• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Natural depression relief

I agree with you determinator...

and don't forget caffeine...

Comment

I'm doing the Atkins Induction right now and have NEVER felt better. I think simple carbs for SOME people are the kiss of death. Or at least the kiss of depression. It has actually helped me not drink. Day 5 of induction and day 5 A/F and no cravings. I'm only taking a B complex, Cromium and magnesium.

Comment

Keep tellling me your progress, Dolly. Do you think no sugar makes your cravings go away? Isn't alcohol all sugar?
        I take Zoloft for SAD, and Trazedone to sleep. I've been 'stressed' - I hate that word, used too much. I shipped my beloved kids off to their dad's for Christmas. Now I have a week to really focus on MWO, and getting healthy.
        Also, for the SAMe/SJW crowd, do you take them both together? Or do they get drug interactions?

Comment

I really think no sugar cuts the cravings. My boyfriend has even had beer in the house and it hasn't phased me at all. Beer was never my drink of choice but the last year or so it hasn't really mattered to me what it was as long as it was alcohol. I've been home alot the past week getting ready for the holidays and being home was always a big trigger for me and I've been fine with just herbal tea. I hope it continues this way.

Good luck this week

Comment

Det........tell me more about "simple/bad carbos" please.........I want to feel great in 2008.
            Don`t know anything much about diet........only know how to count calories to lose weight. lol Would be good if ousting all the junk food from our diet could considerably boost mood. So, what are bad carbs?........`cos I would hazard a guess that my kitchen cupboards are full of them.....no kidding!!! :H

Thanks,

Starlight Impress x

Comment

D, I could not agree with you more. I truly believe that the majority of people that are so-called depressed are really feeding their bodies crap in terms of food and their brain and blood sugar are on a wild rollercoaster. And sadly the pharma companies take advantage of that and come up with pills for us to take.
              I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

I am very new to this program, but it's inspiring me to get healthy again. Yesterday, I took half my Zoloft pill; tapering down, and in a few days I'll start with SAMe. What is the best way to go to sleep? 5htp makes me nauseous, or maybe that was because I combined it with alcohol.

Comment

I like 6 mg of Melatonin. Seems to work for me once the initial alchohol w/d was over.

Comment

Hey Starlight - I just saw your post asking for more info about "bad carbs". Generally that would refer mostly to simple sugars (sugar, corn syrup, etc), refined flours (as in white bread and pasta), and white rice.... and then all the processed foods that use these - which is just about all processed foods.

If you really want to "feel great in 2008" you need to start cooking yourself some good food girl! (I remember you saying that you eat easy-to-reheat foods)
                    FINALLY -- I'm a non-drinker!!

Comment

I wanted to let you all know what a major turnaround I've had in my mood this week, after just a few days of taking my supps consistently!!!
                      The day after Cmas I was deeply depressed again, nearly at the "i wish i were dead" point yet again. So I went to the HF store and got higher dosage of 5htp and GABA than I had tried before, and began taking them and St Johns Wort, fish oil caps and All One very consistently.

I am AMAZED at the difference in myself!!
                      Yesterday my daughter and i had such a wonderful time together, lots of chattering and laughter, whereas for too long we haven't been like that, not for a whole day anyway, because i'm so blue and cranky.
                      And usually on the Sunday morninigs that she is with her dad I lie in bed after waking up dreading the 14 hours ahead, of being alone and miserable. But this morning I woke and got excited for the day and all the things I'm gonna do - like clean the house, and exercise, and write, etc.

I feel GOOD!! So I"m sharing this cuz if anyone out there has depression issues and hasn't given a really shot at using supps to correct it, I highly encourage you to give it a try!!
                      FINALLY -- I'm a non-drinker!!

Comment

Working...
                      X