Pesci-Vegetarian Life style

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm anxious to get that recipe, Ima. I myself am a tofu lover, and the kids and DH are ok with it too, but I have a lot of sceptical family members and friends to convince.

Good tip on the soaking water, too. Along those lines, I hope everyone knows to not throw out the water they use to steam vegetables. You can use it to make broths, or just drink it like tea. It has lots of nutrients.

And btw, Macrobiotics is kind of like MWO, you take what you want from it, use it the way that fits you best. It's flexible. Very worth looking into.
    Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

Crispy curried tofu -
      (first - I learned a very valuable tip for tofu - coat it with cornstarch before pan frying to make it crispy on the outside and soft on the inside)
      So I started doing that trick with the cornstarch, but marinating the large cubes of tofu first with tamari. Then I amened to this...

Mix tablespoon or more curry powder with some tamari. Coat large cubes of tofu with it, let marinate for a bit. Then coat with cornstarch.
      Heat vegetable oil with a bit of sesame oil on med-high heat. Pan fry tofu on each side til beautifully browned. If the oil is hot enough it will turn out good and crispy. Put the tofu on paper towels til served. SO yummy!!!! I made this last night and served with that black rice to which I simply added butter and tamari. Very gratifying. You might want to figure out some kind of dipping sauce for the tofu for kids and husbands.
      Hugs,
      imatree

Comment

Great tip about the cornstarch. I will definitely try this. Thanks!!
        I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

Mmm, I wish I had tofu in the house right now (it takes a major expedition to find it in this neck of the woods)-- but as soon as I get my hands on some, I'll try it. Sounds good and simple (except for that getting the tofu part). By the way, when I do find good tofu, I buy a bunch and freeze it. It works well if you defrost and press/drain it.
          Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Comment

p.s. Lushy, 4,961 posts? Just noticed that. wow.

Comment

Yes Beatle, I used to be a postaholic. I have learned to moderate now.

Comment

LOL - and it is sooo very true. Lushy was a postaholic but she has moderated very well since her return from holidays! Good job there Lushy! Keep up the good work LOL!

Comment

Oh and Beats, you have 844 posts since May! You are well on your way too there, friend!! LOL!

Comment

Thank you, it has been difficult but thanks to all of you at MWO I am able to now observe more and not feel the need to post as much.

Comment

Lushy, your efforts are truly inspiring... now I know anything can be acheived...
                      LOL
                      Hugs,
                      imatree

Comment

Thank you. I knew my cutting back a little bit every day would eventually inspire someone here. If I can do it, anyone can.

Comment

DId you take any meds or sups to assist you Lushy?
                          It always seems impossible until it's done....

Comment

MWO's role model through and through. Lushy is actually saying that MWO can work for many addictions if applied properly.

I am proud of you. I am also proud of myself that I am ONLY logging on 3 times a day now. LOL! I won't say for how long each log in is for tho!

Comment

MWO is indeed adaptable to many afflictions, but to answer your question Flip I used sheer determination with a little bit of white knuckling at times. But believe me it can be done. I thank you all for encouraging my continued success in this endeavor.

Comment

YOu should make your own hypno CDs.....
                                It always seems impossible until it's done....

Comment

Working...
                                X