Miracle food!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Miracle food!

Yeh, the Moosewood cookbooks are very good. I have 2 (or 3) of them. I just miss the pictures. I like cookbooks that show you how the food should look. It is a bit more inspiring that way. (or maybe I'm just a lacker in culinary imagination).
    Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

Miracle food!

Beatle - if you've room and light for a big plant pot (outside is fine) and get some Perpetual Spinach seeds from anywhere that sells garden stuff....it's great; pick and pick and it just keeps on growing! Not as much as it will in spring but it will none-the-less...I must get my pots going again. Nothing like green stuff straight from pot to pot to plate!

Thanks for this tip....off to the cupboard right now!
      :heart: c: :heart:
      "Be patient and gentle with yourself - the magic is in you."

Comment

Miracle food!

Never heard of Perpetual spinach seeds. Oh the things I learn here. Thanks FMS!!
        I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

Miracle food!

I just had quinoa spaghetti yesterday. The noodles were quinoa.

Comment

Miracle food!

How was it Lucky? I think I tried quinoa-corn pasta once and gagged.
            I've used to eat brown rice pasta - that is good (or maybe it was at the time because it was the first pasta I'd had in like a year, after swearing off refined flours)
            FINALLY -- I'm a non-drinker!!

Comment

Miracle food!

Thanks for the tip My own woman!

I will be sure to try it out. It sounds like you are doing really well nowadays. I ordered the book you suggested, Healing the Addictive Mind.

Comment

Miracle food!

Oh good! Let me know what you think of the book. It was truly powerful for me, but I never know if such stuff is all-around good or just what I needed at the time.
                FINALLY -- I'm a non-drinker!!

Comment

Miracle food!

Hi,
                  I have just found this website and quinoa, I make a batch of it ahead of time and then in the morning I take 1/2 cup quinoa, a chopped banana and 1tbsp of peanut butter and heat it up. Then I add some cinnamon. It is a strange combo but it is good and it "sticks" with you until lunch.

Comment

Miracle food!

welcome marybel! Yes, that does sound like a strange combination, but hey, if it works for you...
                    Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

Miracle food!

Yum!

MOW,
                      Thanks for the tip on Quinoa, I bought some and already after a few days I can feel the difference, it evens settles my stomach!
                      I have it for dinner then the leftovers for breaksfast.
                      Heres what I did last night
                      Cooked quinoa with chicken stock and a big juicy tomato
                      added when cooked steamed cubed carrot and kumera (orange sweet potato) baby spinach, finely diced shallots & red capsicum and mung sprouts for crunch, I did give it a slurp of cold pressed olive oil just before serving.
                      My husband loved it!
                      Thanks
                      Shas
                      Just keep on swmming, just keep on swimming!

Comment

Miracle food!

that is indian (south american) food. yes it is great. I make it with cheese.. parmesan. just like you would polenta.
                        i also cool it and put it in salads.
                        there is so much you can do with it and is better than wheat or corn.
                        yum yum
                        ki noa is how I learned to pronounce
                        You can't turn a pickle into a cucumber

Comment

Miracle food!

I LOVE quinoa - not eating it right now, but I use it in place of most all of my pastas, rice and they even have quinoa flakes - like mashed potatoes!

mmmmm
                          Face your deficiencies and acknowledge them, but do not let them master you. Let them teach you patience, sweetness, insight.

Comment

Miracle food!

I am eating quinoa all the time. I hate the quinoa pasta shells @ lunch and then regular quinoa in some homemade soup. Just bought more. As a vegetarian, I never knew if I was getting enough protein. Quinoa is the best thing ever. Wish I had found it years ago. I have had it for breakfast too with granola and blueberries. I think I have had it 5 days in a row not in different variations. I am enjoying experimenting. I never cook or create with food so this is definately new! My brain was always to consumed with getting a wine fix previously I think. This new way is nice. Oh yeah- quinoa has amino acids to make the brain happy! It really is a miracle food.

I bought PH papers today to test my alkaline levels. They say that if you have too much acid in your body, cancers can form so it is very important to keep within the specificed range and make lifestyle/diet changes if needed. I am really getting into the neuroscience of food, meaning food can be used as medicine. That is what macrobiotics is all about. And quinea is perfect!

Comment

Miracle food!

Can't find it anywhere here yet.. shall keep looking!
                              Thanks for the tip guys.
                              Love

Comment

Miracle food!

just found this thread........you are all so upbeat, so infectious!

I cooked it once, in chicken stock, and made couscous with it. Brought it to work, everyone loved it.

Have been drinking more than eating, until I found MWO. I used to love to cook, going to go to the farm stand for some baby spinach, stop and get some more quinoa and start cooking! Thanks all!

Comment

Working...
                                X