6 drinks on one night and that was a bad night). I ran out and had blackouts again, two weekends in a row.

I have no idea if the kudzu helped, or if this is mere coincidence. Maybe some other factors were at work. But I just ordered some more.

I would love to buy the kudzu from this site but it's very expensive!

Regarding question about fun... I think java is right, the point is to take some of that away. i find the urges are smaller and i get sleepy before I can have too much.

Comment

Does Kudzu...

I have only been taking it about four days but I am sure it helps. I makes me feel quite sleepy about an hour after taking it, and I just don't really fancy a drink.

I also have ben sleeping very well at night.

I have been drinking anyway, but stopping at two or three.

Two days ago, I had a day off work and drunk 7 drinks- but on reflection when thinking about it yeterday, I don''t remember taking the kudzu that day, so I am definitely sticking with it.

I have some I bought locally but am also waiting for the order from MWO as altough it is more expensive (I became a subscriber so you get a pack for free) I think it is worth it to know you are getting the absolute best stuff.

My drinking has cost lots more than that!

Comment

Does Kudzu...

Kudzu

I have been taking Kudzu for only two days and it makes me feel like I am on Valium or Ativan. Which is ok, I like valium, but I had to have coffee this aftenoon to stay awake. I don't know if it works this quickly, but last night my husband had some Brooklyn Brewing Oktoberfest his friend brought back from NY. he said it was really good (he is comfortable drinking just one) so I had one too and could barely finish it. Which is just fine with me. Tomorrow night, Friday, will be the big craving test, as I will have gone six days without getting hammered and I am usually due about then (I am a binge drinker.) So if I am stoned...well, at least I am not drunk.
              And you may ask yourself, "What is that beautiful house?" And you may ask yourself, "Where does that highway go?" And you may ask yourself,"Am I right?...Am I wrong?" And you may tell yourself..."MY GOD!...WHAT HAVE I DONE?"

Comment

Does Kudzu...

The first week I took it was great- it sort of made me feel tired/relaxed, and if drinking with it, I felt I was metabolizing the alcohol differently, I did not get the excited rush I usually get after the first few drinks.

However, (I hope I am in the minority here) it now seems to do nothing! I feel no changes or decrease in cravings. The obvious thing is to up the dosage, but I am already taking 2 x 3 of the MWO brand a day- that is 1800 mg plus 2 x 1000g of L-Glut.

I had a similar experience with 5HTTP or whatever it is called about a year ago- the first few days were great- then nothing.:upset:

Comment

Working...
                X