Fear of subliminal on cd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fear of subliminal on cd

I just started with the cds today and I find myself fearful of the subliminal messages. Has anyone else experienced this? Anyone done the cds and had weird response?:new:
    ~bjb
    Things do not change, we change.
    ~Henry David Thoreau

Fear of subliminal on cd

Someone did mention something similar about getting nervous when the guy gets real stern, on maybe the Hypnotic CD. I don't remember who, though! Search for "Hypnotherapy" thread.

Comment

Fear of subliminal on cd

I am always wary of that kind of thing too...but I suppose it could be on anything ...and we wouldnt know ?
      ?We are one another's angels?
      Sober since 29/04/2007

Comment

Fear of subliminal on cd

I read a suggestion on another thread to go to the hypnotist's website and read what is said subliminally. Great suggestion...maybe the script for the messages can be included with the cd set.
        ~bjb
        Things do not change, we change.
        ~Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Fear of subliminal on cd

I just got the CDs in the mail... sorry to say that they kind of added to my skepticism (I am TRYING to engage a spirit of willingness... really I am... ). The insert that came with the CD's says that what is being said on the subliminal CDs is, basically, something along the lines of: (subliminal) that you really enjoy listening to the recordings, and (sleep) that you are going to sleep really well.

The guy's voice sounds robotic. I had a bit of training in therapeutic hypnosis, quite a while back, and I'm pretty sure that the hypnotherapist should be using a voice that is at least human-sounding, with some inflection and tone, and maybe even a bit soothing...

It could very well be that these recordings help a lot of people, and that's great. And, I do still intend to sit down with them and make a serious effort. Hell I am so committed to getting AL out of my life that I would (possibly) even do rolfing! After all, here I am, a Southern girl, eating something called kudzu!! Kudzu is a noxious invasive WEED!!!

But at first glance (first listen), I am not very impressed...

wip

Comment

Fear of subliminal on cd

the hypno was wierd for me at first but i have listened to it almost every night for over a year and really rely on it as a sleep aid! Ironically I find I don't sleep well to the 'sleep learning' tracks, but fall to sleep promptly during normal hypno. ?? maybe I'm just a tad off my rocker.
            nosce te ipsum
            (Know Thyself)

Comment

Fear of subliminal on cd

Ha! Well my sleep has not been great for months, I had hoped that getting off the AL would help with that... but I am still (8 days AF) typically waking up, unable to get back to sleep, and getting up around 3:30 or 4 or so...

Maybe I'll set up a machine in the bedroom to play the hypno recordings at me and see how that goes...

wip

Comment

Fear of subliminal on cd

I've gotten to where the sleep c.d. (the one that sounds like a stream) puts me out like a light...it's kind of nice.

Comment

Fear of subliminal on cd

I have had issues with sleep now for a while also -- waking up at 3 or 4 AM and not being ableto get back to sleep. I read on Joan Larson's Seven Weeks to Sobriety website that this particular sleep patern (not just vague "sleep problems") is associated with alcohol related depression.

Comment

Fear of subliminal on cd

bjb - everyone is so different - what works for one, may not work for another. Go with your gut.
                    AF since Jan. 1, 2008 .... It all began right here

Raise your hopeful voice, you have a choice, you made it now.

(from the Movie "Once")

Comment

Fear of subliminal on cd

Yep, good, restorative sleep has been virtually impossible for me for a VERY long time. I, too, wake up at 3 or 4 and cannot go back to sleep without meds. I can't wait to go to sleep and get at least six hours of interrupted sleep. Please someone tell me that when you quit drinking, the restful sleep returns!! Sleepless in Georgia. KTB

Comment

Fear of subliminal on cd

Yeah, KTB, it generally does return. Takes a while. At just over 30 days AF, I am definitely getting 6 or 7 good hours of sleep nearly every night.

wip

Comment

Fear of subliminal on cd

I was worried that I wouldn't like the CDs after reading some negative posts about the guy's voice. But after listening to them for the first time last night, I gotta say, I like them! I just don't let it bug me how he says "hammock"! :H
                          And maybe I'm weird (ok, I KNOW I am!), but I think it's kind of hot when he counts the numbers in that sort of stern voice! Or maybe it's just the few hundred times he kept saying "deeper".... :giggle:

In any case, I did find myself in a very relaxed state and decided that even if the hypno part of it was all bull, it was a good meditation/relaxation period.
                          I generally can't sleep if there is any noise but a fan or air conditioner or something like, so I had to keep the sleep CD on to the point of it being almost inaudible. I will keep at it though, I figure I will just get used ot it. Luckily my b/f can sleep through anything so I could blast the CD and he wouldn't mind. I can see how the stream in the sleep learning CD ties in with the clearing process that he walks you through, so I figure that it is reinforcing letting go of negative influences. Sounds good to me, I'll keep at it.
                          Better Living Through Chemistry

Switched at 180mgs of Baclofen on 1/31/11, and again on 10/8/11 at 200mgs.

Could've been a swan on a glassy lake, could've been a gull in a clipper's wake. Could've been a ladybug on a windchime, but she was born a dragonfly.
                          ~Clutch

Comment

Fear of subliminal on cd

RJ's PM to me about subliminal messages:
                            Re: Question on CDs

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi, Kris, and thanks for getting in touch. I'm so happy to know the program is working well for you and that you're connecting with other "MWO'ers".

Regarding the subliminal content in the recording: it reinforces the message about controlling your alcohol use. People also find it helps them sleep because it is quite calming, but this is not its main purpose. However, many folks who quit drinking find they have difficulty sleeping--so it can be beneficial. Luckily, it sounds like this is not a problem for you!

Thanks again for writing and keep up the excellent work!
                            Does this help ease your mind about the subliminal messages. For me, I might need to look into the abstainer CD, if sold separately. I don't really want to CONTROL what I drink- my goal is to completely quit...for good! Have a great day! kriger
                            "People usually fail when they are on the verge of success. So give as much care to the end as to the beginning." Lao-Tzu

Comment

Working...
                            X