Holy Basil and Bee Pollen combo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello friends. I posted this on the starting out thread a few days ago. I was curious if anyone has heard of this crazy thing (crazy to me at least) that a new doctor told me to take.

This was my first visit with this lady doctor, and I told her I have a drinking problem (I SHOULD have been more clear about how serious)

So this M.D. told me to go to the health store, get Holy Basil and Bee Pollen. Take 1 Holy Basil and 2 Bee Pollen in the morning, and repeat same later on in the day.

I thought this was very strange, but she certainly seemed to know what she is talking about, so I just nodded my head and said "OK"

I will admit, its only been two days, and I do feel very good (mentally and physically feel very healthy) but has anyone heard of this before??? Its very interesting that she would prescribe this.

Thank you all for any input!
    I LOVE MY SEROTONIN AND BOOZE SCREWS IT UP!!!!!

I will say that i have never heard of the two of these in combination but they are both very good and naturally healing. I am sure you can do no harm and it may do ALOT OF GOOD. Keep us posted. I am interested in the results you get ??? It may be another tool that we can use to help ourselves heal from this disease.
    sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Comment

I agree that after reading about both of these herbs (well bee pollen is not an herb) that both of these sound like very good things to take.

Maybe in this combination does something really wonderful, I dont know. Its just very interesting that a medical doctor would tell me to take these for alcohol addiction.

I have been feeling very well lately! I would definately recommend someone to try these, it certainly cannot hurt, and only help your body. not expensive either, under 20 dollars for both of these, and I went to an expensive store.

Comment

Now I am seriously tempted....
        I wonder where I can get them from....
        Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
        Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Interesting . . .

Hi OverIt, Evie.Lou, Oney, Starts and all to come . . .

I was just thinking this morning that I don't have a health plan since I became unemployed, nor does Hubby and I need to get some Singulaire for Asthma in abt. 2 weeks.

But after reading this thread hummmmm ~ research shows Holy Basil to be helpful for asthma among other health problems. So I am ordering some from Health Store. Bee Pollen, hummm, research says something about allergies to bees, while I am allergic in the sense of swelling around the sting, I am not traumatically allergic like my brother.

Results will be very interesting, thanx for sharing!

Comment

Hi Polar, I take the singulaire...its good stuff isnt it? But I guess if there is something natural, thats better...
            Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
            Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Holy Basil and Bee Pollen Combo

Thank you for sharing your info. I am a new to this site (completing my first AF day yesterday). In anticipation of having many AF days, I have been looking for holistic ideas to help me through. I will go to the health food store today and try the Holy Basil and Bee Pollen.

I must say I was a little embarrassed to go in and ask for something to decrease my cravings for alcohol and something to reduce the anxiety that I was using the excessive alcohol for.

One day I went into Whole Foods and asked for something that helps people deal with cravings, they brought me to the weight loss section confirming yet another area for self-improvement.

Thanks again!
              kam:new:

Comment

I have ordered my Holy Basil from Solaray - they are 450mg.

My Bee Pollen is in capsules 500mg.

Is that the same mgs as the tabs you are taking OverIt? I would like to take the dose that the doctor ordered

Comment

KAM, welcome!!!!

Be sure to check out the "starting out" forums too. Its a great place to get started with MWO.

For cravings? What has seemed to work well for me is the L-Glutamine, in capsule form. And also Kudzo. All found at the health food stores. On Kudzo label, says used for reducing alcohol cravings.

Dont be embarressed to ask for what will help you. Im sure the people at the health food store are more than happy to answer your questions about a holistic approach to dealing with drinking. Im they have heard it before!!!

Marbella, let me check my dose. You know, my doctor was very vague about everything. She did not tell me how many milligrams or anything.

Lets see, my milligrams on my bee pollen are 580 mg. I take 4 a day, two in the AM and two in the PM.

The Holy Basil is 450 mg. One in the AM and on at lunch.

Good luck with it, and please keep me posted!!

Love,

Overit

Comment

Thanks OverIt- mine will be the same then

Comment

thanks

Thank you OverIt.

I will check the "starting out" forum. I have not made a commitment to be AF but I really want to. Also thanks for the advice on asking for help in the health food store.

Many thanks,
                      Kam

Comment

just wanted to say, if you are allergic to pollen, i wouldn't take the bee pollen, unless you consult a homeopath.

Comment

I checked my store today. The holy basil was $30 for a 30 day supply. That's more than I usually pay for supps. So I guess I'll wait for others to lead the way...

Comment

re: the bee pollen and allergies. When I was in Paris and had terrible (I mean disabling) allergies (pollen -- has always been a problem for me), I went to an apothecary (I think they combine pharmacies and health food stores into one there) and I told them (and showed them) my allergy problem, and they gave me bee pollen. I'm not sure if it helped very much... but just thought I'd share that-- bee pollen is actually used to help allergies (at least in some places).
                            Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

Hello guys. I just wanted to post that I have taken my Bee Pollen and Holy Basil faithfully as my doctor directed. I really wish my doctor had been more informative about why she was giving me this for alcoholism.

Although I have been feeling very well, I have noticed no difference in relation to my drinking. In fact, last week was a disaster, I drank 5 out of 7 days.

Im sure the suppliments are good for my body, all that. But this combination really has not done much in the way of curbing my drinking. It seems only my mental state and willpower is what keeps me away from the booze. Going to re evaulate at the end of this month. Maybe a trip to a different doctor may be in my future, and this time I am going to talk more, and ask alot more questions.

Comment

Working...
                              X