Alcohol and hypoglycemia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alcohol and hypoglycemia

Dolly Sunshine, you are very correct. Unfortunately the media has done of pretty good job of crucifying perhaps the most beneficial and potentially disease fighting diet ever conceived.
    a short list of ignorant statements we hear about Atkins:

-you can't stay on it for long because it's unhealthy
    -they don't let you eat vegetables
    -it's a high fat diet

all of those statements are BS. I have friends and direct family that are not only still alive but now don't need insulin as a result of this brilliant system.
    nosce te ipsum
    (Know Thyself)

Comment

Alcohol and hypoglycemia

Thank you Determinator...I am going to go back on it..but probably modified..are you pre-diabetic?
      "Everything you try to avoid about yourself
      will keep playing out insidiously in your life.
      This creates the perfect opportunity for you to embrace,
      love and heal this part of self."

Comment

Alcohol and hypoglycemia

Research article

Flyin high,
        I can't find the article in the Research section. There was a link to some Boston U articles that did not work. I did a bit of research but still am feeling fuzzy headed. It's been a stressful day. At least it has been an AF day. Thanks for your help.

CS

Comment

Alcohol and hypoglycemia

Hi SummerAir, not sure if I'm quite prediabetic but I was close enough that my doc was concerned. I really need to go in for a blood test soon since that was a few months ago.
          Being a hobby gourmet it's really hard for me to commit to any kind of a diet...arg!
          but even if we cut out the sugars and other simple carbs it would be very helpful to us.
          nosce te ipsum
          (Know Thyself)

Comment

Alcohol and hypoglycemia

My blood sugar is so high every year that I need to go to the lab for the the 4 hour diabetes test, Ugh! I guess this means I am not hypoglycemic but rather have high blood sugar from drinking too much

Because if I had hypoglycemia I would be drinking to raise my low blood sugar levels up to a normal level, right???? Please confirm or explain otherwise Lushy TIA

Myheart
            Patience has its limits. Take it too far, and it's cowardice.
            - George Jackson

Comment

Working...
            X