Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mia Again

Hi MIA, wooflet and Myra
    See Mia we have kept your name in lights for you even when you are not here. One glass of red wine and no more hey whats bad about that ! I had 2 glasses of red wine the first weekend of my 18 days and I dont even count them as I dont drink red wine and I just had them to be sociable (not worried about that any more tho). My drink of choice (well no choice really which is why its a problem) is white wine. Like a lot of people I dont have any desire to drink any other alcohol even if there was truck loads of it around unless I was so pissed (that means drunk for the benefit of any americans) I couldnt tell the difference!
    Its Friday evening here and I have no cravings at all and am going out for dinner and a movie later (lars and the real girl) and I am not even worried I will crack as everyone else will no doubt be having wine at dinner and at the movies and maybe even afterwards. It's great not worrying about that and I can even make plans for tomorrow morning without wondering if I will be in the land of the living.
    I couldnt tell you how many times I have gone for a drink before the movies and never made it to the movies - 8 hours of drinking later..... what an idiot eh...
    Anyway hope you all have a good Friday evening. Will let you know if the movie is any good.
    BH

Comment

Mia Again

Hi Boozehag still love that name and that is how I am feeling this morning like a hag. I hit it last night I hate that 4 litre red wine box in my kitchen. I did not go to work. Oh well. But on a good note my nails are still growing and I have not had a puff!!! Today is another day. I'm soooo proud of you day 19? I cannot remember the last time I went to the movies at night...they dont sell wine in there. Maybe thats why. Was the movie good? what did you see? I love movies. Thats what I might do today get some dvd its raining outside. What did you mean you have my name in lights? Still trying that chat room but its still not bloody working.

Comment

Mia Again

Hello Mia
        Meaning every time someone replies to this thread you go back up to the top! Wooflet and I were posting on it even though you were'nt posting. So if you logged on you would see your name on the headings even though you werent here. Just to make you feel special!
        Sorry you didnt make it through last night but dont worry just keep trying. Thats all you can do. Just wondering why you would have a cask of wine in the house when you are trying to abstain. Thats a bit tough I would have thought.
        The move I went to see was Lars and the real girl (and you can bring your wine into the cinema with you - we are just so much more civilised in NZ than you Ozzies!) any way I just had coffee which was good. The movie was terrible dont even think about seeing it. So bad I tried to sleep to pass the time and got the giggles at the death scene (it was a plastic doll for god's sake). I saw a great movie last week on sky with Will Ferrell and Emma Thompson (odd pairing I know) called stranger than fiction. It was so good.
        I am a bit worried today as I am on chantix if you are following those threads about suicides and I am sure my 19 days is totally attributable to that never managed cold turkey before.
        Cant understand why you cant access the chat room very odd.
        Thats all for now talk later and chin up just keep trying.
        BH

Comment

Mia Again

Hi Mia
          Hope you had a good weekend. If you didn't drink that's awesome, and if you did - as BH says, just keep trying, and focus on the positives (ie drinking less is real progress).
          Woof

Comment

Mia Again

HI WOOFLET! Thanks for that. I did drink a littlle on the weekend. But today I try to go AF today. I have to go now of to the gym to work of that yucky wine!! I talk later.....

Comment

Working...
            X