Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

has anyone tried the master cleanse also known as the lemon diet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone know if you can do this while also taking Campral?

Comment

While doing the cleanse you should not take anything other than the ingredients stated, no meds or supplements, as your body cannot cleanse itself completely while you are putting drugs into it.

That makes it dificult, as many people experience detox headaches and other detox symptoms but taking a medication would defeat the object.

However I see no reason why it would not still have some benefit if you really do not wish to stop taking it- I guess the best thing would be to go to the Master Cleanse forum and ask the question there?

Comment

trixietrack;200880 wrote: Hello my fellow cleansers, I think I am over the hump.
        I am not hungry or tired or shaky or spaced out anymore. I woke up at 630 this morning.
        that is unheard of for me. Came to work all cheery.

Last night I had a small pain under my left rib cage, think that is the gall bladder. stomach was gurgling all night. woke up this morning feeling great, did the salt wash (I am using celtic sea salt) 2 teaspoons in a quart of distilled water. no gagging .

The laxative tea is mild, I don't get stomach cramps from it (yogi tea) it's called, it also tastes quite good.

I don't miss wine or food right now. last night I was at an artists meeting and everyone was munching on dinner I just watched, thinking how strange it is to not have hunger or cravings. Leaves the self with more energy to contemplate on life and ones surroundings.

lunch time seems to be the hardest for me I was really craving food, but today I feel fine.
        my energy is better than normal. my mind is more positive than usual. feel more assertive but not in a cocky way.
        It does help a lot to log on and share my experience with you wonderful folks

Peace and light:h
        Trixie

That is wonderful, I hope I do as well as you.

Was just wondering when you started were you AF or Mods?

Were you still taking any meds or supps- not that I am going to take anything, but I thought it might be helpful for others to know.

Thanks!

Comment

I'll look there thank you.

Comment

Hi guys. I am on the SP Complete Cleanse. The SP stands for Standard Practice. It has to be prescribed by a physician. I have 2 fruit shakes a day with a supp. powder, take 10 pills 3 times a day and can have 4 oz of unseasoned chicken a day and as many veggies as I want. No, butter, dressing, oil, caffine, artif sweetener, ect ...Nothing else except what is stated in the plan. It is a 3 week program.

It is supposed to cleanse the digestive, lymphatic, and some other systems...?? It is suppose to clean and heal liver, kidneys, lymph nodes, blood ect.

I had a headache for the first 2-3 days but, feel fine now. No hunger anymore and energy level is getting better too. And no, I am not running to the restroom. I am going with much more frequency but without cramping or extreme urgency. It was not cheap though. It was about $200 per person.

Oh,...and everything has to be organic.
            Sometimes I wonder...."Why is that frisbee getting bigger?"...and then it hits me.

Comment

cloudjockey;200929 wrote: Anyone know if you can do this while also taking Campral?
              This is a good question. according to the book you are not supposed to take any medicine while on the master cleanse. but if you really need it to stay sober. the cleanse might not be such a good idea. Unless you are already strong enough to stay AF etc.
              My suggestion is that you make sure you can go AF for more that 14 days with no problems.
              good luck
              You can't turn a pickle into a cucumber

Comment

Trixies report day 5

still going strong. no more hunger, period, watching people eat is strange. when I see food I crave lemonade.
                did the salt this morning. no biggie as I was craving salt, certainly had my fill. Any cravings I describe, so mild they can easily be ignored.
                Last night I changed laxative teas the brand I am taking now is smooth move, it contains more senna. which is the active ingredient. The loo I only visit in the morning I have to stay at home and not leave for about an hour, I run into the bathroom like 4 times in that time. it's like pee though no big deal.
                I have been blending limes and lemons for variety.
                I feel very strong right now just a little headache but I think that is from the computer at work.
                began my period, no cramps, very, very light. and no crankiness or mood swings.
                now it's the beginning of the weekend here is my big test.
                by the way the thought of liquor or beer is absolutely disgusting to me right now. yucky icky. if I smell someone who has been drinking I get nauseous.
                I read in the master cleanse book that this is a good thing for people who have drug and alcohol problems as it will help with cravings and the lack of nutrition caused by substance abuse.

Hi Marbella to answer your questions.
                I was taking supplements and vitamins, omega 3, L-glut and kudzu.
                also exercising frequently. which I am still doing. I have been on the supplements since April.
                I was moderating before starting.
                I had also had a full check up from my doc. all was good.

peace and light my fellow MWO'rs

Comment

Thanks for the updates Trixie, I know you are not doing it primarily for weight loss but do you have an idea of what you have lost?

Comment

I'm not sure I could go 14 days AF with out the help of Campral. I'm on day 6 and so far no real cravings. I'm thinking of trying it anyway. I want to flush the "bad stuff" out as fast as I can. My results might not be a "total" clean, but may be better then no clean at all.

Comment

I can understand your anxiety about this- I have never used Campral so do not know the nature of the drug, but many master cleansers have reported being free of cravings for all types of addictions after just 2 or 3 days on the cleanse.

I am hoping if I can white knuckle the first 4 days- all my cravings will go.

I am going to use a tool I have used for things in the past- I will make a chart containing 96 blocks. Each block is divided into 4 smaller blocks, each one refers to 15 minutes.

When cravings or anxiety get bad you whip your chart out and colour in the blocks that have already passed. This really makes the time seem to fly and puts into perspective how little time it really is.

When you wake in the morning you get to colour in a whole chunk of blocks!

I find this really helps when you are wishing time to pass for whatever reason

Comment

I'm on day one. The tea is fine. The salt water was a little hard to take - but I got thru it.
                        I'm pretty hungry right now and have not made the lemonade yet. Do you drink it cold or hot? I can't figure that part out.

I did cheat a little I have to admit. I had a piece of cheese ( not the best thing to cheat with I suppose) and a celery stalk. sigh...I was a little hungry.

Lisa

Comment

Just tried it cold and it was better than I thought it would be.

Comment

You are not supposed to eat anything :upset:

The hunger is said to pass after 3 days- master cleanse experts say if you feel hunger pangs just drink more lemon drink until they are satisfied.

Good luck!

I am beginning tomorrow

Comment

Maple Syrup Grade C

May I join in your Master Cleanse Programme? If so, thanks; I started this morning so Day 1 for me; I couldn't find Grade B Maple Syrup so opted for Grade C instead, hope this is OK? Didn't manage to have the tea last night but did take the Salt Drink (cooking salt - still to find the uniodized salt) this morning and was totally unavailable for 1 hour - wow what an experience (who needs laxatives). Can't stand lemon drinks so I'm trying to choke my first one down, missing the pepper so hoping that's why it's so horrible. This is my first "cleanse" but I need to keep on taking the anti-cancer drug Tamoxifan so I hope this is OK.

Good Luck to all.
                              BS
                              It is easier to stay out than get out.

Mark Twain

Comment

marbella;201443 wrote: Thanks for the updates Trixie, I know you are not doing it primarily for weight loss but do you have an idea of what you have lost?
                                I think I have lost about 5 to 6 lbs.

Comment

Working...
                                X