GABA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GABA

simeybear;268060 wrote: GABA gives me a headache. I have just started taking natrum muriaticum. I'll keep you up on how that works.
    M

Nat Mur is only so/so for me, I like Sulphuricum Acidum which is supposed to be the
    heomeopathic remedy for alchoholism. Nothing magic, just another tool. I wish Nat Mur worked. It seems with homeopathy each person is unique and its a roll of the dice when you try each new remedy but if it works, it is worth it all.
    Patience has its limits. Take it too far, and it's cowardice.
    - George Jackson

Comment

GABA

Cindi,

You might also want to try Phenibut, someone on this board recommended it a while back, the stuff is awesome! Total relaxation and great after a workout to prevent muscle cramps and promote muscle relaxation.

Take Care,

Myheart
      - George Jackson

Comment

GABA

Day 3 here, picked up some 750 gaba from gnc today...

Getting ready to take my first dose. I hope it works!!
        sigpic
        Go confidently in the direction of your dreams! Live the life you?ve imagined,,,,,

Comment

GABA

I can raise the amount of GABA? I've been taking 750 mg for a week or more. I have the capsules from MWO......so how do I get to the 1000? Break open the capsules? If I break open the capsules to get to the powder, is that okay? Calling Dr. Det.!
          Noelle sez "Do want you like, like what you do. Life is Good."

Comment

GABA

I take 1000 mgs of GABA in morning and at night. Since I've been doing this with 5-htp and St. Johns Wort I've been able to cut my drinking in half and depression is GONE.

And I too get that weird tingling!! I had to rotate through my supps to narrow it down, definitely is the GABA. But funny thing is - it seems to only happen with my morning dose. I have a sense that it's because I'm drinking coffee.
            FINALLY -- I'm a non-drinker!!

Comment

GABA

Hi all. Sorry to be so technical here, but I rely on my vitamin and herb reference book often, and I have information that may help on GABA. It can safely be taken up to 1500 mg daily. Here is the description. "It is an amino acid that acts as a neurotransmitter in the central nervous system. Its function is to decrease neuron activity and inhibit nerve cells from overfiring. Together with niacinimide and inoditol, it prevents anxiety and stress related messages from reaching the motor centers of the brain by occupying their receptor sites. GABA can be taken to calm the body in much the same way as Valium, Librium, and other tranquilizers, but without the fear of addiction. Too much GABA, however, can cause increased anxiety, shortness of breath, numbness around the mouth, and tingling in the extremities. "

I recognized the name of the amino acid when I started to research supplements because it is also an active ingredient used in some anti-aging skin care creams and serums. I had ordered it for that reason from a company online in powder form. The store is actually an ebay store. I don't remember if they sell capsules, but I bought a kilogram of the GABA powder for under $30, which should go a very long way. I actually estimate the amount I put in my lemonade. It's my new AF mixed drink!

Hope this info helps.
              Failure is not falling down; it is remaining where you have fallen.

Comment

GABA

Hi Reallywanna - thanks much for this info! The description of anxiety, shortness of breath, tingling etc is exactly what I feel about half an hour after taking it. I will cut my dose and see what happens.
                Thanks!
                FINALLY -- I'm a non-drinker!!

Comment

GABA

Hi, Wanna,

Thanks for the info!!

I have started taking GABA first thing a.m. and mid afternoon. 750 mg caps.

It seems to be helping.

Whenever I start slacking on my supplements, the cravings are even worse.

Cindi
                  AF April 9, 2016

Comment

GABA

Thanks for that Really. ACK, I sure don't want to take too much! Don't need more anxiety!!!!!!!!

Comment

GABA

i started taking gaba a week ago tomorrow and it was really wierd at first a mad rush to my head and tingling in my arms and legs but a bout half hour later i was totally chilled but i only take it at night before i go to sleep i have also found the quality of my sleep has improved and the dreams i have are not nightmares like i was first getting when i didnt drink now they are nice relaxed dreams and i feel very alive in the morning now because of the rest i have at night i just take one heaped tea
                      spoonful in water about half hour before i go to bed plus along with the supps i have taken up reading good novels where i get so engrossed in the book i forget all about the cravings for a drink

Comment

GABA

Is the powder better than the pills/capsules? Because I'll break open those capsules and put it OJ or cranberry juice if it is. Will it work faster if I snort it? (Sorry, j/k with that part. I can't help it.)

Comment

GABA

looking for help to sleep too

:help! I have been looking around the posts for info from anyone on GABA- I am trying to get off the valium I have started taking again to sleep...it is a vicious cycle for me. Had to go out of town last week and always have more trouble sleeping when I am away, so I had to resort to Ambien (which I hate) When I get home, I take a 1/2 of vlium to get off the Ambien. It really is a yucky feeling. I am taking additional new supps for sleeping. I have tried melatonin but it didn't really help..you name it- I've tried it.
                          But not GABA- so I have the other supplements and have been on them about a week or so. I have had insomnia for a very long time.:sigh:

Comment

GABA

I am taking 5 HTP and sleep like a baby.

Comment

GABA

I love GABA, it kind of upset my stomach though
                              - George Jackson

Comment

GABA

5HTP has worked wonders for me too. I have the GABA and just need to get consistent about taking it because I hear good things about it especially if you have a drinker's brain.
                                I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

Working...
                                X