First Kudzu experience-- holy shit!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Before I mosey off to bed (pretty sober, oh yeah!), I should mention that I DID drink anyway with the kudzu... it just did dampen that feeling of wanting to drink... For me that is GREAT... I am so happy and looking forward to tomorrow as a day in which I will drink much less. And the day after and the day after...
    Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

Kudzu and headaches?? I take Kudzu for my headaches, makes them go away zap!! Much better than asprin or tylenol.

Unfortunately, it doesn't do anything for my drinking.

I think I need to have my mouth sewn shut.

Beatle, I am so glad you found something that works for you. I really am. How awesome!! My baclofen is in customs, I hope it gets here soon and does not give me hallucinations (clients would be a bit concerned, hubby wouldn't know anything amiss heh heh.)

If the Kudzu works, take it and be happy. There are NO KNOWN SIDE EFFECTS TO KUDZU!! So if it works, that is awesome!!

Love and hoping for the best for you as always!!
      Cindi
      AF April 9, 2016

Comment

My first 30 days I took Kudzu from the MWO store and L-glut (1000mg) capsules as follows: 3 Kudzu and 1 L-glut at breakfast, lunch, and dinner time. I had no side effects and it really helped reduce the cravings. The first 3 or 4 days are the hardest but it's physical withdrawl, not cravings.

Don

Comment

Wow - kudzu helps your headaches? I have a headache right now and decided to take a kudzu. Can't make it worse.. maybe it will help.

Haven't noticed it curbing the desire to drink but I like the statement that is dampens the feeling to drink. When I have a headaches I definately don't feel like drinking - so maybe it is helping! ha

I haven't ordered the L-glut yet and only take 1 kudzu in the am and one at night.

Thanks for the input and good job Beatle on only having a few!

Comment

Well, weird thing, I slept like I was dead drunk last night (my husband confirms-- he says I even snored, very unusual for me) and woke up with a hungover feeling-- this from a couple drinks fairly early in the evening. I don't know what that kudzu is doing to me, but I have to assume it is amplifying the effect of alcohol, in addition to decreasing the desire.

My advice about l-glut is that it had nowhere near as dramatic an effect for me... and I take 5 grams (YES grams, that is 5,000mg) 2 or 3 times a day (always on an empty stomach). I think it can help if you have strong will power and desire to not drink-- it may make it easier to resist. I also think it has a calming effect. But it does not take away cravings or desire, at least not for me.

Now, I just hope this kudzu effect continues. Does anyone have the experience that its effectiveness wears off?
            Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Comment

I have ordered Kudzu from the store, and I hope it helps me! I tried another kind about six months ago, but it didn't work. Perhaps the MWO brand is more powerful? By now I'm willing to try anything to get me off my bottle of white wine a day.

Skydancer

Comment

I think the MWO brand is supposed to be "all powerful". And I can attest to that.

Comment

NEXT DAY: I slept again like I was dead drunk (this on just two drinks, again), woke up in a haze. Can't remember anything about last night. Don't even remember what I made for dinner. I'm telling you, this kudzu is powerful. I wonder if I just can't drink at all on it? It could work like Antabuse-- take your kudzu in the morning, and you've already made your decision to not drink for the night, because if you DO drink you will pass out (a real party pooper):

Anyone else have a similar experience?

I'm going to reduce my dose a bit today and hope it has the same effect of dampening my desire to drink-- without the knock-out effect.

Anyway, it certainly has helped to keep me moderate, and hopefully it will soon keep me sober (but not unconscious!).

Comment

That's interesting Beatle about the effects it is having on you. How much are you taking? I've increased my dosage from twice a day to 3x. I had 1 glass of wine of Monday night, nothing last night and right now I am really craving a drink! I did noticed a quick buzz last week when I drank and took kudzu.

I'm really thinking about how I am going to get through this craving. My goal is moderation so if I give in I think I can limit it to the one glass like the other night.

I like your updates and what you are experiencing with it. Last week I mentioned headaches, but I haven't had one in a few days.

Are you listening to the CDs?

Comment

Scorpio,

Unfortunately, I do not think Kudzu truly deals with cravings. (Read the research RJ has posted.)

However, it does make it easier for people to drink a lot less. I conjecture that it has something to do with blood supply, because Kudzu is also good for migraines. It really helps with mine, which is why I was surprised you got headaches from it. (too much blood to brain, perhaps??)

So, when you drink while taking Kudzu, you get drunk quickly, which for most people of any sanity would keep them from drinking more.

For someone like me, it is just a faster way to get really buzzed. sigh. I think I am one of the worst kinds of alcoholics. I love being blitzed. Kudzu did and does nothing for me to reduce how much I drink, it just gets me really screwed up faster....

I sure hope it works for you and Beatle, though. We all need a little help on this journey, be it supps, drugs or friends.

btw, my Baclofen I ordered from River Pharmacy cleared customs.

I will start a thread on how that is working as soon as I get it. I am scared, though, because the side effects can be hallucinations and/or seizures. Me hallucinating is a really scary thought. My brain has always been wired weird, hallucinations with this brain could be kind of off the wall.

Good luck and keep trying to figure out what helps.

Cindi
                      AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Thanks for the input Cindi. I guess I thought the kudzu was suppose to help w/craving, but it seems by the threads and by my experience that it will just get me high faster and won't drink as much. But that is still good

I have a history of migranes and haven't had one in awhile. So I think the headaches were associated with that. Luckily I never got a full blown migraine this time and maybe taking the kudzu helped!

Hallucinations don't sound fun! Hope it's not a side effect. Can't wait for your thread on that.

Comment

I was researching RJ.. kept thinking who is RJ? Ha ha - figured it out!

Thanks!

Comment

Thanks Cindi,

That explains a lot. I didn't realize the kudzu is supposed to make you get drunk faster. I haven't noticed that I get drunk faster on it, just that I get more drunk in the end on less alcohol.

Comment

And yes, Scorpio I do the CDs religiously. Or at least I have been doing.

I wish I could say I notice some result from the CDs but after doing them for the past couple of months, I can't really tell. I keep doing them just in case they do help (I usually fall alseep to them, though, so not sure how that affects the results.)

Comment

whats l-glut ?
                                ------------------------------
                                one hour at a time

Comment

Working...
                                X