Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

L-Glut and nicotine

Hi, All

I started taking l-glut over the weekend, and it seems to be working really well. I've noticed that I'm smoking a lot less as well. Has anyone else had a similar experience?
    I'll do whatever it takes
    AF 21/08/2009

L-Glut and nicotine

Hey Tip .. I'm not a smoker, but wanted to say *yey!* .... If fewer smokes is a side effect of L-glut, that would be great. I can imagine it would be so difficult to attempt to give up both alcohol and smokes at the same time, but if it could happen "naturally", that would be very cool!
    AF for two years. Slight relapse. Working on it at the moment.

Comment

L-Glut and nicotine

Im working on both the smokes and the booze. So I really hope the L-glut has the same side effect for me. I do remember while trying to quit smoking a while back, someone gave me L-glut for that as well. A 1-2 punch on the bad habits. YAY.

Comment

L-Glut and nicotine

I take the l-glut and I quit smoking a month ago. I don't know if it helps with smoking cessation but, it certainly helps with the sugar cravings you can get when you quit. You know that incessant need to shove bad foods in your mouth? Carbs, candy, etc. I haven't felt the need to eat more than usual and haven't gained an ounce.

Amino acids are good for you. I am sure there is some benefit over all with the l-glut when quitting smoking and drinking.

Comment

L-Glut and nicotine

There is also a close correlation between AL and nicotine that I've found with myself. The more I drink, the more I smoke, so I guess the inverse is also happening - I'm drinking less, and feeling less cravings for nicotine in the process.
          AF 21/08/2009

Comment

L-Glut and nicotine

Hi Tip,
            On June 14, I started back on L-glut three times daily. I've only drank once since then. A week after June 14, I quit smoking (again). I have to admit, it wasn't extremely hard for me this time. I think it's a combo of not drinking and the supps. I've been taking L-glut three times daily. Everything seems easier, including quitting smokes, if I'm not drinking in excess.
            Sometimes what you're most afraid of doing is the very thing that will set you free.

Comment

L-Glut and nicotine

Starts told me about taking L-Glut when I quit the twaks in Feb -- and I can tell you it definetly does help.
              I also read Patrick Holfords' book "How to quit without feeling shit" and it is also one of the supps recommended there.
              L-Glut will also help with carb cravings -- but I haven't had great success with that :-(
              "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

L-Glut and nicotine

LOL @ Deebs' carb cravings. That is DW's downfall as well when she tries to lose weight on a high-protein diet :-)
                AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Working...
                X