Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

why have we been lied to about cholesterol and heart disease?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Det,

Okay, okay. I need to quit smoking.

I get it.

Cindi
    AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Beatle - I think I remember reading that grape seeds are good for you - but you have to chew them up. crunchcrunchcrunch!

I'm of the belief that isolating singular dietary bads and goods is a tad ridiculous. I mean, it's good to know that trans-fats are killers, that that juice Det mentioned is super (I've had it) - but really, it's all about eating FRESH WHOLE FOODS. If we did, then we wouldn't have to have so many discussions about what contributes to heart disease, diabetes, etc, and we'd simply live longer and better. AND IT can be done while enjoying scrumpdelyicious meals!
      (ok, i'm off to dunkin donuts for breakfast... JK!!)
      FINALLY -- I'm a non-drinker!!

Comment

MOW...agreed totally. lets get back to nature...regardless of the details. I brought up the cholesterol controversy mostly because I thought it was fascinating and ironic all at the same time.

ok, off to another fascinating study: the two groups of humans that live the longest and have very different diets:

1) Sardinia (off the west coast of Italy)
        2) Okinowa (their diet is very different from Japans BTW)

stay tuned for the next exciting episode!
        nosce te ipsum
        (Know Thyself)

Comment

Det - thanks for the info.
          Maybe swalowing grapes seeds will make you grow a grape vine out of your belly button.
          "Life is what happens to you when you're busy making other plans" - John Lennon

Comment

And we all know that grapvines growing out of our belly buttons are so much fun!!

LOL,
            Cindi
            AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Could be cindi - then could tread my own grapes, have my own vintage and ....oh let's not go there!

Cashy
              xxx
              "Life is what happens to you when you're busy making other plans" - John Lennon

Comment

Working...
              X