Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

has anyone tried the master cleanse also known as the lemon diet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lisa3102;201898 wrote: I'm on day one. The tea is fine. The salt water was a little hard to take - but I got thru it.
    I'm pretty hungry right now and have not made the lemonade yet. Do you drink it cold or hot? I can't figure that part out.

I did cheat a little I have to admit. I had a piece of cheese ( not the best thing to cheat with I suppose) and a celery stalk. sigh...I was a little hungry.

Lisa
    If you are eating it will do you no good. even a small bite. the first three days are very, very hard, it really does test how strong your will and desire to control the fear of hunger.
    You can't turn a pickle into a cucumber

Comment

bluesky;202432 wrote: May I join in your Master Cleanse Programme? If so, thanks; I started this morning so Day 1 for me; I couldn't find Grade B Maple Syrup so opted for Grade C instead, hope this is OK? Didn't manage to have the tea last night but did take the Salt Drink (cooking salt - still to find the uniodized salt) this morning and was totally unavailable for 1 hour - wow what an experience (who needs laxatives). Can't stand lemon drinks so I'm trying to choke my first one down, missing the pepper so hoping that's why it's so horrible. This is my first "cleanse" but I need to keep on taking the anti-cancer drug Tamoxifan so I hope this is OK.

Good Luck to all.
      BS
      grade C maple syrup is good. Iodized salt is not! if you can't get the proper ingredients where you are, you can order them from this site http://therawfoodsite.com/forum/.
      I also suggest you read the book thoroughly. It says that you cannot eat, or take drugs or supplements. fasting is not for everyone. so please be careful.

Comment

Hi Bluesky,

in the healthstore they are bound to have some uniodized salt.

My salt water flush did not work today- it was pure brine, I gulped down a huge amount and promptly threw up.

Tomorrow I will make it weaker. However I am doing OK- not really hungry, when I do feel hungry I put a tiny bit more syrup in- that seems to help.

Just the first 72 hours to get through, then all will be well!

As I am in bed or sleeping for 27 of those, it is really only 45 hours.

Seeing as for a good part of those I will be occupied and not thinking of food I think we can say it is only around 20 'difficult' hours! I think even I can get through them, I just keep thinking of all the benefits.

Good luck to all my fellow cleansers!

Marby x

Comment

Trixies report

Hi all
          the weekend was pretty good, Saturday night was a test for me. I went out with friends and everyone was drinking wine. I smelled it but didn't touch it. I also went to dinner with them and drank lemon water.
          Today is day 9 for me I am starting to taper off the cleanse. I had the lemonade for breakfast, no salt wash ( I can't believe I missed doing the salt this morning). I am drinking tea (mint). I know I am supposed to do this for ten days. I noticed this morning that everything came out clear when I went to the loo, so I think things are pretty squeaky clean.
          I feel really good except that I miss my vitamins and supplements.
          I will start on those again Tuesday.
          I have absolutely no appetite or hunger. I lost about 6 lbs.
          I plan on continuing on juices for the rest of the week.
          A few things I did discover on this diet, is that I am one of those people who really needs protein. My muscles feel kinda mooshy, even though I have been going to the gym.
          I also discovered that I can survive on very little food as long as it's nutritious.
          One day left

Comment

Tamoxifan

Thanks TrixieTrack and Marbella

One of the reasons I want to fast is because of the chemo, radiation etc. my body has had to endure, unfortunately the Tamoxifan I can't stop, I'll check with my oncologist to see if it's OK that I do this cleanse. In the meantime I will try to get the uniodized salt from the health store.

Thanks again for all your assistance, it is much appreciated.

BS

PS - Marbella how do you mean your SW is like brine and can we use sparkling water or should it be flat spring water?
            It is easier to stay out than get out.

Mark Twain

Comment

I meant it is so salty that the salt will not dissolve completely- there is a saltiness level that cannot be more salty therefore the salt will not dissolve- I drank that.

I find the problem when asking a medical professional about something like this they rubbish it and tell you it is bad, and tell you to stop it immediately, because it is natural and doesn't involve stuffing drugs down your body, they did not learn it at med school therefore it must be 'wrong'.

However one can hope your doctor is a little more alternative minded?

Good luck!

Comment

trixietrack;202458 wrote: Hi all
                the weekend was pretty good, Saturday night was a test for me. I went out with friends and everyone was drinking wine. I smelled it but didn't touch it. I also went to dinner with them and drank lemon water.
                Today is day 9 for me I am starting to taper off the cleanse. I had the lemonade for breakfast, no salt wash ( I can't believe I missed doing the salt this morning). I am drinking tea (mint). I know I am supposed to do this for ten days. I noticed this morning that everything came out clear when I went to the loo, so I think things are pretty squeaky clean.
                I feel really good except that I miss my vitamins and supplements.
                I will start on those again Tuesday.
                I have absolutely no appetite or hunger. I lost about 6 lbs.
                I plan on continuing on juices for the rest of the week.

One day left
                Ooh well done!! I wish I was where you are right now, instead of where I am (day 1uch: )

I am hoping after this my cravings for alcohol will disappear.

They are much less than they used to be anyway.

Do you feel like drinking now?

Also any tips for the first few days?

Comment

Ok...not even a bite...got it. I have to try this again. I didn't do well at all.
                  btw..bluesky, are you in chemo? I read on one of the sites for this cleanse that it is not recommended if you are undergoing chemo. Just wanted to pass it along...maybe worth reading a little more on that part.

I'm going to try again.

You guys are doing great. Marbella - I thought I was going to throw up after the salt water thing but managed not too. But I didn't feel well and slept several more hours that day. Not sure if I was just tired or if it was the salt water.

Lisa

Comment

Curious

Are all of you doing the master cleanse to help with alcohol detox? I googled on Master Cleanse and alcoholism but didn't get a lot of info.

Has it been shown to help alcoholics overcome alcoholism?

Thanks!!
                    Cindi
                    AF April 9, 2016

Comment

A Quote from "The master Cleanse" by Stanley Burroughs-

"Alcoholics, smokers, and other drug addicts will receive untold benefits from this diet. The chemical changes and the cleansing have a way of removing the craving and the many probable deficiencies.
                      Thus the desire for the unnatural types of stimulants and depressants disappears. The usual cravings experienced and suffered in breaking away from drugs, alcohol, and tobacco no longer present themselves during and after this diet."

So I reckon it can't do any harm!

From what I have read, it kind of resets your buttons.

We were all born without addictions, or most of us were, and I think the master cleanse puts the switches back to where they should be making it easy to stick to a natural diet of whole foods without cravings for junk food and substances, including alcohol.

I am now at my normal drinking time, but needless to say it has not really crossed my mind, as I am trying very hard not to think of food!

However i am leaving the board now as I feel reading about alcohol at this time may not be much help.

Comment

Boing!! I am finally "getting it" I think.

Okay ladies. Now you have finally gotten my attention!! :H

For all those who have done and are doing the Master Cleanse, have you noticed a change in your alcohol cravings?

Really curious of not just during the cleanse but afterwards.

I am considering it if it helps with that, especially if it could help me quit smoking, too. Wow, what a double whammy that would be!!

:thanks:

Cindi

(I don't want to lose a lot of weight but it doesn't sound like that is what this diet is about anyway...,)
                        AF April 9, 2016

Comment

By the way, the book "The master Cleanse" can be downloaded for free from http://healthandlight.com/TheMasterCleanse.pdf

Comment

Hi all
                            Hi Marbella ,I distracted myself a lot during the first 2 days. cleaning and organizing my house. I also kept no booze or food in the house. The fridge is totally empty except for some condiments. when I got hungry I drank the lemonade. always carried it with me even if it made me look silly.
                            I also didn't see too many people. went to work and then home my BF wasn't around, so that made it quite easy to not get sidetracked.
                            In regards to craving alcohol, I think it depends on your level of addiction. I am not craving wine or anything to drink right now. I think that if you are a heavy drinker and can't go cold turkey without supervision, it is best if you don't try this diet.
                            I started drinking a bit of juice (apple) even though the book recommends orange. tonight I will do the same and by the end of tomorrow I'll start with the soup and other juices. So far I have no interest in sugar or bread or pasta or anything remotely heavy. I am craving broth and juice.

Comment

bluesky;202470 wrote: Thanks TrixieTrack and Marbella

One of the reasons I want to fast is because of the chemo, radiation etc. my body has had to endure, unfortunately the Tamoxifan I can't stop, I'll check with my oncologist to see if it's OK that I do this cleanse. In the meantime I will try to get the uniodized salt from the health store.

Thanks again for all your assistance, it is much appreciated.

BS

PS - Marbella how do you mean your SW is like brine and can we use sparkling water or should it be flat spring water?
                              it's not ok to fast when taking medications. purified water or distilled water are the only waters to use, no bubbles.
                              I don't think you would benefit from this diet unless you are clear of medications and drugs.
                              if you are not allowed to stop medication, I suggest you wait till you are in better shape.
                              you could end up having really bad side effects (like nausea cold sweats, fever) when your liver and kidneys try to rid themselves of the medication.

Comment

Tamoxifan

Once again Marbella and Trixietrack thanks ever so much for your much appreciated advice. Lisa 3102 chemo/radiation was in 2004 but the Tamoxifan medication is for life. Following TTs advice I'm waiting for an answer from my oncologist to see whether or not I can continue; I really want to do this so I hope he has a positive answer. I will let you all know how I get on. Good Luck to all.

BS
                                It is easier to stay out than get out.

Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                                X