Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

L-GLUT

Beatle,

I wish I could answer that. I have followed the regimen, too.

Are we 'FAILURES??"

No. we are alcholics.

I recognize that you view things differently from me. I am not a "stigma" or embarrassment. I am simply an alcholic.

However, the end game is the same. How do we beat this crap and what will it take???

I actually went to River Pharmacy and ordered the Baclofen, Beatle. It is due here first/second week of Nov.

If it works, I will let you know ASAP!!

I pray it does, however, if it doesn't, I AM NOT GIVING UP.

I have lots riding on this. Both of my children are alcoholics. I MUST FIND AN ANSWER.

I love them more than anything in the world. Like any mom on this site or anywhere else...

Cindi
    AF April 9, 2016

Comment

L-GLUT

I don't get what you are saying Cindi--

--first of all, I have not given up on the "Seven Weeks" regime (although it is rather modified in my version)-- I just want to know what didn't work for others... Please tell me!

--second of all, I think that denying alcoholism is a stigma is like denying there is any reason for the MWO programme/website... why are you here, then? Yes, I am open about it with my immediate family, but they all want to keep it just as private as I do-- why?

-- I do think we are failures, but only in the sense that we have fallen through the cracks. We are not failures in our own right, just failures so far to get recognition for what we suffer from.

I don't know much about baclofen. Please keep us updated-- maybe in a new thread, so it doesn't get lost?
      Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

L-GLUT

Beatle,

I am so sorry. I do not mean to say we are failures. We ARE NOT!!

I am just trying to say that Seven Weeks to Sobriety certainly has not made me a sober person. I have done the whole shebang.

I finally figured out there is no magic bullet, but hard work and dedication. Geez, I HATE HARD WORK AND DEDICATION.

I truly am hoping the Baclofen helps with my cravings and my general, "I will kill for a drink or two or 10" attitude.

If it does, I will be the first to let you know.

If it doesn't, and that is where my mind set is right now, I know that our job is just purely, get over it. It is hard, it is difficult, but we can do it.

I, would, however, prefer to do it without wanting to kill myself and everyone within my sight!! (lol, okay not really.. well maybe...)

However, Beatle, I have been really working hard on AF and figure if that is what it takes, that is what it takes. I just would prefer to have a little bit of alleviation from these cravings....

Cindi
        AF April 9, 2016

Comment

L-GLUT

I'm disappointed Seven Weeks didn't work for you. I use it as a guide for my supplement regime, although I have tailor made it, adding some things and substracting others according to my particular needs (and ideas). I also use MWO as a guide and have the products from MWO in addition.

I thought Baclofen was to counteract side effects of topomax. I didn't know it is also supposed to help with cravings.
          Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Comment

L-GLUT

Don't be dissapointed Beatle, it may not be a magic bullet but great diets and supplements are super important for us...keep it up!
            Deeby, good attitude and keep us up to speed....we wanna know!
            nosce te ipsum
            (Know Thyself)

Comment

L-GLUT

db2 and beatle from my experience with supplements, and vitamins, if you have caused damage to your organs, or if you have been addicted for a really long period of time, it may take sometime to start seeing results. I have, like you been using the MWO and also the seven weeks to sobriety regime. It's been around 8 months since I started and I am just beginning to see any change, and it's so slight that I could say that it's not working.
              don't give up!
              I finally gave up caffeine it really seems to help with anxiety and craving. that was a great effort.
              we have lots of hard and rewarding work ahead of us.
              :l trix:l
              You can't turn a pickle into a cucumber

Comment

L-GLUT

I just started to take a little more of the L-Glut at nite before bed and a Kuduz. I'm mid age, menopausal... and I was thinking it would help with the nite boredom eating... surgar drop. Does anybody have an idea? I'm only on my 10th day of working this program. I'm not sure the Vit. are working for me. But so far no side effects on the meds. I gained almost 3 pounds first week. Is that normal. ugh
                Sunny Out Looks are Contagious!

Comment

L-GLUT

Thanks trixie, you give me hope. I will continue (at least till I am out of the smuggled stuff!). I have basically given up coffee also, well just one cup a day. I even go CF some days. No problem with that. I just like coffee, but don't depend on it.

CaptJ, I also gained weight with stopping alcohol and/or moderating... I don't understand it.

Comment

Working...
                  X