Miracle food!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Miracle food!

you do have to be careful of course...watch out for shipping fees...if unspecified they can really zap you.
    nosce te ipsum
    (Know Thyself)

Comment

Miracle food!

Quinoa Queens!

I am still devouring the stuff. I ran out of the usual add-ins like banana and prunes and no soya milk either, so squeezed in half a lemon (me and lemons!)and some nuts, a bit of apple, was just so good to get the old Q feeling. I am in love with the flakes, they are so fast. Eating it warm is so comforting, like insulation before going out into the foul weather we've got. My Sunshine Substitute Seed!
      Love to hear how you are all doing on the miracle food front-any new ideas? any new converts?

byeee (it's broad bean puree tonight- love it!)

Anna:h

:catroll:
      IS MILIS FION,ACH IS SEARBH A IOC
      Wine is sweet, but paying for it is bitter

Comment

Miracle food!

I'm still hooked on having it with wilted spinach, but am preparing it slightly differently. I saute chopped garlic in a skillet, in olive oil and a tad of butter, then add the quinoa... when it's hot I add spinach. SO good witht he addition of garlic.
        Sunday I made a glorious soup with leeks, kale, turkey and quinoa. mmmmmm mmm good!
        FINALLY -- I'm a non-drinker!!

Comment

Miracle food!

MOW
          I have just got to ask you! Do you have the quinoa + spinach+GARLIC for breakfast? If so you are one tough woman! Can I also ask, after said breakfast,do you work alone or are there friends/colleagues/loved ones sitting near?

Just curious.

Anna :h

ps Move Over Popeye

Comment

Miracle food!

LOL
            Yup, that's my breakfast. I work near other people, but to hell with them if they don't like my garlickness!

Comment

Miracle food!

MOW

I made Quinoa flakes yesterday in microwave for 1-2 mins with prunes and prune juice and sesame seeds and unsulphered dark dried apricots and cashews and fresh satsumas-it turned out like christmas pud-mmmmmmmmmm. Am sure there is a reason I should not have used microwave, but hell I was in a hurry! And healthier than real christmas pud!

ps MOW You can sit next to me anytime because you are the Quinoa Queen Bee and because I love spinach too and garlic, just not in the early morning, that's all I'm saying (I think).

Have a great weekend everyone.
              Off to staff party. Need a stiff tonic before I go LOL

Comment

Miracle food!

just got my fancy schmancy black "Q" and it's fab! what a great texture and flavour.

MOW I'm with you .... garlic for breakfast anytime
                nosce te ipsum
                (Know Thyself)

Comment

Miracle food!

D, was it chewy? I am curious to know how it differs from regular quinoa, but you have not had regular quinoa before have you? I will give some a try.....
                  I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

Miracle food!

OK! I'm convinced

I went to the Whole Foods store and loaded up on Quinoa pastas, flour, and basic seeds. Came home and made Q pasta shells with cheese sauce and a separate bowl of Q pasta with Ragu. The teenagers turned up their noses! They want carry out. Whatever! Then they can pay for it with their own money...

BTW - I also picked up "Z sweet" (Erythritol), because they didn't have Xylitol. I'll have to research this stuff ... but it's got to be healthier than Sugar!
                    -Patty-

Comment

Miracle food!

the black "Q" is just awesome...it's got a slight crunch to it although subtle. and it's gorgeous when cooked...really looks cool on a bed of arugula.

tonight I made the above salad with a dressing of thyme/mandarin orange juice/white balsamic reduction and caramelized shallots...yowsa!
                      nosce te ipsum
                      (Know Thyself)

Comment

Miracle food!

Good to know. Your dinner sounds delish. I am having Q for dinner tonight but just cooked in chicken broth over a bed of spinach, sprinkled with goat cheese.
                        I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

Miracle food!

This stuff is awesome. I've been eating it a few weeks and I feel great!! Thanks so much for turning me on to it.

Comment

Miracle food!

Determinator;236576 wrote: the black "Q" is just awesome...it's got a slight crunch to it although subtle. and it's gorgeous when cooked...really looks cool on a bed of arugula.

tonight I made the above salad with a dressing of thyme/mandarin orange juice/white balsamic reduction and caramelized shallots...yowsa!

Determinator! -this sounds gorgeous!

MWO and All Q Queens-Time for the MWO Quinoa Recipe Book?

RJ?

ps what is arugula and can I get it in the UK?

Comment

Miracle food!

Ha! Get this...
                              They're gonna grow quinoa in space to feed colonies in the final frontier!!

Read more...
                              Quinoa: Candidate Crop for NASA's Controlled Ecological Life Support Systems

Comment

Miracle food!

Determinator...just read your recipe for black q with the thyme, mandarin orange, caramelized shallots (my favorite), etc. on arugula. If you are this creative, would you please write a q cookbook?

Huge snow storm coming this weekend, but I going to be on a mission to find black q before the white stuff starts. LOVE cooking when it snows. Light a fire , eat some q, turn on sports or watch a movie, what could be better.

I've been sauteeing all different colors of peppers, onions, shallots, adding either chicken, shrimp or homemade sausage, fresh herbs (basil and oregano so far). A squeeze or two of lemon juice instead of wine. I'm in heaven.

Can't wait to try your black q salad.

Comment

Working...
                                X