Ayurveda

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ayurveda

Has anyone here tried following an Ayurveda program? I am reading "Perfect Health" by Deepak Chopra and find the book fascinating and somewhat confusing.
    I started taking ashwaghanda (an ayurvedic herb) recently and have noticed a dramatic reduction in anxiety.
    I was wondering if anyone has had success overcoming addiction practicing any of the techniques he mentions...

Jackie

Ayurveda

Jackie,

I don't know too much about Ayurveda. I just picked up Ageless Mind, Timeless Body (Deepak Chopra)at the used bookstore for $1 (yay). I know it's an older book, but it looks very interesting. The very first comment is: "People don't grow old, when they stop growing, they become old"....I love that.

Tell us more about the Ayurveda program? Is that with herbs, meditation.....

Everything I need is within me!

Comment

Ayurveda

I have met Depak several times and I like him very much and really respect his work. I certainly believe that there is validity in Ayurvedic medicine. It is an ancient practice that is still widely practiced today. One thing that i found very helpful that is recommended by Ayurvedic practitioners is to eat fresh grapes to curb cravings for alcohol. i would buy them by the lbs. and always have them in the fridge. They helped me stay away from the drink many a time.
      sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Comment

Ayurveda

My only and first experience with Ayurvedic medicine was also Deepak Chopra, but a book called "Overcoming Addictions".
        I took the test to see which type I am, which is a true Pitta but TBH I don't quite know where to go from there.

I am looking forward to following this thread.
        "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

Ayurveda

Thanks Jackie. I just ordered the herb which you mentioned. I hope it will help with my increasing anxiety. Keep us posted on any other interesting things you learn or try.
          I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

Ayurveda

I thought I would post some of the basics from Deepak Chopra's book Freedom from Addiction:
            "1. Forgive yourself as you make commitments to heal.
            2. Begin a daily practice of silent meditation.
            3. Think about your choices in terms of nourishment and toxicity, and consciously minimize the experiences that contribute to the contamination of your body, mind, or soul.
            4. Ensure that you receive a variety of nurturing sensory experiences on a daily basis. In addition to healthy food, pay attention to the ingestion of healthy sounds, sensations, sights, and smells.
            5. Release from your heart the emotional charge associated with unmet needs from your past. Learn to communicate your needs consciously so you gain confidence that your future can unfold differently from your past.
            6. Take care of your physical body through daily routines that enhance flexibility, balance, and strength. Become intimate with your breath.
            7. Embark on a lifelong voyage of self-discovery. Take the time to quiet your mind and ask questions of yourself to bring clarity into your life.
            8. Envision your life as a journey of expanding awareness. Celebrate the expansion of your inner reference point from ego to spirit."

If I could stick with his basic principles, I know my life would be much better. I just have a hard time commiting to anything healthy full time.

Jackie

Comment

Ayurveda

Jackie,

I have the same book. I agree you just have to commit full time and there is the issue. I get weak. No, I get lazy.

Nice to see others striving for a healthier life, despite detours.

Comment

Ayurveda

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK! I love his work...I have the tape about Addiction and I listen to it when I go on my walks.

Comment

Ayurveda

Charlygirl,

Is the tape a hypnosis tape or just inspiring thoughts?

Bright

Everything I need is within me!

Comment

Working...
                  X