What about EPO?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What about EPO?

What about EPO? It shows up in the updated recommendations, but not the original list of supplements... I can't figure whether to get some of that stuff, or what it's for???

Thanks!

What about EPO?

I'm guessing that what they are referring to is Evening Primrose Oil? It's uses include healing gastro-intestinal disorders and will as being a sedative.

The only other thing I am aware of is the EPO used for doping (think cycling), and it's a hormone that stimulates red blood cell production and therefore the body's ability to supply itself with oxygen.
    Sobriety Date: June 15, 2007 -- "It's not having what you want, It's wanting what you've got...."

Comment

What about EPO?

Hi there,
      In an effort to relieve some of my PMS symptoms, I added EPO to my list of supplements. This is some of the advice our resident "supplement guru" Beatle gave me:

On the EPO, what you are really after is the GLA. (I think we could make a song out of this, hey?)

Anyway, the GLA is that good oil stuff you can get in many different places and you need a lot, so don't worry about doubling up on it. Borage oil is supposed to be the most concentrated form, but it hasn't been studied as much as Evening Primrose Oil, which is tried and true. Just take a lot of it and you will be happy. It makes your skin, nails and hair strong and shiny, and helps with PMS, and on top of that, it is good for the liver.

I think the recommended dose is around 1,500-3,000 mg of the EPA per day (or 150-300mg of the GLA).

The Omega 3-6-9 had EPO in it. Honestly, I can't tell the difference yet, I think I need to give it more time and maybe take more after reading this again.

Hope this helps!
      The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

What about EPO?

Ah, thank you both! I knew there was something that seemed not-right about EPO, and now I see that's because I have been reading stuff about bicycling and doping!

Evening Primrose! Got it!

Comment

What about EPO?

I rest my case.
          Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

What about EPO?

Beatle!!!

How are you doing???

Love,
            Cindi
            AF April 9, 2016

Comment

What about EPO?

OK, just barely. Not drunk (phew!).
              Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

What about EPO?

Awesome!!

Are you hanging in there or "hanging in there?"

Love,
                Cindi
                AF April 9, 2016

Comment

What about EPO?

Beatle!!!

There you are--I've missed you!:h I hope you're feeling better!!:l
                  The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

Working...
                  X